Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for the owners, when you are employing people at the greatest in the world at their jobs level, theres something to be said for treating them as partners instead of demanding obedience. This will effect the players to as the cap is a percentage of revenue. If an owner said listen, this is bad for my wallet today and will be bad for yours tomorrow- lets get ahead of it and find a way that you can feel empowered without shrinking the pie the response would be far different

Agreed. Unfortunately, it’s not well thought out as they have no real ability to change anything directly. I can howl at the moon, but the moon doesn’t care. They need to try to find something that actually WORKS.

I said half and half. But if the public defender was smart enough to get a mostly black jury and make Mark Furman look like a racist from his own words then yes, he could have won with a public defender. It's incredible how many black people in LA still think he is innocent. Because they truly believe the cops could do that.

The people who still believe that are unbelievably stupid. In any case one trial result, especially that one, isnt enough to make any conclusions about the justice system in general.

Did you watch the FX series on the OJ trial? It was amazing. Apparently it was mostly accurate as well.

It was a very, very poor choice of expressions, and he butchered it, but I agree that the employees work for the employer. The employers went along for a while, but they are still the employer. What do players want the owners to do? They are not in charge of law enforcement, and player conduct is affecting the business that pays them all.

If you want your views to be known, fine. Everyone is against police brutality and only an idiot thinks racism is the way to go. Duh. Knock yourself out and make the world a better place.......on your own time. NOT while you are representing the owners at your job. If they need to keep them in the locker room and forego the $5.9 mil, that might be the best option.

I know this will offend many, but I believe in doing your job while you’re at work. The boss makes the rules. They played along, now it’s over. Important issues are worth standing up for, but this only creates controversy and and further divisiveness. In no way does it makes the situation better.

Well summarized. I agree with this analysis.

Unfortunately for the owners, when you are employing people at the greatest in the world at their jobs level, theres something to be said for treating them as partners instead of demanding obedience. This will effect the players to as the cap is a percentage of revenue. If an owner said listen, this is bad for my wallet today and will be bad for yours tomorrow- lets get ahead of it and find a way that you can feel empowered without shrinking the pie the response would be far different

There is no shortage of players good enough to play in the league to replace the malcontents that insist on protesting. The players are treated well, are given great facilities , tremendous work rules limiting strenuous practices etc and travel in style. They really ARE treated as partners. When a few get a really bad idea like protesting something during the anthem that is a divisive and one sided issue to begin with and offending customers, the owners have got to step in. Yes the " inmates running the asylum" would actually be a fitting metaphor but the old codger butchered the phrase. I'm sure your summary about the " pie" and such was already mentioned behind close doors umpteen times.

And that is a very real and valid point. I dont see how taking a knee (at work against your employers wishes) makes it any better. There is a disconnect. Creating discussion is not improving anything. Find something directly productive, or at least dont do it at work. Thats just me....

Yea, that was in response to a guy saying polish jokes dont offend him and not directed at kneeling

There is no shortage of players good enough to play in the league to replace the malcontents that insist on protesting. The players are treated well, are given great facilities , tremendous work rules limiting strenuous practices etc and travel in style. They really ARE treated as partners. When a few get a really bad idea like protesting something during the anthem that is a divisive and one sided issue to begin with and offending customers, the owners have got to step in. Yes the " inmates running the asylum" would actually be a fitting metaphor but the old codger butchered the phrase. I'm sure your summary about the " pie" and such was already mentioned behind close doors umpteen times.

