Fighting depression.....

outsidethebox

I remember that well.

All I can say is that you can get better, and I believe that you will. As others have said, it takes strength to seek professional help. I have a close family member that's been battling depression for at least 15 years, and it's a constant battle.

But you can win; you will win.

Awesome how those that I consider "quality" people and posters are all over this thread. Great to see. The kind I want to meet up with and hang out with.

I've been battling my own demons for a while now. I go along with others in saying get a routine down, and try to get involved with "something" out there in your world. Sitting in your own brain-stew when it's not good is unhealthy.

Sometimes, the unknown happens at your low points and things begin to go up. This happened to me 3 weekends ago. I was apparently looking really bad in public and a random woman came up to me, and sat me down for 15 minutes to talk. We're friends now. She may have saved me.

We're all here to help if we can. Keep us posted as to what we can do.

I lost my wife on valentines day 2014. Ever since then my life has been on a downword spiral. I've been used, abused and treated like crap. How do I plan for a future that seems so bleak? I feel so tired. Has any one ever beaten depression? I hope to some day but I don't know how.

It takes a lot of courage to even discuss this personal issue. That in itself demonstrates strength and a willingness to deal with a tough issue. All the comments on this board have been smart and kind. That says something about the caliber of people that you attract. One advice that has been offered by Boyst62 should be very helpful. Incorporate some form of regular exercise into your routine even when you are feeling tired..Getting outside and walking is something to consider.

You stated that your wife's death was the pivotal event that deeply affected you. You might consider some getting into a grief therapy group. Sharing experiences with others who are going through the same trauma of losing a loved one might be beneficial.

It takes a lot of courage to even discuss this personal issue. That in itself demonstrates strength and a willingness to deal with a tough issue. All the comments on this board have been smart and kind. That says something about the caliber of people that you attract. One advice that has been offered by Boyst62 should be very helpful. Incorporate some form of regular exercise into your routine even when you are feeling tired..Getting outside and walking is something to consider.

You stated that your wife's death was the pivotal event that deeply affected you. You might consider some getting into a grief therapy group. Sharing experiences with others who are going through the same trauma of losing a loved one might be beneficial.

Had a good friend at work who lost his wife back in 2005 or 6. His kids finally talked him into a group therapy session. It really did help. After about 6 months his whole outlook changed. He has Never remarried. But does date off and on. He retired 4 years ago and does a lot of traveling to see friends that retired.

Nothing to add to the excellent advice you've already recieved except keep up the battle. A lot of people here are pulling for you.

Y'know...the next time I'm suicidally depressed, I could see all of you posting "A lot of people here are pulling for the gun..."

Thank you so much everyone! I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness. You all are truly special people. Thank you so much. I've decided to get some professional help through my Dr. I made an appointment today. I want to beat this. I really want to find happiness again. Thank you all so much.

Thank you so much everyone! I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness. You all are truly special people. Thank you so much. I've decided to get some professional help through my Dr. I made an appointment today. I want to beat this. I really want to find happiness again. Thank you all so much.

feel free to come here and join us as you progress through all of this. I really should see one myself and just never do want to do it

Well done! I know countless people who changed their lives by getting some help. Those people exist for a reason, and it can work wonders!!!

Glat to hear it. It's different for everyone, obviously...but the first step of actually calling the doctor is usually the hardest.

And remember: grief and depression are not the same thing. You're not giving up missing Mrs. Westside, you're just working to a point where you've integrated it and it's no longer a handicap.

Awesome news Westside! Please keep us updated on your progress or lack of progress. We all want to cheer you on!