Fairburn: Tyrod Taylor on the Verge of a Breakout Month?

Could Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor be on the verge of a breakout month?

@JonScottTV

"It's time for us as a team and time for me as a quarterback to separate from the pack." Tyrod Taylor's evaluation of self and #Bills O

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920678137851207685/pu/vid/1280x720/SNGsCfszxOyRFsNa.mp4

We understand that it's not been easy for Tyrod >with all the injuries to our wr's , OL and the running game issues ,

And still with all said I watched some of the plays where he clearly had WR's WIDE OPEN and not only he didn't make the throw but got sacked TWICE !!!!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former NFL QB and FOX Sports analyst Michael Vick joined the show to talk about his upcoming feature on Bills QB Tyrod Taylor.

QB Tyrod Taylor talks about what the offense worked on during the bye week and the matchup with Tampa Bay this weekend.

How could anyone have any confidence in Tyrod ?

He has not been able to even ONCE ( in 3 years ) put a drive together to win a game !!

Just this season he failed (miserably) TWICE already !!!

People ( on this board ) are being ridiculed when point to Tyrod not being able to throw for 300 yards , Well all I know is if he were able to throw for 250 yards against Cincy we WIN that game

Its nice reading a positive/optimistic piece about the Bills. Fairburns work is good stuff.

Hell, I havent read an article from Tim Graham or Sully in months, ever since the BN started charging for content.

At first I was mad about the prices increase, but now, it feels good to be rid of that crap and negativity. Im free.

THANK YOU BUFFALO NEWS!

He has not been able to even ONCE ( in 3 years ) put a drive together to win a game !!

People ( on this board ) are being ridiculed when point to Tyrod not being able to throw for 300 yards , Well all I know is if he were able to throw for 250 yards against Cincy we WIN that game

You might want to fact check before posting nonsense.

TBD WILL crash if that happens...

Love when people say crazy stuff prefaced with "I wouldn't be surprised." Really, you wouldn't be surprised if 1) TT is even traded and 2) if it's for a FIRST round pick!? That poster might be the only one...

If we could trade Tyrod for a 5th it would be earth shattering!

Its nice reading a positive/optimistic piece about the Bills. Fairburns work is good stuff.

Hell, I havent read an article from Tim Graham or Sully in months, ever since the BN started charging for content.

At first I was mad about the prices increase, but now, it feels good to be rid of that crap and negativity. Im free.

THANK YOU BUFFALO NEWS!

until it's posted on this board.

you don't say.

@JonScottTV

"It's time for us as a team and time for me as a quarterback to separate from the pack." Tyrod Taylor's evaluation of self and #Bills O

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920678137851207685/pu/vid/1280x720/SNGsCfszxOyRFsNa.mp4

yeah, our next 5 opponents rank 31, 29, 21, 11 and 12 in pass defense. call me pessimistic but i have absolutely no faith Tyrod will light up those first three opponents. could it be Peterman time after the third game if he doesn't?

We understand that it's not been easy for Tyrod >with all the injuries to our wr's , OL and the running game issues ,

And still with all said I watched some of the plays where he clearly had WR's WIDE OPEN and not only he didn't make the throw but got sacked TWICE !!!!!

that's easy, you can't see open receivers when you are starring one down.

i'd be blown away if this happens.

actually it would not surprise me and even thought about it the other day when I read they brought in matt simms for a workout. the greatest backwards passer in bills history, even if it was only preseason.

it would seem if they were going to deal him it would of already happened. 3 days before gameday, he's here.

sorry peterman.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrod ends up in Green Bay, for their first round pick.

@JonScottTV

That's FANTSTIC!!!

Have you seen his last game/last throw?

:cry:

Frankly, I'd rather we get back to the offense of the last couple of years ago. A successful run game, with Tyrod creating a few big plays through the air. He's never going to be a guy who is going to throw for big yardage on a regular basis, and we'll lose if we try to force the issue, no matter the defense.

