Special Teams / Huge Props

Bakin

Schmidt seems to be regaining his form after somewhat of a down year last year.

All the squib kicking was making me nervous for fear of one going out of bounds eventually. Plus we gave up a huge return but likely got the holding call. And Patterson ripped off a big return too. But yeah, overall, those guys are really attacking the football and trying to get it out.

I liked the idea of the low line drive kickoffs on a wet field and away from Patterson. Just a good call. Schmidt was very good all day. Hauschka was solid as usual and big props for causing a fumble. The coverage units have been good all year. Maybe one long return. Not sure what fans think of Crossman now. ;)

I liked the idea of the low line drive kickoffs on a wet field and away from Patterson. Just a good call. Schmidt was very good all day. Hauschka was solid as usual and big props for causing a fumble. The coverage units have been good all year. Maybe one long return. Not sure what fans think of Crossman now. ;)

I kept hearing Curly Howard in my head, every time the Raiders tried to field a kick.

I like our kickers. Ill be hard pressed to buy that crossman suddenly became a good coach.

Seriously, so many of us were wrong. Good for McD knowing and trusting what he saw....ST has been huge for Bills this year, likely the difference in most of these games.

McD is one of those coaches that puts a ton of stock in special teams, designs his active roster around it to some degree, prefers a reserve who is a little less of a player at his position to one that is better at ST. Spends a lot of time in practice on it. And it shows. The first year that Marrone was around (iirc) we signed a bunch of guys like Corey Graham and Boobie Dixon who were ST demons and it showed (they weren't the only two). Then the next year it seemed we didn't care as much and Crossman was crucified for being an idiot. Schmidt punted horribly last year. This year he is killing it. Not sure how much of that can be coaching.

I like our kickers. Ill be hard pressed to buy that crossman suddenly became a good coach.

Kickers have been great. But Schmidt sucked last year. McBeane have put a lot of stock in guys who can play special teams.

that's right, he only has a job because of Marrone...

Schmidt's punt inside the 3 was a thing of beauty.

He's been excellent all season.