PFF grades for todays game

Glenn actually graded out very well which surprises me, Thompson and Milano however were L.A.R.G.E. and key contributors:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27/

Top 5 Grades:

LB Matt Milano, 88.3 overall grade

T Cordy Glenn, 85.6 overall grade

C Eric Wood, 85.5 overall grade

WR Deonte Thompson, 82.9 overall grade

T Jordan Mills, 82.7 overall grade

Performances of Note: WR Deonte Thompson, 82.9 overall grade

Deonte Thompson only played 22 snaps, and while he didn’t play much, he made a big impact, catching all four passess thrown his way for 107 yards. Seemingly, every time the Bills had a big play, Thompson was the one who made it. He ended the day with a ridiculous 7.64 yards per route run, due to 107 yards on just 14 pass routes.

T Cordy Glenn, 85.6 overall grade

The Bills offensive line was able to control the Bucs defensive line with ease for the most part, as they only allowed six total pressures on 38 passing snaps. The best player on the line was Cordy Glenn as he was able to control the pass-rush and also help open holes for the Bills running backs.

LB Matt Milano, 88.3 overall grade

Milano found himself contributing in a variety of ways against Tampa Bay, all leading to a team-high overall grade. The rookie linebacker tallied two pressures (both hurries) to go with two defensive stops and a very impressive interception on a seam route where he hung with Cameron Brate step for step.

S Micah Hyde, 81.6 overall grade

Hyde tallied four tackles on the afternoon without missing one, the fifth consecutive week in which he has not missed a tackle (he missed one in Week 1). Hyde also had one pass breakup, his second of the season to go with his league-high four interceptions.

Not surprised by Milano's grade. He was comfortably the best linebacker on the field.

And Cordy looked healthy. And when he is healthy he is a borderline elite left tackle.

Going to be an interesting situation when Humber is healthy because I expect him to have his starting job back but no question Milano needs more reps, wonder if he can steal some from Alexander who is also terrible in coverage for the most part despite his great run defense and pass rushing ability.

Not surprised by Milano's grade. He was comfortably the best linebacker on the field.

And Cordy looked healthy. And when he is healthy he is a borderline elite left tackle.

Agree on both. Glenn is a noticeablee difference. Milano not only looked like he belonged, but he looked a lot bigger than his height weight numbers. He could be a decent player.

Going to be an interesting situation when Humber is healthy because I expect him to have his starting job back but no question Milano needs more reps, wonder if he can steal some from Alexander who is also terrible in coverage for the most part despite his great run defense and pass rushing ability.

Zo is a liability in coverage at the moment. Can only play coming forward.

Agree on both. Glenn is a noticeablee difference. Milano not only looked like he belonged, but he looked a lot bigger than his height weight numbers. He could be a decent player.

Not gonna lie I liked the Milano pick. Only saw him play 1 college game and would not say I evaluated him but you could just tell he was a fast, agile, modern linebacker. A good McDermott fit.

I'm more surprised by Mills grading. I can't hate on him today lol.

By and large the oline did their part today, but keep in mind coming into the game the Bucs dline was a not an area of strength in terms of sacks and QB pressures.

Next week it will be a different story as the Raiders are graded out as a top 10 defense by PFF despite some of their overall numbers which are misleading. Also Khalil Mack has the ability to single handedly dominate a game and I'm not warm and fuzzy thinking about him matchup up against this oline.

I talked to some contacts of mine in the scouting world and just like with Peterman, some feel that Milano was a potential diamond in the rough pick where he was drafted and probably should have went much higher.

Why Cheatriot fan, Why?

I hope Coach McDermott sees this and keeps Cordy as the starting left tackle

Glenn earned his money today but remember it was against the 31st ranked defense and Bucs are among the leagues worst in terms of sacks and QB pressures.

A step in the right direction though regardless should Glenn remain on this roster.

Its just amazing how for the most part this team just plugs and plays backups and they dont miss a beat...Milano has been very good the last 2 and a half games Edited by matter2003

PFF should evaluate McDermott.

I love the guy as a team leader but this defense is not running smoothly in critical situations.

1. 10 men on the field Atlanta game, last play.

2. single cover A. J. Green with no safety help in Cinci, give up easy TD. OJ Howard today as well.

3. Had to burn two timeouts in 2nd half from disorganized personnel, one offense and one defense late in the game where a timeout can be the whole game.

4. End of first half play call, just ridiculous.

Again, he seems to be an impressive person, and I know he's a rookie HC but this is not a tight ship by any means and he needs to clean it up.

PFF should evaluate McDermott.

I love the guy as a team leader but this defense is not running smoothly in critical situations.

1. 10 men on the field Atlanta game, last play.

2. single cover A. J. Green with no safety help in Cinci, give up easy TD. OJ Howard today as well.

3. Had to burn two timeouts in 2nd half from disorganized personnel, one offense and one defense late in the game where a timeout can be the whole game.

4. End of first half play call, just ridiculous.

Again, he seems to be an impressive person, and I know he's a rookie HC but this is not a tight ship by any means and he needs to clean it up.

The jury is still out on McD but have to cut him a little slack as a rookie head coach.

But I agree some his decisions are mind boggling at best, will catch up to this team if he don't start to coach like he preaches his players to play...smart.

Some rookie moves for McD. Although I did hear that one timeout was burned because Wood lost his shoe. The play call at the end of the half was inexcusable.

I will say I'm not mad about him trying Tre one on one with Green. They believe in him and he learned from the error.

Not according to the coach. THe coach has always said that everyone has to earn their job/position every day. There are no guarantees in life!

Milano can have all of Preston's reps..

Milano can have all of Preston's reps..

I'd rather he had all of Zo's and they used Zo just as a pass rushing down lineman. He is horrible in coverage and the busted play that left OJ Howard wide open was on him. He just gets lost because he is attracted to the ball and his only thought is "see ball get ball"..... he HAS to be smarter in that scenario.

The jury is still out on McD but have to cut him a little slack as a rookie head coach.

But I agree some his decisions are mind boggling at best, will catch up to this team if he don't start to coach like he preaches his players to play...smart.

Mc D is the first head coach in Buffalo to win his first 3 home games.