I am very wary of the notion of Buffalo's schedule going forward becoming softer. Yes, I know Denver and Atlanta were considered to be elite going into the season, and all five teams Buffalo has faced are considered to have good to elite defenses, but sometimes the Bills have displayed a tendency to play to the level of their opponent.. I hope the Bills win this weekend and Tyrod does well, but. . . we'll see.

Anyone else notice on that PFF report that Tyrod ranks 32 in time to throw?

Yes at 3.13 seconds or something like that. Strange because NFL official stats rank him at 28th with 2.89 secs. Not much difference though.

Edited by Scott7975

https://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-10-18-matthews-bills-will-be-facing-lousy-defenses/

BILLS WILL BE FACING A PARADE OF LOUSY DEFENSES

"If you’re looking for a reason to believe these offensively-challenged Buffalo Bills might end their 17-year playoff drought this season, check out the defenses they’ll be facing the rest of the way.

"Here’s where Buffalo’s opponents in the 11 remaining regular-season games rank in the 32-team NFL on defense entering Week 7 (in chronological order) –

30th...23rd...25th...26th...18th...29th...32nd...31st...11th...32nd...11th.

The two 11ths are the two games against Miami and the two 32nds are the two games against New England. The Dolphins have by far the NFL’s worst offense (242.8 yards and 12.2 points per game) and the Patriots have by far the league’s worst defense (440.7 yards allowed per game – 31st-ranked Indianapolis is 410.0 ) and 30th-ranked 26.5 points allowed per game.

Maybe the resourceful Bills can keep their heads above water in the NFL’s current sea of mediocrity."

Edited by JM2009

If Green Bay offers a first round pick for Taylor, say yes and hang up the phone quickly so they don't change their mind.

Never going to happen, though.

I would jump for joy for a 3rd round pick for him.

Nobody is giving that in my opinion, remember nobody wanted him during that contract time

Huh?

During what contract time?

Taylor has never not been under contract with Buffalo since the offseason leading up to 2015.

Is that what you're talking about?

If so, no surprise considering he hadn't started a game at that point.

Otherwise, Tyrod Taylor has been under contract since then and inquiries from other teams directed at him and his agent would have been considered tampering.

That's a fact, Jack 0:)

I am not going to hold my breath, but please break out

agreed. I don't see much offensive production unless the zone read threat comes back. Clay was a big factor who is now gone with no one to replace him. defenses will go 8 in box to stuff the run and therefore kill Dennison's run- then- play -action-pass scheme. given no pass game threat, It's pretty easy to play defense with NFL calibre defensive talent. I see this thing going downhill pretty fast from a win/loss perspective. course I said that about the first 5 games too.... we shall see. Dennison has a big challenge -- he's pretty old school so I doubt this cat can change his stripes. Plus McBeanes are assessing/building their roster and straightening out the salary cap / draft position this year for the most part.. if not they would keep last year's WRs for example. Trust the process. 8-8 record, maybe.. Taylor playing with one hand tied behind his back.

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

If Green Bay offers a first round pick for Taylor, say yes and hang up the phone quickly so they don't change their mind.

Never going to happen, though.

I don't think going from Aaron Rodgers to Tyrod Taylor is what GB is looking for. We went from EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton to Tyrod Taylor and the team got worse, for Christ's sake. Even Blake Bortles throws more touchdowns than Tyrod.

Blake. Bortles.

I don't think going from Aaron Rodgers to Tyrod Taylor is what GB is looking for. We went from EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton to Tyrod Taylor and the team got worse, for Christ's sake. Even Blake Bortles throws more touchdowns than Tyrod.

Blake. Bortles.

8TDs to 6TDs. 6 games to 5 games. Also Bortles had half his TDs in the Ravens game disaster.

8TDs to 6TDs. 6 games to 5 games. Also Bortles had half his TDs in the Ravens game disaster.

Fact: Week 7 - Bortles has more TDs than Taylor.

Fact: Week 7- Bortles has 8 less sacks than Taylor.

Fact: Week 7 - Neither Bortles nor Taylor has a single rushing TD.