Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

Common saying. But of course miscronstrued by the undereducated crybaby players.Dumb dumb players..He didn't literally call you inmates.Not going to class and never reading a book has its downside.

Idiots. If he had phrased it correctly and said " asylum" they would have cried that he was comparing them to crazy people.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's how the justice system works in most cases involving homicide, manslaughter; more serious charges take longer.

a simply case generally takes at least a year.

I know stuff often takes a long time. But the LAPD concluded their investigation and the Chief made his recommendation almost two years ago.

I know stuff often takes a long time. But the LAPD concluded their investigation and the Chief made his recommendation almost two years ago.

so, if I understand you correctly we should simply do our legal system based on what a police chief recommends. I can see how that would be a great idea... I hope you understand that sarcasm... I'm sure you will... But many might not.

Idiots. If he had phrased it correctly and said " asylum" they would have cried that he was comparing them to crazy people.

No. They wouldn't have. It's that kind of insensitivity or ignorance that is a significant portion of the problem. Minorities have problems assuming they are criminals or owned or under someone else's dominion. It's been that way for ages. That's why they flipped out over "inmates." The fact you don't understand or acknowledge this kind of thing is what they are complaining about.

No. They wouldn't have. It's that kind of insensitivity or ignorance that is a significant portion of the problem. Minorities have problems assuming they are criminals or owned or under someone else's dominion. It's been that way for ages. That's why they flipped out over "inmates." The fact you don't understand or acknowledge this kind of thing is what they are complaining about.

If people are wigging out over a 170-year old idiom, it's the people wigging out that have the problem.

This isn't a "race" issue. It's a hypersensitivity run amok issue.

If people are wigging out over a 170-year old idiom, it's the people wigging out that have the problem.

This isn't a "race" issue. It's a hypersensitivity run amok issue.

I said immediately I thought it was a huge overreaction. I was just correcting another poster saying they would have done the same thing if McNair said lunatics running the asylum, and they wouldn't.

You don't know that they wouldn't have had a similar (over)reaction. D.C. Tom is right, this is hypersensitivity run amok. To a degree, any of us that doesn't own our own business is a " slave" to some sort of grind and owned by our boss in a sense. People really need to get a grip. If you want to publicly take a stance that many won't agree with and will think is far overblown you probably should have a bit thicker skin than these mental softies.

I said immediately I thought it was a huge overreaction. I was just correcting another poster saying they would have done the same thing if McNair said lunatics running the asylum, and they wouldn't.

By " correcting " me you are giving these players far too much credit.

You don't know that they wouldn't have had a similar (over)reaction. D.C. Tom is right, this is hypersensitivity run amok. To a degree, any of us that doesn't own our own business is a " slave" to some sort of grind and owned by our boss in a sense. People really need to get a grip. If you want to publicly take a stance that many won't agree with and will think is far overblown you probably should have a bit thicker skin than these mental softies.

By " correcting " me you are giving these players far too much credit.

Yes, I do know. It's blatantly obvious what their problem is. And again, I think they way overreacted. But it's extremely clear why they were pissed. Black players have been saying similar things for decades about the same issue, and it's not about asylums.

@AdamSchefter

Texans plan group protest; options include kneeling, peeling Texans decal off helmet, raising fists, staying in locker room during anthem.

I dare them to remove the decals. It would be the best thing ever. However, doing anything is just stupid

@AdamSchefter

Texans plan group protest; options include kneeling, peeling Texans decal off helmet, raising fists, staying in locker room during anthem.

This is what the owners are most afraid of: unified, concerted action by the players. If its one or two players, they can be disciplined or intimidated, but if the team acts in unison, there is not much that can be done.

The only thing worth doing is not show up to the game.

Why do you say that?

No team on the field no game no profits for the owner

I'm fairly certain the owners have an ability to fall back on their education and expertise.

I'm even more certain that the average football player can't do more than play a game. The best part of this is that the idiots who are making the biggest statements and protests and nonsense are the ones too stupid to make it in the real world. They have no discernible skills short of playing a child's game.

I dare those buffoons to do anything, in 10 years I will laugh at them as they're trying to sell refrigerators at Lowe's or maybe even working at the local car wash

I'm fairly certain the owners have an ability to fall back on their education and expertise.

I'm even more certain that the average football player can't do more than play a game. The best part of this is that the idiots who are making the biggest statements and protests and nonsense are the ones too stupid to make it in the real world. They have no discernible skills short of playing a child's game.

I dare those buffoons to do anything, in 10 years I will laugh at them as they're trying to sell refrigerators at Lowe's or maybe even working at the local car wash

Can't argue with you, you have it all figured out. Do you really think you're smarter than most NFL players? Your replies show you're not. Show me proof of the lack of job skills and be specific,give me names. Otherwise you're f.o.s. These guys go through more than you could ever handle to make it in the league. You probably miss work for a hangnail. I personally know 9 players and they would wipe the floor with you when it comes to smarts. Then they will literally wipe the floor with you, dumb jock style. Get off your high horse.

Can't argue with you, you have it all figured out. Do you really think you're smarter than most NFL players? Your replies show you're not. Show me proof of the lack of job skills and be specific,give me names. Otherwise you're f.o.s. These guys go through more than you could ever handle to make it in the league. You probably miss work for a hangnail. I personally know 9 players and they would wipe the floor with you when it comes to smarts. Then they will literally wipe the floor with you, dumb jock style. Get off your high horse.

why is the impetus on me? i have an iq north of 140 and a successful career. that should get me... nothing.

however, i wake up and give it my best effort.

how about these players? i know several myself. they're not stupid. but i'd attribute that to me not wasting time around idiots and retards, nor ghettofied hoodrats or knuckle dragging cro-mags.

but, the vast evidence shows, whether you admit it or not, the average player of 3-4 years goes on to do a lot less in life than others. hell, college players don't fair much better.

i'm not on a high horse, by the way. ironic you effectively call me stupid and repeat it time and time again that i am stupid, essentialy. than proclaim i am on a high horse? hell no, i wallow in the **** with the pigs and its fun down here. jeesh, you don't even know how to make a valid point, but i make so many of y'all get your panties in a bunch. so, dopey you be you. dopey.