Shady is ridiculous

YoloinOhio

Forgive me 2BD, for I have sinned...

When the Alonso for McCoy trade was announced, I did not support the trade. Maybe I was influenced by the Alonso jersey hanging in my closet.

I thought it was wrong, as a team building toward the future, to trade a young talented LB for an older talented RB. I thought that RB's are replaceable, if the OLine is in place to open holes. I thought that RB careers are relatively short, so we were essentially giving up about five years of play with this trade.

I didn't appreciate what a game-changing talent McCoy is until I watched him play week after week. Since McCoy has arrived, he is the single-most important player on this team - when he is out, our chances to win drop significantly.

This trade has been a great trade for us (almost as good as the Jerry Hughes for Sheppard trade) and I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

FP

That is exactly what has been going on.

Bills have not let up one bit in featuring him in both run and pass> so cool how he flagged 35 off after the slow get up today.

Buffalo's McCoy is becoming a legend.

and to think back of all the opines during his first year here.

I was dead wrong on him tbh, I didn't think he had as much left as he clearly does. Athleticism is just off the charts the way he gets out of his cuts. Size, speed, vision...he's the total package.

Forgive me 2BD, for I have sinned...

When the Alonso for McCoy trade was announced, I did not support the trade. Maybe I was influenced by the Alonso jersey hanging in my closet.

I thought it was wrong, as a team building toward the future, to trade a young talented LB for an older talented RB. I thought that RB's are replaceable, if the OLine is in place to open holes. I thought that RB careers are relatively short, so we were essentially giving up about five years of play with this trade.

I didn't appreciate what a game-changing talent McCoy is until I watched him play week after week. Since McCoy has arrived, he is the single-most important player on this team - when he is out, our chances to win drop significantly.

This trade has been a great trade for us (almost as good as the Jerry Hughes for Sheppard trade) and I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

FP

It sounds to me like you're making a good bit of forwar....

Ahh, never mind.

I was dead wrong on him tbh, I didn't think he had as much left as he clearly does. Athleticism is just off the charts the way he gets out of his cuts. Size, speed, vision...he's the total package.

Not my kind of back. I don't like sideways much less backwards.

But when he gets rolling he is a game changer. Real deal. Wants to win for the Team. and I am okay that he wants to be the hero.

He for sure has shown me to have underestimated him in many a category

In terms of talent, maybe. It's a close one with he and Orenthal.

On-field-greatness, Thurman has him, hands down.

In terms of talent, maybe. It's a close one with he and Orenthal.

On-field-greatness, Thurman has him, hands down.

oh for Gods sake.Take a pill.

Bills backs I have watched...

1. OJ Simpson

2. Thurman Thomas

3. Lesean McCoy

4. A bunch of other guys that were very good (Fred Jackson, Greg Bell, Joe Cribbs)

He is great to watch.

ahh you youngsters.....

1.OJ

2.Cookie Gilchrist

3.Thurman

4.Tie Lesean and Fred Jackson

5.Joe Cribbs

Now there is always the problem with how you do the judging. Cookie played 3 yrs and Thurman a decade.-The game was different etc etc.

In hockey do you count Pat Lafontaine on the sabres all time list for quantity or quality?--I think he was just as good as Perrault.

Cookie was the 2nd best runner in pro football in his era(he didn't get to the nfl until the almost elderly RB age of 27) behind Jim Brown.

Thurman was probably the 3rd best in his prime behind Barry sanders and Emmit Smith--altho the difference was razor thin.Which is why his HoF induction vote took one yr..

OJ was the best of his era. Lesean and Fred were/are ~ 4th or 5th best in the league.Which means they are /were still great runners.

That is exactly what has been going on.

Bills have not let up one bit in featuring him in both run and pass> so cool how he flagged 35 off after the slow get up today.

Buffalo's McCoy is becoming a legend.

and to think back of all the opines during his first year here.

His first year? There are people that continue to opine about him.

Even this year people were saying we should trade him.

I just don't understand how some of these fans think. LeSean McCoy is the best RB we've had since Thurman, and there are people who still do not see how valuable of a player he is for the Bills.

His first year? There are people that continue to opine about him.

Even this year people were saying we should trade him.

I just don't understand how some of these fans think. LeSean McCoy is the best RB we've had since Thurman, and there are people who still do not see how valuable of a player he is for the Bills.

