Destination Cousins: Nine Places Kirk Could Play in 2018

As long as Dennison is here, it won't matter. He is terrible. He has a Rex Ryan mentality of shoving his "genius" scheme on players whom it does not fit.

Actually, Nate Geary shot this narrative down. Dennison really isn't doing a bad job. Its execution.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a good QB you have to pay for it. Would love to see him here but...

I'd rather see them draft a top prospect QB in 2018 and use that money on other positions on a team that needs a complete offensive rebuild.

No just suggesting they may be options. But realistically I don't see us landing Cousins because he'll either stay with Washington or go to a team willing to make him one of the top paid QB's in the NFL.

Still believe we draft a QB next year though anyway since that's obviously the new regime's plan so it's a moot point anyway.

I very much doubt the new regime has made up their collective minds about what they will do at QB in 2018, and that's OK. Too many unknowns at this point. We don't know: How Tyrod will finish out 2017 season, which QBs will be available in FA (including Cousins), where the Bills will draft, where other QB-needy teams will draft, how the 2018 QBs will play this fall, which draft-eligible QBs will enter the draft, etc. It's fine to speculate about these things now, but that all it is, and no one should pretend that OBD has made up their minds what they intend to do next year. Edited by mannc

If you want a good QB you have to pay for it. Would love to see him here but...

I'd rather see them draft a top prospect QB in 2018 and use that money on other positions on a team that needs a complete offensive rebuild.

Yes, but if we hire Cousins and don't trade the 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, we can load up on cheap offensive talent to put around him.

Yes, but if we hire Cousins and don't trade the 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, we can load up on cheap offensive talent to put around him.

I'm with this guy. Rebuild the Oline and get some help at WR, RB and TE in the draft = DONE

Edited by Real McCoy

I'm with this guy. Rebuild the Oline and get some help at WR, RB and TE in the draft = DONE

Agreed but still need to find a replacement for K.Williams and Daureus who will be good as gone next season.....

As long as Dennison is here, it won't matter. He is terrible. He has a Rex Ryan mentality of shoving his "genius" scheme on players whom it does not fit.

I was waiting for someone to belittle our current coaches by comparing them to Ryan.

Calling for a coaches head after 5 games and a winning record. Definitely Billsian.

wait, so we need a franchise QB ASAP, but only if he costs the right amount??? So if you have a mediocre starter at a value, is that better for you guys than making a franchise QB the highest paid player in the league? short of Joe Montana for veteran minimum money, what is it you want?

point being, if you are anti Tyrod, there are 12 or so QBs in the league you have to be willing to pay top dollar for regardless of what that does for your cap. If you are instead thinking of value, you have to at least consider Tyrod as a good option at his price tag. cant have it both ways...

In the alternative universe inhabited by many BB fans, the very best QBs in the NFL are more than willing to play for vet minimum to be Buffalo Bills so they can play behind a suspect OL and throw to one of the worst, if not the worst, WRs corps seen in the NFL since the merger.

In reality, Cousins isn't coming to Buffalo because he's not stupid enough to put his future in the hands of this incompetent organization when he can do much better. Then again, Cousins isn't coming to Buffalo because the Bills are either in incapable of or disinterested in giving any player the kind of contract a bonafide franchise QB commands.

They'll either go with Taylor and Peterman next year or they'll jettison Taylor, keep Peterman, and draft a QB in the first round. My guess is that they'll do the latter because a first round QB with no veteran starter ahead of him is going excite fans and convince them to renew or buy season tix.

Edited by SoTier

21-24. The "Franchise QB" is either the solution for winning or he's not. Can't have it both ways. Tossed a horrible pick that resulted in a loss and missing the playoffs. He's not "the guy"

Bad argument. During the period I referred to, 2015 and 2016, Cousins was 17-14-1, including a playoff appearance, with a highly disfunctional franchise and an awful defense.

Id rather have Josh Rosen for $5 million than Cousins for $25. Hes pretty good but not a game changer. That contract would kill your team.

I might agree with you if the Bills could draft Rosen with their first pick, but that's highly unlikely. So the real choice is probably Rosen at $5 million (but without all the draft picks it would cost to move up for him) v. Cousins at $25 million and six (or seven) selections in the top 100 of the draft.

As to whether Cousins is a "game changer" (I'm not really sure what that term means when you are talking about a QB), he's very good right now and he's entering the prime of his career. Can he single-handedly lead a lackluster team to the playoffs every year? No, he has not quite shown that kind of ability yet, but there really are only two guys in the league who have and neither of them is available.

Edited by mannc

That seems logical, but if SF has #1 overall pick, tough to shell out $70M Guaranteed( i think at least that) and +$30M/year when the top rated guy is there for the pickins.

OTOH, you spend for Cousins, trade down for beaucoup picks an really have an outstanding offseason.

Cousins wants to work with Shanahan again, so he might get that family discount in SF and trade down like you said. After 2 seasons of franchise tag money, i could see cousins take less money to play where he wants to. They def need to shore up that o line and im sure a top pick in the 1st could get them 2 solid o line rookies in the 1st round or even 2.

He'll easily be able to fetch $25M a year sort of contract with at least $60M guaranteed and it won't be just one team that will be looking for his services at that rate or higher but at least several and justifiably so. He's earned the right to be considered a top 8 QB in this league. He's a bonafide franchise QB.