Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

I think if people actually reread TT's entire interview (the original article); and then go read through the posts on this thread and this site in general, TT's comments about fans being bipolar and hateful are pretty accurate.

There are a dozen or so posters in this forum who do absolutely nothing but rip TT apart on a daily basis; no matter if there are 5 threads already open discussing the same nonsense, they'll open another just to perpetuate the nonsense. These posters make this site intolerable at times. As I speak, another thread was just created on Tyrod.

To continue that level of hate towards a single player takes energy. It takes dedication. It goes beyond just being a fan; it's almost personal. Why?

This is a fan base that ripped Jim Kelly a HOF QB when he struggled at times at the end of his career. Todd Collins came in spot duty and had a good game or two. The next game Jim struggled in, he was booed. There was actually a sign in the stands that said "Jim who?".

I'm not going to be angry at Tyrods comments but I do think it's a little stupid. It's not his race, it's his play.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fan base that ripped Jim Kelly a HOF QB when he struggled at times at the end of his career. Todd Collins came in spot duty and had a good game or two. The next game Jim struggled in, he was booed. There was actually a sign in the stands that said "Jim who?".

I'm not going to be angry at Tyrods comments but I do think it's a little stupid. It's not his race, it's his play.

Dude, you're such a racist! Just look at your nick on here. You can't even call it a quarter pounder with cheese! TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!

Its funny to see the responses to this (not me as my outlandish criticism is completely justified). Tyrod is actually 18-16 as a starter for the Bills. Let that sink in for a moment. A team that has had poor culture, rash of injuries to key players, no recent history of success and poor coaching under Rex and Tyrod is 2 games above .500. Yet you see all the comments that he is a crappy qb. Stop and think, if he were a crappy qb, his record would reflect that. But JP, Trent and Fitz were also criticized. Yes they were and rightfully so. JP was awful and was in fact a crappy qb. Trent started out well but was spooked once he got concussed and he saw ghosts in the pocket ever after. And Fitz was fun but committed way too many turnovers. Those guys could not win games for us. Taylor is better than each of them yet gets just as much criticism or more.

Again, Taylor deserves criticism just be reasonable. Too many posts go way overboard and use extreme exaggerations like he is not an NFL qb (look around the league over the past few years).

Good post. I'm not thrilled about his comments in any way; i'm not thrilled b/c I feel we don't need an article like this creating a distraction for the team in any way.

As to how TT feels personally, no one here is in a position to say he's "wrong" since you have walked a day in his shoes, from his childhood in Virginia until now.

Dude, you're such a racist! Just look at your nick on here. You can't even call it a quarter pounder with cheese! TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!

Haha, I love that movie, everytime I see a post from him brings it back. Royal with cheese, English do you speak it...haha

Good post. I'm not thrilled about his comments in any way; i'm not thrilled b/c I feel we don't need an article like this creating a distraction for the team in any way.

As to how TT feels personally, no one here is in a position to say he's "wrong" since you have walked a day in his shoes, from his childhood in Virginia until now.

I like TT as a person. I would let him babysit my son.

I guess the key race factor being discussed is 'mobility', but his 3.8 yards per rush and 18 sacks just do not scream 'mobility'.

I have been seeing 'indecisive', which has nothing to do with race.

He may still be capable of being mobile and I wish it would reappear, but it hasn't shown up this year.

Knock it off your comment doesn't help. What is pathetic is the people who are criticizing Tyrod the most are getting blasted because they want more from this team are now being called racist. Before he couldn't get it done because everyone else on the team was a fail, the OC after OC after OC wasn't good enough and now Tyrod is running out of fingers to point so now the race card is used, it's pathetic. SMH, the way I see it is it was uncalled for, I used to like Tyrod as the person but even that he is failing at now

who called you a racist?

taylor didn't.

see, I did not read in to as racist. I read in to it that a black QB feels he is under more pressure to perform then the white QB's because of his race. should he of said it. probably not, especially if he would of known how blown out of proportion it would become and that fans like you would use it to fit your agenda.

I think if people actually reread TT's entire interview (the original article); and then go read through the posts on this thread and this site in general, TT's comments about fans being bipolar and hateful are pretty accurate.

There are a dozen or so posters in this forum who do absolutely nothing but rip TT apart on a daily basis; no matter if there are 5 threads already open discussing the same nonsense, they'll open another just to perpetuate the nonsense. These posters make this site intolerable at times. As I speak, another thread was just created on Tyrod.

To continue that level of hate towards a single player takes energy. It takes dedication. It goes beyond just being a fan; it's almost personal. Why?

fact.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Your friend is a racist. Most of the people criticizing Tyrod arent.