Because RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found anywhere....look how well Gillislee is playing.....Plus McCoy is overpaid and slowing down....he's on the decline.....too much wear and tear....Come on....don't you know this?

ahh you youngsters.....

1.OJ

2.Cookie Gilchrist

3.Thurman

4.Tie Lesean and Fred Jackson

5.Joe Cribbs

Now there is always the problem with how you do the judging. Cookie played 3 yrs and Thurman a decade.-The game was different etc etc.

In hockey do you count Pat Lafontaine on the sabres all time list for quantity or quality?--I think he was just as good as Perrault.

Cookie was the 2nd best runner in pro football in his era(he didn't get to the nfl until the almost elderly RB age of 27) behind Jim Brown.

Thurman was probably the 3rd best in his prime behind Barry sanders and Emmit Smith--altho the difference was razor thin.Which is why his HoF induction vote took one yr..

OJ was the best of his era. Lesean and Fred were/are ~ 4th or 5th best in the league.Which means they are /were still great runners.

check this out

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/state-your-case-why-cookie-gilchrist-is-worthy-of-hof-consideration/

They call it the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

But it’s not. It’s the NFL Hall of Fame.

For Canton to be the Pro Football Hall of Fame, all forms of gridiron achievement would need to be recognized. Miller Farr’s six interceptions in the World Football League would count toward his Hall-of-Fame candidacy. Herschel Walker’s 5,562 rushing yards in the USFL would count toward his candidacy. Doug Flutie’s 41,355 passing yards in the CFL would count toward his candidacy.

But they do not.

Bills backs I have watched...

1. OJ Simpson

2. Thurman Thomas

3. Lesean McCoy

4. A bunch of other guys that were very good (Fred Jackson, Greg Bell, Joe Cribbs)

He is great to watch.

Travis Henry had a couple good seasons when he was here:

2003 - 1,356 yards 10TD's

2004 - 1,438 yards 13TD's

Edited by Azucho98

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 2:37 PM, BigDingus said:

No. Most HOF RB's have lead the league in rushing yards multiple times (McCoy did it once in 2013), or at least rushing TD's... He's only had double digit rushing TD's in a season twice, and he only averages 76 rushing yards a game for his career.

Plus it's not like he's been a dominant force in the playoffs or been the key piece on a bunch of winning teams. He still has a few good years left if he stays healthy, so he definitely can add to his stats & make a case for it, but as of now I don't think he'll make it to the Hall of Fame. He's got the talent for sure, but not the numbers or the wins, kinda like Eric Moulds.

Probably right. The Hall of the Very Good for now. He's already surprised me by showing no signs of slowing down into his late 20s, but it's a rare RB indeed who can keep it going into his 30s. And with the exception of a couple guys - Gale Sayers, who benefited from tremendous national reputation,  and Terrell Davis, who had a 2,000 yard season and a couple Super Bowl rings - who had careers end early with catastrophic injuries, the rest of the HOF RB class put up those huge career numbers that come with remaining very productive into their 30s.

imagine last week if the game didnt get away from us... he averaged 10+yds per carry.  Hopefully he totally shreds KC, and they have some designed read options put back in the offense to keep the KC D honest.  He prob needs to go for 150yds for us to have a chance....

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

imagine last week if the game didnt get away from us... he averaged 10+yds per carry.  Hopefully he totally shreds KC, and they have some designed read options put back in the offense to keep the KC D honest.  He prob needs to go for 150yds for us to have a chance....

And if they use Travaris Cadet with the plays they were previously trying to use Tolbert for on the outside, that will help as well 

On 10/29/2017 at 4:37 PM, BigDingus said:

No. Most HOF RB's have lead the league in rushing yards multiple times (McCoy did it once in 2013), or at least rushing TD's... He's only had double digit rushing TD's in a season twice, and he only averages 76 rushing yards a game for his career.

Plus it's not like he's been a dominant force in the playoffs or been the key piece on a bunch of winning teams. He still has a few good years left if he stays healthy, so he definitely can add to his stats & make a case for it, but as of now I don't think he'll make it to the Hall of Fame. He's got the talent for sure, but not the numbers or the wins, kinda like Eric Moulds.

Tony Dorsett never led the league in rushing 

neither did Jerome Bettis 

or Marshall Faulk

Shady leading the league once is Perfectly acceptable because he also catches so many passes