Bills better off surrounding Taylor than replacing him?

dezertbill

I just want a bigger talent at QB. Got my fingers crossed for Rosen.

Haha, 165 get ya mad? He needs to do better man, I have one leg on the wagon of support for him right now I'm not sure I will ever throw that other leg on because of how well our D is helping him this season.

Of course if Tyrod keeps improving and gets us to round1 of the playoffs then we need to keep him or sell big, eitherway we need to draft big at QB in 2018 for the future. I want a true franchise worthy QB one that can hit a 300 game without a OT quarter something Tyrod has yet to do. If Tyrod stays for 2018 he will cost a bunch but by 2019 the rook will be more then ready to take over and that money can be used on other positions. IMO

Damn.

I thought you were past this YARDZZZ!!! obsession and were starting to see things more clearly.

Do you really think Deshaun Watson would be averaging 243 YPG and have 19 TD passes if we had the exact same Buffalo Bills but just swapped Taylor out for Watson?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am seeing evidence the game is slowing down for him.

That Holmes TD was something you see from elite QBs, not pedestrian ones. The ball placement was perfection.

He's starting to gain more confidence in his escapability. When he scrambles to buy time he's almost running at half speed, knowing d line men aren't running him down.

They are best trying to do both. Let's see where the QBs stand come January but at the moment I don't see a "sell the farm" guy there. So go in with the mindset that one of your first 4 picks will be a Quarterback but don't force it and use the other picks to put talent around Taylor.

Tyrod will be the starter next year unless a rook beats him out.

They are best trying to do both. Let's see where the QBs stand come January but at the moment I don't see a "sell the farm" guy there. So go in with the mindset that one of your first 4 picks will be a Quarterback but don't force it and use the other picks to put talent around Taylor.

Tyrod will be the starter next year unless a rook beats him out.

and he's playing better than a lot of other QBs right now

I just want a bigger talent at QB. Got my fingers crossed for Rosen.

Haha, 165 get ya mad? He needs to do better man, I have one leg on the wagon of support for him right now I'm not sure I will ever throw that other leg on because of how well our D is helping him this season.

Of course if Tyrod keeps improving and gets us to round1 of the playoffs then we need to keep him or sell big, eitherway we need to draft big at QB in 2018 for the future. I want a true franchise worthy QB one that can hit a 300 game without a OT quarter something Tyrod has yet to do. If Tyrod stays for 2018 he will cost a bunch but by 2019 the rook will be more then ready to take over and that money can be used on other positions. IMO

So you have your fingers crossed for the first overall pick? We need more passing yards!! Brees led the league in passing yards in each of the last 3 years. His record was 21-26.

That's not saying much. As someone else put it the ceiling is the roof.

I concur but as much as it could be better, it could also be a lot worse and we have we finally have a chance at the playoffs

Edited by nucci

I'm on the fence a lot with this topic.

One week I wanna draft Josh Allen. Then the next week I feel like just rolling with Taylor and just use UFA and bring in Landry and John Brown as starting WR's in 2018. Problem solved.

I do know that if Taylor is to remain the starting QB, him and the team need to do a better job on the road.

Can't be a consistent winner if you are just winning home games.

It jus depends on the quality of these college QB's at the end of their year. Several have come back to earth during their season. I think we'll pick someone, but potentially not package picks to move up. I used to think the opposite, but not sure if there is any slam dunk guys who's worth it.

I do agree we need to keep adding talent with all of these picks.

For me, it is too early to call. If Tyrod can continue the plat we have seen in that past 2 games then hell yes. Consistency has been and issue, as has been accuracy (which seems to be improving). He still need to display anticipation and trust in his receivers, but that also seems to be on the upswing.

It would be great if we could surround a consistently good Tyrod with weapons using all of those high draft picks, as well as replacing some aging warriors.

I think they can do better. Tyrod is playing the same way he's played in his previous two seasons. The defense is playing lights out and scoring points and they're getting enough from the offense. I think it'd be hard to move on from Taylor if they make the playoffs. Most likely scenario to me is they end up with a guy who is more of a project like Josh Allen, not sure if that's a good thing.

I don't see a guy that I'd want to move heaven and earth to move way up in the draft to grab. But I do think they will draft a guy the first or second round.

We'll see how the season shakes out. If TT takes them deep into the playoffs then he's the guy for a while. I still have this feeling that Peterman starts next year.

It is amazing how a Defense that can score nearly 7 ppg can make a QB look like he's improved.

I'm not saying that TT hasn't made progress, just pointing out what some people perceive.

I dont see a ton of progress. I see largely the same player as the last few years. TT is good enough to win with and can lift inferior talent around him with his playmaking ability. Hes going to make a few plays each week, both good and bad, that very few QBs make. Hes always going to be hard to quantify because he plays a different style. TT is a middle of the road NFL starter.

So you have your fingers crossed for the first overall pick? We need more passing yards!! Brees led the league in passing yards in each of the last 3 years. His record was 21-26.

Although as discussed that is not the greatest example because Brees played with not just a bad defense but an all-time record setting bad defense. Give Brees a D that's just bad and he is in the playoffs. As he will be this year.