Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

Brandon LeFell had 74 catches as a starter on the Pats. It's about the QB.

Brandon LeFell had 74 catches as a starter on the Pats. It's about the QB.

Sure. The greatest of all time throwing to him. Its about more than the QB. Its also about matchups. Teams had to worry about covering Gronk and Edelman. So they match a lesser receiver up with lesser talent on D. Who we got out there that Cinci was worried about once Clay went down? No one. It makes it easy to cover these grocery baggers. Lafell had 64 catches last year btw.

DIIF34iWAAAMxUq.jpg

Receivers even matter to Brady.

Edited by Scott7975

If genuinely building to win now, we are screwed, as we didn't do that well.

I say it's trying to stockpile 2018 resources while maintaining vet leadership in hopes of keeping some semblance of culture- once you lose the roster and have the stink of failure it's hard to rebound... the off-season felt like "say the right things but actually set the bar low, clear it comfortably and then add a bunch talent that will hopefully buy into your overachiever culture too"

No reasonable thinking person believes this team is built to win now. You and I and virtually everyone knows this.

Joe Banyard is an old RB........he is an example of one of the guys that they kept that has no real future in the NFL and he's not an "influencer".......he's not even active.

There are a number of players like this..........it doesn't really add up if the objective is "building for the future".

I think I get what they are doing...........but it's a little out of the box and they haven't perfectly executed it.......but it is definitely a lot different than what people expect..........what they expect simply isn't all that feasible.

The vacuum you are talking about is a limiting factor.........young guys they've jettisoned like the ones I mentioned and Jon Williams were being groomed to be starters and/or get significant snaps.

Less than ideal but adequate young players like Preston Brown, Jordan Matthews and EJ Gaines are all unrestricted free agents who you would think they would either want BETTER players at those positions or more available players.........so that could be more holes to patch.

Gonna' be a lotta' mixin' and matching yet in the next couple years.

I guess my point was you have to replace MG and JW somehow and only have so many picks.... so banyard is a placeholder vet.

I'm not saying right or wrong but I think that's at least a factor in play. It's easy to drop young guys and you can only backfill that with so many young guys in one offseason

Sure. The greatest of all time throwing to him. Its about more than the QB. Its also about matchups. Teams had to worry about covering Gronk and Edelman. So they match a lesser receiver up with lesser talent on D. Who we got out there that Cinci was worried about once Clay went down? No one. It makes it easy to cover these grocery baggers. Lafell had 64 catches last year btw.

DIIF34iWAAAMxUq.jpg

Receivers even matter to Brady.

Fair point, but if your QB stands in quicksand waiting for a receiver to have to be open by a yard before he throws you'd have to all-pros at each receiving spot to make a completion. In this case, it is about the QB. He simply cannot lead a receiver with any regularity.

It's the second oldest team in the NFL and probably the oldest roster they've fielded since the drought began.

They kept and doubled down on veteran players because they were trying to win NOW.............this was lost on some of you who thought they were tanking (and apparently still lost on you even as they face the likelihood of not being able to get up near the top of the draft even if they trade their entire draft to move up).

This roster has potential to get real young real quick though. This is likely Kyle's last season and I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the last season for Wood, Incognito and Alexander. Throw in a ton of draft picks and I'd bet our average age drops quite a bit. From this season to the start of the 2019 season.

Fair point, but if your QB stands in quicksand waiting for a receiver to have to be open by a yard before he throws you'd have to all-pros at each receiving spot to make a completion. In this case, it is about the QB. He simply cannot lead a receiver with any regularity.

I'm not saying Tyrod is great or anything. I'm saying he needs help to be effective and that receivers make a difference for even the best QB. Even more so for someone average like Taylor.

I feel that our receivers without clay and Mathews especially are a problem even if we had the goat.

I'm not saying Tyrod is great or anything. I'm saying he needs help to be effective and that receivers make a difference for even the best QB. Even more so for someone average like Taylor.

I feel that our receivers without clay and Mathews especially are a problem even if we had the goat.

It is what it is. But the Bills ran out of house money on the injury/talent excuse for missing the playoffs around 2006.

This roster has potential to get real young real quick though. This is likely Kyle's last season and I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the last season for Wood, Incognito and Alexander. Throw in a ton of draft picks and I'd bet our average age drops quite a bit. From this season to the start of the 2019 season.

Wood was just extended a few weeks ago.

We all know what TT can and can't do. Roman / Lynn knew it too. However if the Bills had a defense with Rex Ryan , the O was probably good enough to make the playoffs. That was supposed to be the formula for 2017. The problem is they fixed the defense that Rex screwed up, but ruined the offense. The way to play offense if Taylor is going to be the QB has already been established.

Taylor is "average" in a run-oriented (heavily read-option) offensive system.

He's very below average in a normal NFL offensive system.

Tough to argue against that. It's a perfect storm. TT just cannot make those around him better and those around him are not that good.

TMI man TMI

Christ, that's been used so many times, yet like Beavis and Butthead, I keep laughing at it.

We all know what TT can and can't do. Roman / Lynn knew it too. However if the Bills had a defense with Rex Ryan , the O was probably good enough to make the playoffs. That was supposed to be the formula for 2017. The problem is they fixed the defense that Rex screwed up, but ruined the offense. The way to play offense if Taylor is going to be the QB has already been established.

Which is why folks on this board are asking the Peterman question. Does TT give us a better chance at winning playing like he did in Cincy? I really don't know. That game was ours for the taking.

You are right about the drops because I guarantee you K Clay dropped more than one pass that was thrown his way this year. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has dropped every pass thrown his way this year with the exception of one. Gee, I wonder why Tyrod doesn't want to throw him the ball? It is amazing Tyrod would ever throw him the ball again.

I missed the Falcons game and was watching it last night. This dude (KC) can't track the football in the air. Hotrod threw him a long pass and he slowed up looking for it like it was going to he short and then at the last minute dove but couldn't reach it. If he had just kept running, it would have been in the right place to catch.

He did one similar later on. That one might have still been over thrown, but he slowed down looking for it. :(