The Games Against NE Will Decide Our Playoff Hopes

H2o

The remaining schedule is no cake walk. We have seen 4-2, 5-1, and whatnot during years past. They all ended without us making the playoffs. I see us at 9-7 and on the outside looking in if we take 2 L's to the Pats this year. If we can get at least one win against Brady and Belicheat I believe 10-6 is a record that gets us in. If we can sweep the Pats somehow we very well could sneak the division at 11-5. A lot of football left and we need to get healthy on defense, but the opportunity is legit this year.

http://m.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html

The remaining schedule is no cake walk. We have seen 4-2, 5-1, and whatnot during years past. They all ended without us making the playoffs. I see us at 9-7 and on the outside looking in if we take 2 L's to the Pats this year. If we can get at least one win against Brady and Belicheat I believe 10-6 is a record that gets us in. If we can sweep the Pats somehow we very well could sneak the division at 11-5. A lot of football left and we need to get healthy on defense, but the opportunity is legit this year.

http://m.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html

I would argue that the Patriots games are the two least important remaining on the schedule.

I always find it interesting how the perception of the upcoming schedule changes from week to week. Just a few weeks ago the Bills only had the Chiefs and Patriots to worry about. All of the other opponents had losing records. Now....the Saints and Dolphins both look better...on paper.

Wait to see how the games plays out. It's all going to change again for sure.

I always find it interesting how the perception of the upcoming schedule changes from week to week. Just a few weeks ago the Bills only had the Chiefs and Patriots to worry about. All of the other opponents had losing records. Now....the Saints and Dolphins both look better...on paper.

Wait to see how the games plays out. It's all going to change again for sure.

The part most likely to change will be us

While important, i think our destiny will be decided one way or another before then.

Oakland, Jets, Saints, Chargers, Chiefs

At 4-2 those 5 games will really decide which way our season goes with Pats looming.

We cannot go any worse than 3-2 in those games in my opinion. That will put us at 7-4 with wiggle room for 2 losses down the stretch (surely at least one loss will come vs Patsies)

While important, i think our destiny will be decided one way or another before then.

At 4-2 those 5 games will really decide which way our season goes with Pats looming.

We cannot go any worse than 3-2 in those games in my opinion. That will put us at 7-4 with wiggle room for 2 losses down the stretch (surely at least one loss will come vs Patsies)

Yes, but add in the two Dolphins games. The Bills need at least a split against them.

I would argue that the Patriots games are the two least important remaining on the schedule.

How is that? Even if you are already giving them the division (why?) conference games factor into wild card tiebreakers and such. How could the pats games be less important than non-conference games?

The Pats always seem to get better as the season wears on. I would have liked one match up a little earlier in the schedule. Either way, until we can get past them, its kind of the same old story. At least we have some room for optimism, and a boat load of early round picks. Not too bad considering the last two decades.

We cannot go any worse than 3-2 in those games in my opinion.

I think the caveat is if we do go 2-3 in those 5 one of the losses has to be to the Saints. If that is the case then even a 3-2 finish in the final five gives us a 7-5 conference record. Still no guarantee we get in but with the way this season has been going so far it does feel like a 9-7 team will make the playoffs this year. It's not likely a 6-6 conference record wins a tiebreaker in that scenario which makes it crucial that we win at minimum 2 of the four conference games coming up.

Either way you look at it. The team needs to step up and play really good football either by going 3-2 over the next five or going 4-1 over the final five.

Yes, but add in the two Dolphins games. The Bills need at least a split against them.

Agree with both posts.

I really think the playoffs come down to the Raiders / Chargers / Dolphins games. Win all of those and it puts us at 8 wins with huge tiebreaker wins over a few other teams who could be looking at a wildcard with us.

Or we just beat the Pats twice, get to 11 wins and win the whole dang thing.

I agree with OP, but think that was established as soon as the sched came out.

We need to carry 8 or more wins into the last 4 weeks to have a chance. We will not sweep the pats and prob not the fins. We need to be in a situation where we only need 2 of the 4.

I truly think we'll split with the Pats. We'll win at the Ralph, and we'll lose in Foxboro. I'm honestly not all that worried about Miami. They haven't looked all that good with Cutler. Sure, Moore stepped in and brought them back to win, but NY was game planning for Cutler. With a week of film, they'll struggle. Even if they get Cutler back... they were pretty crappy even with him. Not a concern.

Doesn't mean those games aren't important. We still need to take care of business.

SD aka LAC. I'd wager there are as many Bills fans in the stadium as Chargers Fans. I'd be more worried about Drew Brees.

NYETS - TNF and away. I an not overly concerned with them

Miami - The Defense should handle Moore or Smoking Jay.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I dont want to sound negative but I still can't see the Bills making the playoffs.

SD,, OAK,NYJ, MIA TWICE, NE TWICE, KC.

That is a brutal schedule ahead.

I love the direction they are going in but I just don't think they are ready quite yet.

The schedule is not as tough as you're making it out to be as all of those teams have weaknesses. BTW, who is SD?

I disagree with this, mostly because we don't even know if we will still be in the playoff picture by the time we play the Pats.

But if we are I think the games against the Dolphins loom larger especially since we play them in Miami in the final game of the season. And as of right now I see the Dolphins finishing 11-5 or 12-4 so we might catch a break playing them the 2nd time if they are resting most of their starters with a playoff spot already clinched.

But again, let's see what happens before then because there are so many tough matchups upcoming starting with the Raiders this week. And considering we also play the Chargers, Chiefs and Saints before we touch the Dolphins and Pats that's why i'd tap the breaks just a bit.

Lol you know the Bills have many weaknesses as well right? Including their whole offensive unit lol.

Los Angeles, sorry

Of course. It's a wonder that the Bills have won any games this season and they should cower in defeat before the upcoming powerhouse opponents. chickenlittle-p.gifsurrender.gif

Of course. It's a wonder that the Bills have won any games this season and they should cower in defeat before the upcoming powerhouse opponents. chickenlittle-p.gifsurrender.gif

When did I ever say they should cower in defeat?

My original statement was the Bills have a tough schedule ahead and you said alot of those teams have weaknesses. I then said so do the Bills.

Not sure how that translates to they should cower in defeat.

If you think they have a favourable schedule, fair enough, but I personally think there are alot of tough games ahead

When did I ever say they should cower in defeat?

My original statement was the Bills have a tough schedule ahead and you said alot of those teams have weaknesses. I then said so do the Bills.

Not sure how that translates to they should cower in defeat.

If you think they have a favourable schedule, fair enough, but I personally think there are alot of tough games ahead

It doesn't, but these Bills are a tough opponent for whatever team they'll face which means they have a chance to win every game on the schedule against flawed teams.