Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

Your takes are awful. Bills are 3-2 with all of the wins against division leading teams. One loss is against the NFC leading team by 3 points. The other against a very solid team on the second of a back to back road game without their 2 best receiving targets. Maybe you think the Bills should be 5-0 but that is as outrageously ignorant as this post. You need to look around the league brah, settle down and see how this plays out.

You want to express your opinion and discuss the TOPIC.......that's fine.......all for it.

But I gotta' warn ya'.......my PIMP HAND IS STRONG on TSW, hoe........don't bring that weak non-directional sh*t........I'll cut ya' armpits and make you work a triple on the docks. FOCUS b*tch! :lol:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to express your opinion and discuss the TOPIC.......that's fine.......all for it.

But I gotta' warn ya'.......my PIMP HAND IS STRONG on TSW, hoe........don't bring that weak non-directional sh*t........I'll cut ya' armpits and make you work a triple on the docks. FOCUS b*tch! :lol:

:lol:

This is worst WR corps the Bills have EVER fielded.

Worst in the NFL right now.......that is bad enough.........but the worst EVER fielded by this woeful franchise.........that took some doing by McDermott/Beane.

Two games lost already because of the Watkins trade..........and the collateral damage is also becoming very significant.

A second and third round pick were dealt to acquire the pick to select Zay Jones............and this kid is SHOOK to the core........might be the fastest any Bills player has ever needed a "change of scenery".

The bottom line is that Drop Zone was not prepared to be a feature WR.........he should have been eased in as a big slot against nickel and dime corners not starting early in the season against boundary 1's and 2's.

Additionally........with no concerted effort to acquire even a serviceable NFL quality deep threat........the formula for offensive success has been diluted resulting in an unrecognizable swill.

The key stat for Bills RB's was yards before contact.......that room was created mostly by stretching the D vertically thru the combination of Taylor's athleticism and his ability to get the ball deep to good deep threats like Watkins, Goodwin and Hogan.

Without that.......the league's second highest paid RB Shady McCoy looks like garbage averaging 3.2 ypc and no rushing TD's nearly 1/3 of the way thru the season....... behind what is MOSTLY the same OL still trying to do a lot of the same things that worked before.

This is a developing offensive disaster for a VERY OLD TEAM that was built to win now..........and McDermott is not oblivious to it........the second question of his PC was "why didn't you do more for your WR corps before the season?" and he was on it like he has been thinking about it a WHOLE LOT. It was bad enough not getting a legit #2 wideout in the winter/spring.......but then trading your #1.......awful.

We MUST be 1-4 or 0-5... HAVE TO BE.. right?

I am confused.

No, not really... this is a lot of bull**** because even if we had better receivers, Tyrod is a MAJOR liability. Our core is our stellar defense and we build through the draft to improve our offense.

Don't like it? Ohh well. Suck it up,buttercup.

😂😂😂 Edited by Bills Pimpin'

You'd get my attention if you hung your hat on Woods and not Watkins.

What's it going to take for yah to realize something is going on with that kid?

Yikes. I prop up a lot of your stuff because it's exactly how I feel but this is Shady on radio territory.

Nothing wrong with Watkins.........he's playing with a young short-to-intermediate throwing QB who is afraid of #1 CB's and has no chemistry with Watkins........and the offense is the highest scoring in the NFL so he hasn't had a reason to change.

After that performance today........it may.

In 2015 the situation was similar between he and Tyrod.........but Harvin got hurt and the #2 and #3 WR matchups became less favorable......so they worked on it and when he started targeting Sammy they got results commensurate to targeting the league's very elite WR's.........because Sammy is VERY GOOD.

Your talk about me having bad takes is utter bullsh*t too..........I said in December 2015 right after McCoy tore his MCL that he could put up 5.5 ypc and score a ton of TD's in 2016 if he removed his head from his asss and did what was asked of him............you are hung up on my prediction prior to him extracting cranium from rectum.

Do you see me celebrating being right about him not being good thru term of his ORIGINAL Eagles contract........which ran thru this year?

My major issue was the UTTERLY UNNECESSARY extension and so far it's looking like he's going to have had 2 bad seasons in his first 3 and then there are 2 years LEFT. :doh: He's been AWFUL........3.2 ypc is beyond anemic.

