Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

I think it's equally about the QB trusting his receivers to make catches, particularly for someone like Taylor who is very risk averse when throwing the ball.

The All-22 will be very interesting, because I have a feeling that these scrubs will be open on a number of occasions, and Taylor simply didn't trust them to make the play and catch the ball.

What makes them open on All 22? because they run away from the defender, or cut their route three yards short of the first down, go outside when the read is inside? Armchair All 22 is ridiculous

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....IMPOSSIBLE and flawed logic.......the TBD pundits tell me they "ALL suck"......cannot be one decent one in the whole lot, right?.....the inept passing game SOLELY rest on their shoulders....BUT...I'll ask a dumb question anyway because that's all I can muster......any idea how a WR who works his azz off off season, in minis, OTA's, pre-season etc. feels when game in and game out he runs his routes as designed to the best of his ability and rarely sees the ball when open because his QB never sees him in his limited progressions ability?......think an inkling of frustration may enter into the picture?....run your route as designed, hoping to see the ball and the best you can come up with is a wasp flying by your helmet?.....man I'd feel REAL satisfied........as much as I hope and want this Taylor kid to succeed, reads/progressions will forever be an impediment.....replace EVERY WR with a combination of FB's and TE's and pray 6 yard BOMBS keep you in the ball game.....

I bet you predicted Rudy was going to be a hero at Notre Dame before you saw the movie. Didn't you?

....yes sir.....I agree......and the expert pundits will remain STUCK here with resumes' in hand versus NOT being employed at OBD or among the other 31?.......how is it even REMOTELY possible that such a talent pool could be woefully ignored and neglected?....frittering away that much talent is unconscionable IMO...............

Hardcore fans and coaches are all very much alike.

EVERY coach I have ever met or played for BELIEVES THEIR SCHEME is the best thing since sliced bread... THEY ALL THINK they are Vince Lombardi

All fans deep down want to believe they are right. That the guy they say will be a stud becomes a stud and the guy they deem a dud becomes a dud. They all want to go back and say I told you so

Coaches and fans both have PRIDE... too much sometimes

Daikiel Shorts Relishing Role As WVU's Mr. Reliable

It earned Shorts his "Mr. Reliable" moniker, and the wideout embraced the compliment, then kept battling week in and out to better himself as a player, a teammate a leader.

The flashes of brilliance once displayed only fleetingly became increasingly more frequent over the last two seasons, when the senior has made a series of difficult, acrobatic catches, either over defenders, along the sidelines or in heavy traffic across the middle.

Shorts has taken wicked post-reception hits as well, but rarely does the ball pop loose.

"Daikiel has really developed his body and his mentality, he’s the toughest kid I’ve ever coached, and I mean it. He blocks his tail off, he’s unselfish and he cares and it means a lot.

6'1 was very surprised he is not on PS

Edited by ALF