I'm not saying Taylor is right in his beliefs... but how do you know that? You don't know hardly any of the people criticizing him. You may know a few friends that criticize him. You may even know a few people here personally. The sample size couldn't get much smaller for you to make that statement.

He had FOUR CHANCES and couldn't bring one home. He deserves to be ripped. FOUR CHANCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing the mythic proportions Flutie has taken on around here.

Having Reed, Moulds and Price to throw to--and in 1999, the #2 overall defense providing support--was a bit more help to Doug than what TT has to work with.

I didn't say he didn't have a great supporting cast. I also didn't say Flutie was great. He was fun to watch and as I said earlier... he found a way to win games. TT hasn't really done that. Its pretty undeniable.

who called you a racist?

taylor didn't.

see, I did not read in to as racist. I read in to it that a black QB feels he is under more pressure to perform then the white QB's because of his race. should he of said it. probably not, especially if he would of known how blown out of proportion it would become and that fans like you would use it to fit your agenda.

fact.

Nobody did. Still trying to find out how he got there.

who called you a racist?

taylor didn't.

see, I did not read in to as racist. I read in to it that a black QB feels he is under more pressure to preform then the white QB's because of his race. should he of said it. probably not, especially if he would of known how blown out of proportion it would become and that fans like you would use it to fit your agenda.

fact.

What he said was directed at a group of Buffalo fans.

Agenda? Come on man sorry I don't hold him up like this clique does, my opinion of him is I want better, never said he sucked always say he is just not good enough. The agenda I see the most is by a small little clique that goes out of their way to discredit anyone that has a different opinion of him and wants better from their starter here in Buffalo. They get called haters and now racist by the QB they want replaced. Intolerable in here when you are blasted because you want change and better, sadly we lost some good posters over it, how dare anyone want better for a team that now holds the longest playoff loser streak in all of sports.

Agenda? Come on man sorry I don't hold him up like this clique does, my opinion of him is I want better, never said he sucked always say he is just not good enough. The agenda I see the most is by a small little clique that goes out of their way to discredit anyone that has a different opinion of him and wants better from their starter here in Buffalo. They get called haters and now racist by the QB they want replaced. Intolerable in here when you are blasted because you want change and better, sadly we lost some good posters over it, how dare anyone want better for a team that now holds the longest playoff loser streak in all of sports.

Where?

The article I got the information from was made during the playoffs of last season. You can add to the record anything he did this year. Would it make you feel better if I took 2 seconds of work and changed the post to say 1-35?

It would make me feel better if you didnt insult anyones intelligence by drawing parallels between a top 5 qb in nfl history and a current bottom 5 starter in the league. Theres no reason to even mention the two in the same conversation

#Nope.

So a white QB with Taylor's arm, athleticism, character, production, experience in a pro-style system and the intelligence to both audible at the LOS AND make the line calls for VA Tech wouldn't get taken until the 6th round?

Look, I hate the overplay of racism.....I think there is often a reverse racism in play and that the anthem protests are preaching to the choir and racially divisive.

But Taylor was taken by a black GM in the 6th round that didn't need a QB because he was bpa BY A LOT.

And then there is Jake Locker.........lesser player in almost every respect.......taken in the first round.

Have we not already determined that Russell Wilson should have been a first round pick?

Taylor should have been taken in the early rounds as well......no question about it........and anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know the value of QB play or has an agenda.

Face it.......race was a big factor in his low pedigree........and his low pedigree has been a big factor in fans and analysts perception of him..........therefore race is a big factor in the double standard.

As for currently, there is a very vocal minority of racists at the stadium and calling in to radio shows etc..

It's MUCH smaller than it used to be........but based on talking to them and hearing them in the stadium I'd still put that vocal figure close to 10% of the white males in the stadium.

And even among that group I think it's more of a creeping feeling that having a black QB is a disadvantage than it is any kind of racial hate.

I'd say that figure is less here........but they exist for sure and that is part of the vocal Tyrod hate.

Without it.......he has less critics AND more vocal support.

The racial element bothers the much higher % of people who hate Taylor that are just football-dumb.............because they get lumped in with them as racists...........but unfortunately you guys have racism on your side on the anti-Taylor team.

wanting better for the team, your opinions on the player/game, all good. but again, you're failing to show me where he called bills fans a racist?

a link maybe?

I want to see in clear text or audio where tyrod taylor called bills fans racist. not something you're making up by putting it in to a context that you feel is racist toward bills fans.