Mccoy needs a running mate

I think this has become obvious to some this year. A big back who can take some of the load off of Mccoy might extend his career and improve his efficiency. Tolbert is just a stop gap guy. This should be addressed in the offseason. I believe this is a bigger need than some people think it is. It'll keep Mccoy's legs fresh, plus this draft class is loaded with good backs.

Tolbert really hasnt been terrible. He is no McCoy and I definately wouldnt want Tolbert our number 1 if McCoy went down, but Tolbert has not been that bad of a change of pace back. He has picked up some key yardage. Just dont put him on sweeps or swing passes.

I agree. I keep hoping they trade for someone before the deadline. It was reported they were sniffing around for a RB.

I hope this happens too this year. I have no issues with Tolbert, he's been ok playing the role of grizzled veteran behind McCoy but we need a true change of pace guy like we had with Gillesie and Carlos Williams. No reason we can't find somebody right now with a late round pick in a trade.

I like Tolbert. I think everyone agrees -- Tolbert is good, but he's situational. If Shady is out multiple weeks, you don't want to rely on just Tolbert and DiMarco.

Taiwan Jones looked good last week but they could use someone else at HB still, I think.

Ideally next year we have rookies at QB2 and HB2 behind Tyrod and Shady.

I like Tolbert. I think everyone agrees -- Tolbert is good, but he's situational. If Shady is out multiple weeks, you don't want to rely on just Tolbert and DiMarco.

Taiwan Jones looked good last week but they could use someone else at HB still, I think.

Ideally next year we have rookies at QB2 and HB2 behind Tyrod and Shady.

If Shady was hurt my bet would be Banyard or Jones starts and Tolbert keeps his same role. I think Banyard/Jones would split up Shady touches or they would go with a hot hand approach.

Tolbert has been more than adequate in his role. I really don't get why everyone is stuck on the opinion that he needs to be upgraded. He's a 3-8 carry a game type guy. He can move a pile and punish tacklers. And by the way...he's very underrated as a pass catcher.

Notice how I said it should be addressed in the offseason? Didn't read well did we? Buffalo needs a guy who can rush 10-15 times next to Mccoy not 3-8 going into next year. He's 30. Tolbert is also old and not a potential replacement. Please read before commenting

If Shady was hurt my bet would be Banyard or Jones starts and Tolbert keeps his same role. I think Banyard/Jones would split up Shady touches or they would go with a hot hand approach.

You're right, I forgot we brought back Joe B.

Team is probably set at RB.

Notice how I said it should be addressed in the offseason? Didn't read well did we? Buffalo needs a guy who can rush 10-15 times next to Mccoy not 3-8 going into next year. He's 30. Tolbert is also old and not a potential replacement. Please read before commenting

Wow, snark much? You assume McCoy is even on the team next year. That's cute. As you said, he's 30, has a high contract and will start to decline before you know it. His "potential replacement" isn't on the roster for a reason. RBs have a shorter shelf life thank a carton of milk.

But hey, at least your reply was so cutting and original. You managed a reading comprehension quip. You must be at the top of your 9th grade class.

Wow, snark much? You assume McCoy is even on the team next year. That's cute. As you said, he's 30, has a high contract and will start to decline before you know it. His "potential replacement" isn't on the roster for a reason. RBs have a shorter shelf life thank a carton of milk.

But hey, at least your reply was so cutting and original. You managed a reading comprehension quip. You must be at the top of your 9th grade class.

I think you made my point for me. There's no replacement/running mate for Mccoy on the roster. Thank you

Am concerned because without McCoy , our offense is done.

It seems as if the line has suddenly figured out how to block over the last two weeks. I assume some changes were made during the bye. I wonder how much say Shady had in it.

Tolbert was getting some decent yardage on some plays but he is not capable of carrying this load of Shady goes down.

Am concerned because without McCoy , our offense is done.

It seems as if the line has suddenly figured out how to block over the last two weeks. I assume some changes were made during the bye. I wonder how much say Shady had in it.

Tolbert was getting some decent yardage on some plays but he is not capable of carrying this load of Shady goes down.

the change was Cordy Glenn came back. Imo

the change was Cordy Glenn came back. Imo

Agreed.

Its blows my mind how trade talk gossip swirls around Glenn; like really good young LT grow on trees. Why in the world would we want to trade him. Yeh hes costly, like every other really good LT is.

Edited by bobobonators

I think Tolbert has done a good job.

Tolbert isn't someone who can take over the load when Mccoy gets hurt which happens every year. This offseason they should look for Mccoy's eventual replacement and a guy that can split the load with him if he is on the roster next season. Tolbert is not a guy who can split the load. Tolbert is not a running mate

He's a once in generation talent man. The 30 year old stigma doesn't apply to Shady imo.. he looks 25 .. what makes u think he's going to lose a step other than his age? I haven't seen one inkling of him losing a step

I absolutely agree, but will say that Tolbert did his job today and didn't leave a lot of yards on the field that I thought he did in other games. Tolbert should be the #3 and sometimes short yardage back and backup FB and special teams player.

I agree, nothing against Tolbert. He has played well but I think we need a number 2 back that will eventually take over as our 1 in a few years. He just isn't that.

I agree. I keep hoping they trade for someone before the deadline. It was reported they were sniffing around for a RB.

i know it would never have happened but i'd have enjyoed them getting Peterson, though i think Peterson is more done than he shows. fueled by passion to prove people wrong right now.

i know it would never have happened but i'd have enjyoed them getting Peterson, though i think Peterson is more done than he shows. fueled by passion to prove people wrong right now.

The issue you are going to have with Peterson, even as an impassioned player wanting to prove people wrong, is that he is resistant to subordinating himself to another primary back and touching the ball at a much lesser rate that he feels he should have. The chemistry right now is so balanced. I hate to see it tampered with.

The issue you are going to have with Peterson, even as an impassioned player wanting to prove people wrong, is that he is resistant to subordinating himself to another primary back and touching the ball at a much lesser rate that he feels he should have. The chemistry right now is so balanced. I hate to see it tampered with.

do not disagree one bit

but his skillset and ability would be the PERFECT compliment for McCoy

do not disagree one bit

but his skillset and ability would be the PERFECT compliment for McCoy

What New England does well is get worn out running backs and judiciously use them. They don't keep them for long but when they have them they usually make a great contribution. For the most part the issue isn't the talent but the mind-set and willingness to accept a diminishing role.