Fairburn: Tyrod Taylor on the Verge of a Breakout Month?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much hyperbole.

Taylor will be a starter in the NFL next year unless the rest of his year resembles the Carolina and Cincinnati games, which is highly unlikely.

I didn't use one adjective. How the !@#$ can there be hyperbole?

I really dont know what to expect but am hopeful......I really wish the haters would stop biulding in the excuse of "well the defenses he is about to face suck so I really dont care how well he does."

The team is 3-2 after facing some very good D with some pretty serious injuries to our offensive targets and our OL playing some shaky football. I know we all have our wants but the bottom line is you should want the bills to WIN

I really dont know what to expect but am hopeful......I really wish the haters would stop biulding in the excuse of "well the defenses he is about to face suck so I really dont care how well he does."

The team is 3-2 after facing some very good D with some pretty serious injuries to our offensive targets and our OL playing some shaky football. I know we all have our wants but the bottom line is you should want the bills to WIN

Oh, you know what to expect, John ...

A BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much hyperbole.

Taylor will be a starter in the NFL next year unless the rest of his year resembles the Carolina and Cincinnati games, which is highly unlikely.

I'd say we see at least 2 maybe 3 more lousy games from Taylor.

@ NE, @ KC and @ LA Chargers (west coast doldrums)

Of course we want the Bills to win John.

as to the haters -

Why people pay any attention to the 3 or 4 wingnut fanatics is beyond me.

I'd say we see at least 2 maybe 3 more lousy games from Taylor.

@ NE, @ KC and @ LA Chargers (west coast doldrums)

Of course we want the Bills to win John.

as to the haters -

Why people pay any attention to the 3 or 4 wingnut fanatics is beyond me.

Shady,

I honestly believe that you do want the bills to win.

As to the fanatic wingnuts....its one of those "who screams loudest" things I guess

I really like the WR they brought in that was with us previously....he is a speed guy and has familiarity with Tyrod....im hopeful our TE's can make up for some of Clay's production. If Glenn can stay healthy the OL will be improved.

hopeful.. why of course

but in the end you still have to show up against playoff caliber Defenses. You have to find away to beat the better teams and to not lose to the teams you're expected to beat just the same.

Its not all on TT because our WR core is inexperienced and our ground game is marginal....but if we are going to get to the playoffs and compete TT has to make it happen a little more consistently.

Edited by ddaryl

Shady,

I honestly believe that you do want the bills to win.

As to the fanatic wingnuts....its one of those "who screams loudest" things I guess

I really like the WR they brought in that was with us previously....he is a speed guy and has familiarity with Tyrod....im hopeful our TE's can make up for some of Clay's production. If Glenn can stay healthy the OL will be improved.

It's hard to "scream the loudest" when those people on ignore :o

Missing Clay hurts us, but I have confidence in Nick O'Leary and Zay can't be as bad as it seems he is.

I can see some ST play this week, I'm not so sure he's had enough time to learn the playbook.

Every season I predict 10-6 because that is how much I want to see them win.

Haha break out month, I'd like to see a breakout game, a month hahahahaha yeah sure. Can I have a hit of that. I wish him luck sure would be nice to see.

He's only needed 34 games to "warm up". Perfectly reasonable that just NOW he's going to suddenly know how to throw receivers open and be quicker from snap to throw so he doesn't take sacks. He just needed that BYE week in year 3 of his temporary stay here in Buffalo.

Dont be sucked in...,

Any given Sunday. I honestly believe the Browns could beat us if they hit on a couple big plays.

I dont care about rankings, numbers or this or that. When I see TT throw for 30 yds in a half or watch our run get stuffed etc. Bills defense has been stingy but our offense is still trying to figure it out.

All four of those teams can beat the Bills.

The reason they were Top 10 defenses was because they played the Bills and it helped their average

Partially true, but not the reason . You can't have a crap defense, and be top ten because of one opponent. The Bills count as 16-20% of those teams' rankings. And part of the reason why the Bills offense struggled at times is due to playing those defenses. Being weak at WR and blocking up front obviously doesn't help. And Taylor can do better.

How could anyone have any confidence in Tyrod ?

He has not been able to even ONCE ( in 3 years ) put a drive together to win a game

False

yeah, our next 5 opponents rank 31, 29, 21, 11 and 12 in pass defense. call me pessimistic but i have absolutely no faith Tyrod will light up those first three opponents. could it be Peterman time after the third game if he doesn't?

that's easy, you can't see open receivers when you are starring one down.

I don't think Taylor will "light it up" either, at least not passing. But the Bills should be able to run on those teams. Play-action should be there.

I don't expect "light it up" numbers from Taylor, and no one should. What I do expect is for him and the passing attack to capitalize and execute when called upon....efficiency!!!

I didn't use one adjective. How the !@#$ can there be hyperbole?

"Suck" is an adjective.

You said Taylor sucks.

That's hyperbole.

He doesn't suck, unless you just think any QB who hasn't proven himself to be an Elite or Franchise QB "sucks."

This highlights the failure of the run game thus far.

@NFLDrafter

Average yards to go on 3rd down by QB this year: DeShone Kizer: 9.3 Tyrod Taylor: 8.6 Jay Cutler: 8.0 Matt Stafford: 8.0 Carson Palmer: 7.7

Yeah, this sounds about right.

Dennison's playcalling is largely responsible for that.

It's hard to "scream the loudest" when those people on ignore :o

Missing Clay hurts us, but I have confidence in Nick O'Leary and Zay can't be as bad as it seems he is.

I can see some ST play this week, I'm not so sure he's had enough time to learn the playbook.

Every season I predict 10-6 because that is how much I want to see them win.

Logan Thomas is the key right now. he needs to put it together . Catch the pass and run like hell.

and get that zone blocking figured out. it is not a huge stretch from basketball

He's only needed 34 games to "warm up". Perfectly reasonable that just NOW he's going to suddenly know how to throw receivers open and be quicker from snap to throw so he doesn't take sacks. He just needed that BYE week in year 3 of his temporary stay here in Buffalo.

again.

simply

they are running a very different Offense than they were last year with all new receivers. and a bit less talented ones, so far. and last years kind of were in question. and now we can't run either

Dennison owns whatever is going on. or what isn't

Partially true, but not the reason . You can't have a crap defense, and be top ten because of one opponent. The Bills count as 16-20% of those teams' rankings. And part of the reason why the Bills offense struggled at times is due to playing those defenses. Being weak at WR and blocking up front obviously doesn't help. And Taylor can do better.

False

I don't think Taylor will "light it up" either, at least not passing. But the Bills should be able to run on those teams. Play-action should be there.

I don't expect "light it up" numbers from Taylor, and no one should. What I do expect is for him and the passing attack to capitalize and execute when called upon....efficiency!!!

I do love the term efficient. Seriously. if all 3 phases were all day long. we would be boring as hell winners

"Suck" is an adjective.

You said Taylor sucks.

That's hyperbole.

He doesn't suck, unless you just think any QB who hasn't proven himself to be an Elite or Franchise QB "sucks."

Yeah, this sounds about right.

Dennison's playcalling is largely responsible for that.

Suck is a verb, Watson.

Try again.