Fighting depression.....

outsidethebox

Thank you so much everyone! I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness. You all are truly special people. Thank you so much. I've decided to get some professional help through my Dr. I made an appointment today. I want to beat this. I really want to find happiness again. Thank you all so much.

Such good news.

And dude, I got an extra for the Raiders with your name it. Hammers, pork, wings, and most important Stromboli with Mead. You should def come and meet all us chuckleheads!

Thank you so much everyone! I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness. You all are truly special people. Thank you so much. I've decided to get some professional help through my Dr. I made an appointment today. I want to beat this. I really want to find happiness again. Thank you all so much.

Best wishes. Definitely a step in the right direction.

I lost my wife on valentines day 2014. Ever since then my life has been on a downword spiral. I've been used, abused and treated like crap. How do I plan for a future that seems so bleak? I feel so tired. Has any one ever beaten depression? I hope to some day but I don't know how.

I've been pretty open about dealing with depression/anxiety on here in the past.

Its an awful thing I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It sucks and you feel lost, hopeless, like a burden while at the same time knowing that it is an irrational thought.

Go to therapy, listen to your doctors and continue to challenge yourself. As other have mentioned, go outside, volunteer, go for a run, things you enjoy. The worst thing for me was sitting silently in my own thoughts. I don't let that happen anymore and it helps immensely.

Its a battle you fight everyday. Been working on it 8 years and its never gone, but you can learn to deal with it and in my case, I use it as motivation to never be complacent and always be striving to be a better person, friend, fiance, employee, human

Stay strong and always remember. It gets better

EDIT: I see you are going to a doctor now. That's Great to hear! Keep fighting and know you are not alone

Edited by Captain Hindsight

I've been pretty open about dealing with depression/anxiety on here in the past.

Its an awful thing I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It sucks and you feel lost, hopeless, like a burden while at the same time knowing that it is an irrational thought.

Go to therapy, listen to your doctors and continue to challenge yourself. As other have mentioned, go outside, volunteer, go for a run, things you enjoy. The worst thing for me was sitting silently in my own thoughts. I don't let that happen anymore and it helps immensely.

Its a battle you fight everyday. Been working on it 8 years and its never gone, but you can learn to deal with it and in my case, I use it as motivation to never be complacent and always be striving to be a better person, friend, fiance, employee, human

Stay strong and always remember. It gets better

EDIT: I see you are going to a doctor now. That's Great to hear! Keep fighting and know you are not alone

Glad you are doing well.

Thanks guys, I've been working out again. Lost over 30 lbs. A friend just passed away a couple days ago and really hit me hard. Just seems I'm losing everyone I love. I'm just taking it moment by moment and day by day.

Good job Westie! Working out helps...and talking. You're doing all the right things. Sorry for the loss of your friend recently. That's a tough one.

Thanks guys, I've been working out again. Lost over 30 lbs. A friend just passed away a couple days ago and really hit me hard. Just seems I'm losing everyone I love. I'm just taking it moment by moment and day by day.

Glad to hear that you are keeping positive, just remember, there is someone on this board 24/7, There is someone here to talk to should you need it. Stay upbeat, stay strong, look forward.

Edited by Guffalo

This is great news and the right thing to do without doubt.

Please chime in again and report on your progress.

Good luck!

We're here for you bud!

Reach out here or in PM if you ever need to talk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Westie...what you doing tomorrow around 10ish? Wanna come to the tailgate at Hammers lot and have some food and drink??

this is supposed to be a thread on how to fight depression. Not drive you to go buy the razor blades.

this is supposed to be a thread on how to fight depression. Not drive you to go buy the razor blades.

10ish and there are happy thoughts still flowing. But somebody better damn well get him outta there by 4:15 if things aren't going well.

Hang in there Westside!!!

I am not sure what to say. I wish I could say something to make the numbness all go away. You're in our thoughts, stay strong. You are very much needed in this world and serve a tremendous, important purpose!

A TON of good advice on here. You working out goes a long way to help alleviate depression. I tell my patients to start off their plan to recovery with 1 eat well 2 sleep well 3 exercise and 4 connect. Stay strong and understand your mind can be your biggest enemy as well as your biggest support.