And Ill direct you to the backlash that was received by players that did demonstrations outside the anthem - the I cant breathe shirts, the rams coming out of the tunnel hands up, the pre or post anthem stuff and so on... I just cant buy that the anthem is the core. Its, for wide stretches of the upset crowd, a convenient target for people that dont like what is being said (and possibly who is saying it) Edited by NoSaint

Yea, that was in response to a guy saying polish jokes dont offend him and not directed at kneeling

And Ill direct you to the backlash that was received by players that did demonstrations outside the anthem - the I cant breathe shirts, the rams coming out of the tunnel hands up, the pre or post anthem stuff and so on... I just cant buy that the anthem is the core. Its, for wide stretches of the upset crowd, a convenient target for people that dont like what is being said (and possibly who is saying it)

a good chunk of that backlash was because the protests were bull ****. Hands up don't shoot had been shown to be wrong and a lie. And was further proven to be a lie. The I can't breath shirts was also a bit of a stretch. The American public saw a guy who refused to obey the law as a career criminal and further, not respond to police orders. The American public just doesn't care about situations where stupidity gets you hurt. It's a fringe issue pushed by larger parties at play and delivered by attention whores and those seeking to disrupt the rest of the country.

And Ill direct you to the backlash that was received by players that did demonstrations outside the anthem - the I cant breathe shirts, the rams coming out of the tunnel hands up, the pre or post anthem stuff and so on... I just cant buy that the anthem is the core. Its a convenient target for people that dont like what is being said (and possibly who is saying it)

There is no doubt. It's not just the anthem, though that is the most outrageous example . It's not the core. It's that the core message of the protest (s) is divisive ; us vs them, my point of view is factual because I am an NFL player etc. Some things are just best kept out of football and sports in general. Most fans don't want to hear, see or whatever that crap because they probably think it's incorrect and largely overblown. I know I personally don't care on the race or whatever of the player, I have a major issue with the message. It does make it tougher to pull for these guys who I want to root for but on the other hand don't want to because of this stuff.

I wonder where they could have possibly gotten that idea? You may believe it to be a divisive one-sided issue, but an extremely large number of the rest of us do not. We believe it to be a massive problem that impacts and affects everyone. It's not a protest that harms or inconveniences anyone except people who have incorrectly applied connotations to it that were never stated or intended.

The problem with you folks is that you never took the time to understand what this is all about. Whenever people bring up the fact that these players are millionaires, they announce to everyone that they've completely missed the point. Aside from the fact that yes, some of these players have been victims of police brutality and racial profiling, they're mostly standing up for those that do not have a voice. They are using a platform that they've become fortunate enough to have to speak up for the less fortunate. How on earth is that a bad thing? Would you decry the protests as strongly if they were pro-police?

There was an opportunity to resolve this with the league, but then your president decided it would be a good idea to call the players "sons of bitches" at a campaign rally to deflect attention away from his personal problems, so they players stood up for their brothers and joined the protests as a symbol of unity. That's exactly what i want my football team to do.

I wonder where they could have possibly gotten that idea? You may believe it to be a divisive one-sided issue, but an extremely large number of the rest of us do not. We believe it to be a massive problem that impacts and affects everyone. It's not a protest that harms or inconveniences anyone except people who have incorrectly applied connotations to it that were never stated or intended.

The problem with you folks is that you never took the time to understand what this is all about. Whenever people bring up the fact that these players are millionaires, they announce to everyone that they've completely missed the point. Aside from the fact that yes, some of these players have been victims of police brutality and racial profiling, they're mostly standing up for those that do not have a voice. They are using a platform that they've become fortunate enough to have to speak up for the less fortunate. How on earth is that a bad thing? Would you decry the protests as strongly if they were pro-police?

There was an opportunity to resolve this with the league, but then your president decided it would be a good idea to call the players "sons of bitches" at a campaign rally to deflect attention away from his personal problems, so they players stood up for their brothers and joined the protests as a symbol of unity. That's exactly what i want my football team to do.

I'm very aware that they think they are speaking for those who don't have a voice. They also believe they are speaking for themselves as well but just aren't saying it. You really need to read between the lines here. It's not hard to decipher at all. They think those who they are speaking for are victims of a widespread racism. I do not. I think they are wrong. Their message , like it or not is that most or all whites are racists that keep those of another race down. I disagree strongly with this assertion. There is little to no way their message can be interpreted as something other than that. You seem to think it's a cute little group hug message for unity but it's so obviously not that. Racism is far from a massive problem in the USA now. The NFL doesn't owe them a platform to announce their message regardless of what you have misinterpreted it to be. They should just keep them in the locker room during the anthem and give the military back the money they are paying them to have the players help with their recruitment process. I had no issue with the Presidents statement to his constituents at the rally. Choose to be offended if you wish.

