Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

Would appreciate if the moderators would post articles from other publications that do not require you to pay to read them. There are plenty of other sources for Bills related material besides the Buffalo News. I can't read 99% of the articles on the page because you have to subscribe in order to read them. If the Buffalo News wants to require a subscription to read their material, then that's fine, it's their newspaper and their right. I just would like to continue to read articles on Two Bills Drive without having to pay to do so. Anyone else feel the same way?

Yes, I agree.

I don't subscribe to the Buffalo News, and will not in the future. I don't mind having links for those who do, but I would love to see an effort made to link to free articles too.

Didn't you see the post indicating 50% of the linked articles on TBD today are free? :doh:

SDS -- keep doing exactly what you're doing. Hopefully these ingrates will just leave and it will clean up things a bit around here.

Thank you! I have never seen so much hand-wringing over $3 a month in my life. Damn, in 1978 when I was the paperboy for the Courier and making $12 bucks a week, I would not have sweated $3.00.

Good God people, if you don't like the layout of TBD, let SDS know with some suggestions on how you might re-design in the feedback forum and quit whining or just go the $#%# away.

This site is free

Why would anybody have a problem paying a nominal fee to read the Buffalo news? I'm actually surprised it took them so long to follow suit and stop posting their content for free like many other major newspapers did years ago.

Either way BN definitely worth the money to be able to read Jerry Sullivan, Vic Carucci, etc. They know the pulse of this team and have leveraged their sources for years to bring the most unbiased, tell it like it is take regarding the Bills, Sabres, etc.

Why would anybody have a problem paying a nominal fee to read the Buffalo news? I'm actually surprised it took them so long to follow suit and stop posting their content for free like many other major newspapers did years ago.

Either way BN definitely worth the money to be able to read Jerry Sullivan, Vic Carucci, etc. They know the pulse of this team and have leveraged their sources for years to bring the most unbiased, tell it like it is take regarding the Bills, Sabres, etc.

troll game is weak brother

Why? You are 10000% correct. Everything these people tweet ends up in an article they want you to pay for.

Tweets are free (for now)

because if you're not paying attention you don't see it. Also when 26 does it he tends to either add the tweet to a common thread or starts a new one if it's worth discussing.

I find myself in a good deal of his threads because of his following and posting to the board.

Filling a web page with a series of links that aren't accessible to the majority of its traffic is poor design, plane and simple.

Fans who don't live in Buffalo aren't going to subscribe to its local newspaper, so if they are going to pay wall links, they should be removed. There is plenty of bills pay-walled content that is not linked, so I can't see how this board can justify posting some pay walled links and not others. I'm also not subscribing to Buffalo news because I don't live in Buffalo, and they continue to employ an old angry white man who likes to sprinkle his articles with more than a tinge of racism.

Bills fans who grew up in Buffalo and no longer live there may subscribe

No need to stop linking to BN articles, but PLEASE mix them up a little with non-paywall sources. Please ALTERNATE the articles instead of just posting a full page of Buffalo News links with one little Rochester or Syracuse link somewhere at the end. As it is now, this site looks like it's first purpose is to steer people only to BN, and I've pretty much stopped using it except for the Stadium Wall (which is a great source of football business education for me)