But the bottom line is that he'd still be playing well if they hadn't mismanaged their WR corps. I was DEAD-ON about the connection between the vertical passing game and the success of this run attack. F*ck I wish I was wrong about this team but I was one of those "fools" who thought that this very veteran roster had a chance to win 10-11 games with Sammy returning healthy! :lol:

Yes, the wide receivers and TEs were decimated by injury, but still, do your job, plant your foot, step up and throw the ball, moreso on a drive you need to score a TD to win.

You can't get sacked with no time outs left, grow a pair and throw the ball.

Very disappointed in Zay Jones so far. Was expecting a very productive WR this season.

I am, too. I REALLY thought he was going to light it up. I watched his highlight real and this kid would go up and grab the ball out of the air. I thought he was going to be special. He might still, but right now he's playing like Clifford Franklin!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/a7/11/22a711f0b6eec8b39ef0b2f8186910ab.jpg

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

Jones dropped an incredibly easy pass at the Bengals 9 yard line, McCoy dropped a pass right in his freaking hands at the 1, Tate dropped one in the third quarter in the middle of the field at the Bengals 32 yard line, and Tate also had what was effectively a drop near the end of the first half when he failed to execute an easy foot drag that most legit starting WRs in the NFL can do in their sleep.

Nothing wrong with Watkins.........he's playing with a young short-to-intermediate throwing QB who is afraid of #1 CB's and has no chemistry with Watkins........and the offense is the highest scoring in the NFL so he hasn't had a reason to change.

After that performance today........it may.

In 2015 the situation was similar between he and Tyrod.........but Harvin got hurt and the #2 and #3 WR matchups became less favorable......so they worked on it and when he started targeting Sammy they got results commensurate to targeting the league's very elite WR's.........because Sammy is VERY GOOD.

Your talk about me having bad takes is utter bullsh*t too..........I said in December 2015 right after McCoy tore his MCL that he could put up 5.5 ypc and score a ton of TD's in 2016 if he removed his head from his asss and did what was asked of him............you are hung up on my prediction prior to him extracting cranium from rectum.

Do you see me celebrating being right about him not being good thru term of his ORIGINAL Eagles contract........which ran thru this year?

My major issue was the UTTERLY UNNECESSARY extension and so far it's looking like he's going to have had 2 bad seasons in his first 3 and then there are 2 years LEFT. :doh: He's been AWFUL........3.2 ypc is beyond anemic.

But the bottom line is that he'd still be playing well if they hadn't mismanaged their WR corps. I was DEAD-ON about the connection between the vertical passing game and the success of this run attack. F*ck I wish I was wrong about this team but I was one of those "fools" who thought that this very veteran roster had a chance to win 10-11 games with Sammy returning healthy! :lol:

I agree with you most of the time, but McCoy has decidedly not been awful. His performance right now is akin to Marshawn in 2009-10 - what looked like poor play really wasn't because no back in the league was being hit a higher rate behind the LOS than Lynch. Everyone thought Lynch was overrated and slow because of the ypc problems, but didn't factor in the context. The same is true for McCoy this year. Did you watch Dawkins try to run block yesterday? Or Vlad Ducasse on that third down and short play at midfield? McCoy has zero chance to succeed in this offense given the awfulness of the receiving corps (especially now that we're going to be without Clay for a while). In fact, McCoy has ripped off a number of big runs this season where he has flashed elite skills, but almost all of them have been called back because of holds.

Edited by dave mcbride

This is worst WR corps the Bills have EVER fielded.

Worst in the NFL right now.......that is bad enough.........but the worst EVER fielded by this woeful franchise.........that took some doing by McDermott/Beane.

Two games lost already because of the Watkins trade..........and the collateral damage is also becoming very significant.

A second and third round pick were dealt to acquire the pick to select Zay Jones............and this kid is SHOOK to the core........might be the fastest any Bills player has ever needed a "change of scenery".

The bottom line is that Drop Zone was not prepared to be a feature WR.........he should have been eased in as a big slot against nickel and dime corners not starting early in the season against boundary 1's and 2's.