I think the players should kneel in order to protest metaphors. The use of metaphors is getting out of hand.

By the way, this is just a false indignation. The players are smart enough to use this as leverage. Im sure the ones that are leading the pack are doing this and working up the others who arent so bright to understand that this was a figure of speech.

read the average players Twitter. Dey ain't smart nuff 2 figure it out. They gone be on the wrong and

I'm very aware that they think they are speaking for those who don't have a voice. They also believe they are speaking for themselves as well but just aren't saying it. You really need to read between the lines here. It's not hard to decipher at all. They think those who they are speaking for are victims of a widespread racism. I do not. I think they are wrong. Their message , like it or not is that most or all whites are racists that keep those of another race down. I disagree strongly with this assertion. There is little to no way their message can be interpreted as something other than that. You seem to think it's a cute little group hug message for unity but it's so obviously not that. Racism is far from a massive problem in the USA now. The NFL doesn't owe them a platform to announce their message regardless of what you have misinterpreted it to be. They should just keep them in the locker room during the anthem and give the military back the money they are paying them to have the players help with their recruitment process. I had no issue with the Presidents statement to his constituents at the rally. Choose to be offended if you wish.

A real leader would meet with these players kneeling and try to understand where they're coming from and work together to find solutions to what they are protesting. Maybe even talk them out of kneeling. Unfortunately, we have a president who called these players SOB's and then pulls a stunt sending his trained puppet VP to walk out of a Colts game.

A real leader would meet with these players kneeling and try to understand where they're coming from and work together to find solutions to what they are protesting. Maybe even talk them out of kneeling. Unfortunately, we have a president who called these players SOB's and then pulls a stunt sending his trained puppet VP to walk out of a Colts game.

a real leader wouldn't call a thug punk teenager who assaulted his man like his son.

This was going on before Trump, you dolt

I loved it. Got to keep shaking things up and undo the BHO years. There is really no solution to what they are protesting as it barely exists in reality. It's minimal and will always exist in some small form because people are imperfect. It's not like saying " we are for finding a cure for cancer" etc. There is no way to find one shred of anything unifying in their message. So all responses in disagreement will likely be negative.

Is this new name for PPP part of the redesign?

Some folks don't know which heading under which to start their thread. What can you do?

Not offended. I'm just disgusted by your 1950's sensibilities. The facts and statistics regarding institutionalized racism are never honestly refuted by your crowd. If you say that something doesn't exist when there's videos of unarmed people being shot in the back, when there's data that strongly correlates prosecution rates and sentencing duration to race, that's a problem with your willingness to accept it - not a problem with the claim. You've made your politics very clear, but you shouldn't have to be a liberal to think it's not ok to kill or assault unarmed people. ffs.

Well yeah, he butchered it no doubt. Some think it was a Freudian slip and he's a racist. Seems like a stretch.

If he didn't botch the saying it's still in extremely poor taste and shows a complete lack of empathy for the situation - void of leadership.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Not offended. I'm just disgusted by your 1950's sensibilities. The facts and statistics regarding institutionalized racism are never honestly refuted by your crowd. If you say that something doesn't exist when there's videos of unarmed people being shot in the back, when there's data that strongly correlates prosecution rates and sentencing duration to race, that's a problem with your willingness to accept it - not a problem with the claim. You've made your politics very clear, but you shouldn't have to be a liberal to think it's not ok to kill or assault unarmed people. ffs.

If he didn't botch the saying it's still in extremely poor taste and shows a complete lack of empathy for the situation - void of leadership.

please provide 3 cases of unarmed black men being unfairly killed. We will start with that. I only know of one that could be listed - the South Carolina or georgia deputy

Your social justice nonsense is just that. Nonsense. You provide the proof you think people need to see and the statistical information. Then someone provides the actual proof from the federal government who is on your proverbial side.

