Fairburn: Tyrod Taylor on the Verge of a Breakout Month?

I see no correlation between that stat and successful QB play. It's also odd terminology, in that I expected it to factor in depth of throw in some regard.

I thought the same--Tyrod is actually middle of the pack in IAY, so perhaps a better name for what they're terming "aggressiveness" would be "COV%"--meant to represent throws that challenge tight coverage.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same--Tyrod is actually middle of the pack in IAY, so perhaps a better name for what they're terming "aggressiveness" would be "COV%"--meant to represent throws that challenge tight coverage.

And as that number rose, so would his INTs. So then we'd need a stat to figure out if it was worth him being more "aggressive."

I'm getting statted out.

@PFF

Ranking all 32 NFL offenses through Week 7

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offenses-after-week-7

19. Buffalo Bills

BEST-GRADED STARTER: QB Tyrod Taylor, 84.4 overall grade

WORST-GRADED: WR Zay Jones, 38.2 overall grade

RB LeSean McCoy got into the end zone for the first, and second, time in their Week 7 game against Tampa Bay as ‘Shady’ ran for two scores against a suspect Buccaneers defense. Aside from his game against Tampa, McCoy has been prone to short gains and limited yards after contact, averaging just 1.74 yards after contact per attempt, the second-lowest figure among running backs with at least 42 carries.

Don't be afraid to give Tyrod Taylor credit

Efficient, durable, fast ... Bills QB is better than you probably think

The Bills are 4-2 and favored to beat an Oakland team that last year went 12-4. In 2016 Raiders QB Derek Carr got some MVP talk. Why? He's decent, had an excellent supporting cast, and his team won almost every close game, beating most expectations for the season. That's pretty much enough for the MVP crowd.

I'm not here to push Tyrod Taylor for NFL MVP. His wide-receiver corps is on the other end of the spectrum. But he does deserve more credit than he gets.

How does 54 touchdowns to 14 interceptions sound? Because that's Taylor's record as Bills quarterback -- 44 TD passes, 10 rushing touchdowns, 14 picks. Taylor has rushed for 1,322 yards for an average of 5.6 yards per turn.