Additionally........with no concerted effort to acquire even a serviceable NFL quality deep threat........the formula for offensive success has been diluted resulting in an unrecognizable swill.

The key stat for Bills RB's was yards before contact.......that room was created mostly by stretching the D vertically thru the combination of Taylor's athleticism and his ability to get the ball deep to good deep threats like Watkins, Goodwin and Hogan.

Without that.......the league's second highest paid RB Shady McCoy looks like garbage averaging 3.2 ypc and no rushing TD's nearly 1/3 of the way thru the season....... behind what is MOSTLY the same OL still trying to do a lot of the same things that worked before.

This is a developing offensive disaster for a VERY OLD TEAM that was built to win now..........and McDermott is not oblivious to it........the second question of his PC was "why didn't you do more for your WR corps before the season?" and he was on it like he has been thinking about it a WHOLE LOT. It was bad enough not getting a legit #2 wideout in the winter/spring.......but then trading your #1.......awful.

dropZone Jones. That's great.

How many airmailed throws and hold the ball sacks that would have extended drives. Quite a few

Don't leave us hanging. How many were there?

I agree they are a very weak unit. But it's also harder to gauge when the QB doesn't look to them very often.

And maybe he doesn't look to them because it's mostly a waste of time?

Zay has not been stellar but you can't put the blame on him.

He did catch the ball in the EZ albeit OOB because thats where the pass went.

He's "not been stellar' in the same way that Colin Brown was "not stellar" in place of Levitre at OG...............and Jordan Mills was "not stellar" at RT last year.

The chasm between stellar and awful is a canyon that you are trying to write off as a mere subtlety.

Edited by #BADOL

Disagree.

1. They didnt sign Boldin expecting him to retire.

2. Impossible to predict Matthews injury.

3. No one expected Jones to be THIS bad. Or else we wouldnt have traded UP for him.

4. Impossible to predict Clay injury.

Boldin, Mathews, Clay, Jones is serviceable for a team that doesnt focus on the pass.

Jones and a steaming pile of Poo behind him is not effective or serviceable for any kind offense.

And the 1 million pound gorilla in the room: our run offense has been completely destroyed this season with the new run block scheme and its been compounded by the dropoff in explosiveness from our WR group.

Matthews was injured when we traded for him. And Sammy was healthy, for the record.

As for Clay, if you think his knee injury was impossible to predict, you haven't been following this team very closely over the past few years. In fact, there were loud rumours that he was damaged goods when they initially signed him.

Jones dropped an incredibly easy pass at the Bengals 9 yard line, McCoy dropped a pass right in his freaking hands at the 1, Tate dropped one in the third quarter in the middle of the field at the Bengals 32 yard line, and Tate also had what was effectively a drop near the end of the first half when he failed to execute an easy foot drag that most legit starting WRs in the NFL can do in their sleep.

I agree with you most of the time, but McCoy has decidedly not been awful. His performance right now is akin to Marshawn in 2009-10 - what looked like poor play really wasn't because no back in the league was being hit a higher rate behind the LOS than Lynch. Everyone thought Lynch was overrated and slow because of the ypc problems, but didn't factor in the context. The same is true for McCoy this year. Did you watch Dawkins try to run block yesterday? McCoy has zero chance to succeed in this offense given the awfulness of the receiving corps (especially now that we're going to be without Clay for a while). In fact, McCoy has ripped off a number of big runs this season where he has flashed elite skills, but almost all of them have been called back because of holds.

As I said......."the bottom line is that he'd still be playing well if they hadn't mismanaged their WR corps".

Perhaps I should have used the word "producing" instead of the term "playing well".

We are in agreement on him needing yards before contact to be a high number and without the threat of the deep ball that isn't going to happen.

Clearly, the most out of touch this staff was on a group was the WR corps..........why they thought bringing in 3 slot receivers (Jones, Boldin, Matthews) and no legit vertical threat........EVEN IF THEY HAD KEPT SAMMY.........is difficult to comprehend because nothing in Tyrod's past should have suggested he would excel with a bunch of posession receivers.

He's actually been remarkably adaptive, IMO. Never thought he'd be completing 17 passes in a game to TE's and RB's.