You won't win this. Facts prove you're 100% wrong to think it's an issue

please provide 3 cases of unarmed black men being unfairly killed. We will start with that. I only know of one that could be listed - the South Carolina or georgia deputy

Your social justice nonsense is just that. Nonsense. You provide the proof you think people need to see and the statistical information. Then someone provides the actual proof from the federal government who is on your proverbial side.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-police-deaths-20160707-snap-htmlstory.html

I wasn't even alive in the '50s . A few videos being sensationalized in the modern social media era hardly mean these things are common. They aren't. It's really a few isolated incidents being blown out of proportion by liberal media that were stumping for Clinton. The numbers on Police shootings show they are not common in a nation the size of ours. It's a narrative being pushed by those with a liberal agenda that can't accept that their candidate lost. That's really it. Most of us are not racists. If you think you will find institutionalized racism then you likely will. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Remember, lack of money is the root of all evil. These issues are socio economic , not racial.

Yea, I won't win this because I don't work for Breitbart. The fact that you need me to dig up information that's been widely circulated for years, tells me all I need to know about you.

Nothing to see here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-police-explain-michael-bennett-incident-deny-claim-of-racial-profiling/

I wasn't even alive in the '50s . A few videos being sensationalized in the modern social media era hardly mean these things are common. They aren't. It's really a few isolated incidents being blown out of proportion by liberal media that were stumping for Clinton. The numbers on Police shootings show they are not common in a nation the size of ours. It's a narrative being pushed by those with a liberal agenda that can't accept that their candidate lost. That's really it. Most of us are not racists. If you think you will find institutionalized racism then you likely will. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Remember, lack of money is the root of all evil. These issues are socio economic , not racial.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

More police killings in a month than in 24 years in England? multiply by 6, carry the two....yea , still BS

Anything from the big 3 networks or CNN is so obviously biased to the liberal side that it just can't be accepted. Look, it's simple. Don't break the law and you will be fine. If you are pulled over follow instructions exactly and be civil. You will be fine. It's really not hard.

Anything from the big 3 networks or CNN is so obviously biased to the liberal side that it just can't be accepted. Look, it's simple. Don't break the law and you will be fine. If you are pulled over follow instructions exactly and be civil. You will be fine. It's really not hard.

ah, yea, the Fake News liberal media defense. What are your accepted non-biased sources? I'm betting I can find the data there too.

Yea, I won't win this because I don't work for Breitbart. The fact that you need me to dig up information that's been widely circulated for years, tells me all I need to know about you.

Nothing to see here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-police-explain-michael-bennett-incident-deny-claim-of-racial-profiling/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

More police killings in a month than in 24 years in England? multiply by 6, carry the two....yea , still BS

You can chalk that up to the presence of guns in the US. Cops need to defend against the possibility of being shot.

You can chalk that up to the presence of guns in the US. Cops need to defend against the possibility of being shot.

No, they don't. Their job is to protect and serve, not to defend themselves from imaginary boogeymen looking to kill them at every confrontation. Their whole ability to do their job is based on conflict resolution. Anyone could resolve a situation by shooting someone when they have carte blanche. If they're so afraid of doing their jobs, they don't deserve to have one. Cowardice is not a defense for murder, even when you call it self-defense.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Nothing to see here:

bwahahhahahahaha you're seriously using the michael bennett case when the evidence shows completely the truth? that he wasn't profiled? that he was running from the officers? that i think one was black and one was another minority?

my god, you make this too easy. get out of here snowflake, you're gonna get torched.

Exactly....some people just don't get it.

Right. They'd rather pretend that shootings are not rampant on the streets and especially in high crime areas. That suspects probably don't have a gun. Reality is they probably do. That's why they are given instructions. How many of these incidents could be prevented if people followed the directives they were given? That's far easier a hurdle to clear than getting guns out if the hands of bad guys.

