Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

The only thing worth doing is not show up to the game. But you know they won't do that because they want the game check

when you whore out your principles for a $ you're not a monkey, though. you're a whore. the nfl is full of them.

i betchya if anquan boldin lost out on a boatload of money with a ponzi scheme he'd forget his bull **** cause. these players get their money and ride off in to the sunset and i'm glad of it. i don't feel bad for the ones who blew all their money or have none left because of xyz excuses.

Russell Wilson also plans on kneeling to end the ball game.

win.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he'd like to be traded, but I'd be surprised if the Texans oblige.

@RapSheet

Though #Texans owner Bob McNair did apologize to players yesterday, it did not go over well. I’m told to expect some form of protest today

#Texans LT Duane Brown held out this season & a key reason was his feelings on owner Bob McNair’s personal views, I’m told. This didn’t help

@adamschefter

Texans plan group protest; options include kneeling, peeling Texans decal off helmet, raising fists, staying in locker room during anthem.

I'd LOVE to see them sticking their fingernails under those decals, trying in vain to peel them off.

That would be hysterical!

Look I don't expect much. We allow our police force to be uneducated, run them through an academy, and hand them a gun. I mean what do you expect. It doesn't help that police are poorly compensated, so people that have higher earning potential aren't enticed by the job. Instead those jobs to people used to getting their way through force, not through thinking and conversation. Detectives are a different story.

Do you realize that detectives were at one point "uneducated" street cops? They weren't hired as detectives. Is there *any* part of this argument that you have any kind of credibility or understanding of?

Yes, I do know. It's blatantly obvious what their problem is. And again, I think they way overreacted. But it's extremely clear why they were pissed. Black players have been saying similar things for decades about the same issue, and it's not about asylums.

@AdamSchefter

Texans plan group protest; options include kneeling, peeling Texans decal off helmet, raising fists, staying in locker room during anthem.

Once again why they release this to the media?

Why not just do it?

They are seeking attention and that is all.

If it truly bothered them just do what you said.

you don't even know me to make that assumption. And you just have to trust me, I'd have no problem telling them what I think if I chose. But, essentially if they'd ask id tell them to shut up and play. Nice of you to make the assumption that I'd be scared of some idiot football player.

Or send them my way. I'm easy to find.

lol

when you whore out your principles for a $ you're not a monkey, though. you're a whore. the nfl is full of them.

i betchya if anquan boldin lost out on a boatload of money with a ponzi scheme he'd forget his bull **** cause. these players get their money and ride off in to the sunset and i'm glad of it. i don't feel bad for the ones who blew all their money or have none left because of xyz excuses.

Sheesh. I hope you don't have children.

If only there was as much outrage over CTE, or domestic abuse, or drug abuse, etc...

I mean, not for nothing I'm still trying to find the uproar over Bennett fabricating his in counter with the cops in Vegas.

These players are becoming more and more social justice warriors than Hollywood. They need to be held more accountable.

Charges being filed and being found guilty are not the same though. Sometimes charges are justified and they are brought. Cops have to follow the rules too. Not sure what the issue is except a few jocks think all white people are racist.

Is your concern, at least in part, that they think you are racist?

Because I view this as more than a few jocks thinking that less than all whites are racist and Ill tell you- it really makes my Sunday afternoon far less stressful

Is there a point when so many things are protested that the protests end up becoming almost meaningless. If so I think we're just about there.

Its the fatigue factor that comes with the social media age. Paired with movements being much more bottom up than top down and it makes for some interesting dynamics to watch play out as everyone figures out the effective way to do all this in a very different era.

If only there was as much outrage over CTE, or domestic abuse, or drug abuse, etc...

I mean, not for nothing I'm still trying to find the uproar over Bennett fabricating his in counter with the cops in Vegas.

These players are becoming more and more social justice warriors than Hollywood. They need to be held more accountable.

Michael Bennett has the media behind him. That's as powerful as any fact that flies in the face of the nonsense he spewed weeks after this event took place.

Lie about law enforcement and you are not vetted properly because of the Media and solely because of the media.

Is your concern, at least in part, that they think you are racist?

Because I view this as more than a few jocks thinking that less than all whites are racist and Ill tell you- it really makes my Sunday afternoon far less stressful

My concern is that they are spreading a false narrative, and the media is going along for the ride shoveling this crap out as fact. It's not stressful. It sure is annoying though. I'm tired of hearing them talk about it. It HAS overshadowed the game and all the shows I once enjoyed where they actually talked about football. I don't care what these ball players think of me. It's what they think of the Caucasian race as a whole, and of law enforcement. That's where the REAL DANGER of this lies. With the MEDIA. They can believe what they wish, I think the WORST part of it by far is the media attention and parroting of their racist message with literally no naysayers or contrary point of view. It's peddled as fact. Not one of these big mouths on ESPN this AM could possibly believe that old crotchety McNair butchered a commonly used axiom by one word. Now it really is all about the players. The Texans are not victims. I'd like to see them just simply forfeit the game and not show up on the field.