Who did you believe was going to perform better: Watkins or

boyst

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think this far would be achieving their fair recognition?

• Watkins
    • Gilmore
  2. 2. Are you wrong on them, or give it more time?

• Yes, I was wrong
    • No, I want to give them more time and more cow bell

Watkins has been doing nothing, and gilmore didn't play this week.

Gilmore will be in NE next year - Watkins likely will not be in LA. They have a franchise tag, but at this point i don't think they'd use it. He's on pace for 40 catches for less than 600 yards and 5 TDs.

He'll make more money on the open market so I don't think he'd sign a mid-season extension. Jeffery and Pryor are the only other big names hitting free agency, so he's likely to get overpaid. I'm sure there will be some cuts/surprises, but everyone wants WRs and he's in that upper tier with regards to free agents.

For LA Donald will hold out again if they don't give him dareus money, and their best DB is a free agent. With woods, Kupp, austin, cooper already under contract - it might not make the most use of their abundance of cap space to tag a WR.

really, the Rams would have been much better trading a 4th for Matthews than Watkins. They likely didn't know they could get him, though.

The Eagles had been shopping Matthews around the league for a long time........no takers......finally threw him in to close the Darby deal.

They got almost nothing at all in return for him......Darby's value couldn't have been any higher than the 3rd rounder the Bills got.......... and the Eagles now have a dynamic offense without Matthews because the receivers that they have play to not-only what Wentz does best....but also what they want Wentz to do....which is push the ball downfield.

I will say it again........most teams want to be able to score quickly.......needing long drives to score is a recipe for failure in a league with such turnover and so little practice time.

Matthews has been productive and a great teammate/character guy.......so that paltry return speaks volumes to just how little interest teams have in a big slot receiver.

The Eagles had been shopping Matthews around the league for a long time........no takers......finally threw him in to close the Darby deal.

They got almost nothing at all in return for him......Darby's value couldn't have been any higher than the 3rd rounder the Bills got.......... and the Eagles now have a dynamic offense without Matthews because the receivers that they have play to not-only what Wentz does best....but also what they want Wentz to do....which is push the ball downfield.

I will say it again........most teams want to be able to score quickly.......needing long drives to score is a recipe for failure in a league with such turnover and so little practice time.

Matthews has been productive and a great teammate/character guy.......so that paltry return speaks volumes to just how little interest teams have in a big slot receiver.

it's amazing how Gronk fits the quick scoring offense prototype you speak of having. Unfortunately, he is slower and more cumbersome this year and I'd be surprised to see him miss less than 2 or 3 games just due to getting rest.

The big slot guys need to be replaced by tight ends like what Clay used to bring to the table or Jimmy Graham.

Unfortunately most of those guys go play basketball.

I thought Watkins was the more talented of the two, and still do, but would need more time to get accustomed to the offense and develop a rapport with Goff, who would be looking to the recievers he has played with before Sammy.

I never really liked Gilmore, but I assumed that BB knew something I didn't when he signed him, as he usually does. I could not have been more wrong there.

And Matthews isn't?

Nope. I'm not saying injuries don't happen. They do. Matthews is already on the mend. May play this week. Those two, Watkins more so than Gilmore, have a injury history. And the OP question had nothing to do with Matthews' durability. At least I was talking about the guys in the post.

I thought that they were both rated higher in the minds of some fans than what they truly were but thought that they'd both at least be playing decently, never did I expect them both to be playing this poorly.

So I was wrong.

Gilly, had more time in the BB system. Shocked but he may turn it around.

He will be OK. Anyone who follows him knows how it goes. He is just not worth lock down contract.

String of bad to avg games then a string of very good games. That is what he is.