No, they don't. Their job is to protect and serve, not to defend themselves from imaginary boogeymen looking to kill them at every confrontation. Their whole ability to do their job is based on conflict resolution. Anyone could resolve a situation by shooting someone when they have carte blanche. If they're so afraid of doing their jobs, they don't deserve to have one. Cowardice is not a defense for murder, even when you call it self-defense.

Yeah...imaginary boogeyman. Go knock on the doors of anyone who lost a loved one in the line of duty and say the same thing. I guarantee you don't have enough hair on your balls to do so.

What a joke of a take. EVERY interaction has to include the consideration that a gun is possible. Conflict resolution is a small part of a Cops job. They give instructions what to do to PREVENT having to use their weapon. That's how it has to be. No good Cop looks to " resolve" anything by discharging their weapon. " Carte Blanche"? Are you kidding? Cops are not 007's you know. They are still subject to the law and investigations in use of force incidents. It's the last thing one would want to do. You need to brush up on what the law is. Bad Cops ARE prosecuted. Pretty naive trying to sound like a tough guy. My guess is you don't have what it takes to be a Cop.

bwahahhahahahaha you're seriously using the michael bennett case when the evidence shows completely the truth? that he wasn't profiled? that he was running from the officers? that i think one was black and one was another minority?

my god, you make this too easy. get out of here snowflake, you're gonna get torched.

Running from gunshots is a crime, got it. He wasn't running from the officer- source: the police department. He was fleeing the scene of the shots.

So let me get this straight....if the Texans Owner really thinks the players are inmates the he also thinks he's the owner of a prison? Sheeesh! Come on people!!!

Someone could use an analogy in which I'm a prisoner, inmate, or a unicorn and doesn't upset me in the slightest! Grow up

michael brown and tamir rice were armed. michael brown was assaulting a police officer, too. freddie gray and many of them...the story isn't told. natasha was an unfortunate incident. taylor, no real information there.

i asked for men being unfairly killed. looks like i counted maybe 1 story that seems legit. there are a few there with inconclusive information to it being reasonable, but solid A+ for effort but it fell far short of being a point.

you can't hold those as evidence when many cases are unsolved and many cases are misleading in their description.

but essentially your link is a joke for stating the false narrative of the michael brown situation.

I don't know why people argue with this guy. He will never know how ignorant and a fool he is. No point in educating him. Let's all be happy he gets his nonsense out on a message forum, and not in the real world. And I know that, and would bet all I have, that he can't make a (negative) impact with whatever career he has/had thankfully.

Seriously, people need to learn that a giant part of this country is going to be very very very ignorant people. No point in arguing with them.

Yeah...imaginary boogeyman. Go knock on the doors of anyone who lost a loved one in the line of duty and say the same thing. I guarantee you don't have enough hair on your balls to do so.

"They know what they signed up for" - Your president.

I don't know why people argue with this guy. He will never know how ignorant and a fool he is. No point in educating him. Let's all be happy he gets his nonsense out on a message forum, and not in the real world. And I know that, and would bet all I have, that he can't make a (negative) impact with whatever career he has/had thankfully.

Seriously, people need to learn that a giant part of this country is going to be very very very ignorant people. No point in arguing with them.

Truth. I'm hoping I live just long enough to see the last one die out.

Edited by BullBuchanan

lets play a game. you seem like you might be up for this

police fight crime.

crime occurs in areas where crime occurs.

this is often inner city areas where population density is higher.

population density is generally a sign of lower property values

lower property values attract lower income groups

lower income groups are more likely to be involved with crime

crime attracts policing

policing attracts guns

crime involves guns

guns are bad.

bad guns.

free hat.

so, what exactly are you disagreeing with snowflake?

the fact that the police are not targeting people? what mcnair said is not racist? that folks who cry racism at every slip of the hat are not retarded?

you can call me ignorant, but you're the one getting worked up.