Shady is ridiculous

YoloinOhio

@nflresearch

LeSean McCoy has 8 games with 150+ rushing yards in the last 5 seasons, twice as many as the next-closest player

@buckybrooks

Wow! Who knew @CutonDime25 was putting up those kinds of numbers as an RB1. It's hard to pick up 150+ when everyone knows you're the man

dime a dozen and on the decline...no reason to pay a RB that kind of money

That's looks about right.

Thank you.

I think that would be a general consensus with anyone that has been a fan through those backs careers.

EDIT: I might have to put Joe Cribbs at 4 by himself.

I didn't realize they used him as a downfield receiver so much...

Edited by OJABBA

I actually think RBs and their value are making a comeback. The Jags are now respectable despite Bortles short comings. The Rams running game under their new coach has helped Goff tremendously. Kareem Hunt has made Alex Smith better. The Giants have ignored the position and are paying the price. So early RBs like Zeke, Fournette, Gurley have certainly made their teams much better. McCoy is the same...he's a play maker. The team that doesnt kitty foot around and takes Barkley next year wont regret it.

Bills backs I have watched...

1. OJ Simpson

2. Thurman Thomas

3. Lesean McCoy

4. A bunch of other guys that were very good (Fred Jackson, Greg Bell, Joe Cribbs)

He is great to watch.

Yep. And being at number three on that list isn't nothing. Thurman Thomas was one of the top two or three best RBs of the 90s, and OJ Simpson is probably the greatest running back to ever play the game -- right there with Walter Payton and Jim Brown.

Anyone who hasn't watched highlights of OJ should do so immediately. He is our best player in franchise history (unfortunately).

I actually think RBs and their value are making a comeback. The Jags are now respectable despite Bortles short comings. The Rams running game under their new coach has helped Goff tremendously. Kareem Hunt has made Alex Smith better. The Giants have ignored the position and are paying the price. So early RBs like Zeke, Fournette, Gurley have certainly made their teams much better. McCoy is the same...he's a play maker. The team that doesnt kitty foot around and takes Barkley next year wont regret it.

I agree with this; the idea that RBs were less valuable was more of a media/perception thing than true reality.

There's no way Shaquan Barkley will fall to the Bills in the first round, but ooooh man, if somehow he did... that would be a lethal addition.

Yep. And being at number three on that list isn't nothing. Thurman Thomas was one of the top two or three best RBs of the 90s, and OJ Simpson is probably the greatest running back to ever play the game -- right there with Walter Payton and Jim Brown.

Anyone who hasn't watched highlights of OJ should do so immediately. He is our best player in franchise history (unfortunately).

I agree with this; the idea that RBs were less valuable was more of a media/perception thing than true reality.

There's no way Shaquan Barkley will fall to the Bills in the first round, but ooooh man, if somehow he did... that would be a lethal addition.

yep, and yep.

It's true RB by committee was taking over and GR hopped on thebandeagon exclaiming RBs are dime a dozen and franchise QB is the only path to success.

I think it's showing however you can still get ahold of those special backs and it makes you much better. Watch Dak without Zeke

Can anyone who has watched film of the Bills/heard from someone who has confirm that the Bills have gone back to the blocking schemes from the previous 2 years? If so, it would explain a lot and give me a lot more faith in the offensive coaching.

Can anyone who has watched film of the Bills/heard from someone who has confirm that the Bills have gone back to the blocking schemes from the previous 2 years? If so, it would explain a lot and give me a lot more faith in the offensive coaching.

I would not say they have changed blocking schemes completely.

What it looks like they have done is implemented packages with the power blocking scheme installed.

We have been running Power O more and more the last few weeks with very good success and I'd assume it will stay as a package the rest of the year

Cookie Gilchrist - The guy who just went up on the wall was an amazing athlete. 6'3" 250 pounds, fast, mean, best blocking running back ever to play the game, at one time also handled PAT's and FG's.

He was outspoken, and proud, and that was a problem for some people at the time.

He ran for 243 yards, the pro football record at the time, on a field so bad they would have cancelled the game in the modern era.

Probably would have been an all-pro if he had played defense as well.