SAL M: Bills WRs have no business being starters.

JM2009

First we need a QB. You can have AJ Green on your team but it won't do any good if the QB either doesn't throw or throws off target. We need a QB first then look at the WRs. It's one thing if the QB is putting the ball on the money time after time but it's not getting caught - then it's a WR issue. Fix the QB issue first, then look at the receivers.

Go Bills!!!!!

Are you saying that WRs dropping the football is NOT an issue right now?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are going to have serious competition with the Giants for WRs as they lost their top 4 receivers yesterday all either for the season or extended periods of time...no idea how their coach still has abjob they are 0-5 and dont look like they are going to get a win anytime soon

What do they need WRs for - they are 0-5?

Are you saying that WRs dropping the football is NOT an issue right now?

If they're only "dropping" balls thrown at their shoelaces or behind them or above their reach, I'm less concerned by them than getting them something better to catch.

Literally the worst WR corps in the NFL and now not even a bonafide starter at TE.

Inevitably the All 22 will have a play here and there where Taylor could have thrown the ball and the anTy guys will suck off the marrow of those plays as proof Taylor sucks without acknowledging the vast majority of other plays where they were covered.

These are the leeches latching onto one play on the final drive where Clay was open enough for Taylor to throw the ball but still had a defender on his back while ignoring the surprisingly large number of plays shown in the broadcast from the bird's eye view that show pretty clearly that our WRs just weren't getting separation.

It's gonna be a loooong 2 weeks. I just hope McDermott addresses the severe deficiencies in our offensive weaponry.

Please direct us to a highlight reel where TT accurately leads his receivers other than bombs.

I was watching multiple (though not most) QBs playing on SATURDAY who do this repeatedly. We have one on our bench who can do it most of the time.

The defense was the main reason the Bills didn't make the playoffs last season. 18-16 is above .500.

The defense was the problem, and the running game, not the passing, was the good part of the team.

And the bigger problem: they've accumulated picks, presumably with the intention of moving up to draft a QB. But the list of teams who need to draft a QB just keeps getting longer: add the Giants now, and (with the way Kizer is going) keep the Browns on the list too. So sooner or later one of those high picks will need to be used on a WR or TE, so it won't be around to get a QB. In other words ... the road is still a long one.

YES - which is why it is critical OBD figures out if Peterman can be the guy or not.

Edited by BobChalmers

okp66FD.gif

You cant be serious. It doesnt matter if a combo of Mike Vick, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and Tom Brady morphes into the ultimate qb and was throwing to Zay. If he doesnt catch the ball that hits his hands he cant get the 100 yards you are saying. Such terrible posting.

Dude had 158 catches last year now he can't catch ? Hot take !!

Just get TT off the field and the Wr's can rejoice.

I really hope he sets the NFL record for patting the ball & looking downfield.

10.4 seconds of mind numbing, ball-patting. Go for it TT. It is your destiny.

League leading ball patter.

Dude had 158 catches last year now he can't catch ? Hot take !!

Just get TT off the field and the Wr's can rejoice.

League leading ball patter.

This is the worst WR group in the NFL. Except for Matthews, who was out yesterday, they stink. Including Jones. College is gone. this is the NFL.

Here is how you fix that.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JM2009. View it anyway?

How else will you know that the defense was the problem the last 2 years? Or that we have the worst WR unit in the NFL? Or that Tyrod is 18-16 as a starter and thats not bad?

How else will you know that the defense was the problem the last 2 years? Or that we have the worst WR unit in the NFL? Or that Tyrod is 18-16 as a starter and thats not bad?

Well, now you know who Sal M is. And the bad WR corp is current, which is what you want to discuss, right? Current topics. Most important one with the offense.

Well, now you know who Sal M is.

Dude, what are you 14? You are still hung up on this Sal M thing? Let it go. I know who he is. I just dont care. I dont need him to validate what I already know.

And the bad WR corp is current, which is what you want to discuss, right? Current topics. Most important one with the offense.

Youre a sad little human.

I'm not sure they've got a WR who deserves to be on an NFL roster. Matthews when healthy is ok but after that they're terrible. Zay Jones looks to have the football sense of T.J. Graham.

I'm not a Taylor fan and would've rather seen him gone but he's got no chance with this group. He's been the same QB he was his previous two years. If they're moving on from him in the offseason and investing a 1st rd pick or more into a young guy they also need to use 2 of their top 4 picks on WR's.

I'm not sure they've got a WR who deserves to be on an NFL roster. Matthews when healthy is ok but after that they're terrible. Zay Jones looks to have the football sense of T.J. Graham.

I'm not a Taylor fan and would've rather seen him gone but he's got no chance with this group. He's been the same QB he was his previous two years. If they're moving on from him in the offseason and investing a 1st rd pick or more into a young guy they also need to use 2 of their top 4 picks on WR's.

I would imagine those 6 picks in the first 3 rounds will be used to upgrade the offense.

Matthews was going into this season as the Eagles #4. He became our #1 by default and then we lost him for a few games. Tyrod could be playing better but he's not the biggest problem on the offense right now IMO. He has no running game and receivers you couldn't even classify as JAGs because that would imply they're starter level. I still think 3 QBs in the league - Brady, Brees, and Brady - could make it work with this offense.

LOL 😂.

We get the pleasure of seeing what he posts when others quote him.

Sal M I have learned loves to complain about the Bills.

LOL .

We get the pleasure of seeing what he posts when others quote him.

You laugh, but I have you blocked too .Oh, i take a look here and there with all the people arguing with you, but it's the same agenda.

Excuse king produces more excuses.

Make it stop.

Good Wrs are very important. Even Rodgers , Brady and Brees need them. Anyone who calls the WR situation an excuse, doesn't understand what is going on.

Dude, what are you 14? You are still hung up on this Sal M thing? Let it go. I know who he is. I just dont care. I dont need him to validate what I already know.

Youre a sad little human.

some need others to do their thinking for them. they are afraid to do it for themselves because they don't know which end of a bottle is up.

some need others to do their thinking for them. they are afraid to do it for themselves because they don't know which end of a bottle is up.

Banarang agrees that the WR problem isn't an excuse. It's a real problem. Only a few like you, call it an excuse.

And wanting people to be fired from the newspaper, says a lot about you.

Banarang agrees that the WR problem isn't an excuse. It's a real problem. Only a few like you, call it an excuse.

the only way to know for reals, is to put Peterman in and see what he does with those same receivers.

but ya know.... throughout the last three seasons there has been one constant for the passing offense that has ranked near the bottom of the NFL. can you guess what that one common denominator is?

here they come, more excuses......

quick! duck!!

You laugh, but I have you blocked too .Oh, i take a look here and there with all the people arguing with you, but it's the same agenda.

Good Wrs are very important. Even Rodgers , Brady and Brees need them. Anyone who calls the WR situation an excuse, doesn't understand what is going on.

SO if Adams, Cobb and Jordy played for the Bills would they still be good?

We do need another WR as Zay is not cutting it right now.

the only way to know for reals, is to put Peterman in and see what he does with those same receivers.

but ya know.... throughout the last three seasons there has been one constant for the passing offense that has ranked near the bottom of the NFL. can you guess what that one common denominator is?

quick! duck!!

But, but our Offense was top 10.

Edited by Real McCoy

quick! duck!!

A strong running game with the fewest passes attempted and low turnover rate was successful in scoring. His numbers were good when he had Watkins and Woods on the field. Different scheme in 2017 has hurt the running game, and Sal M has said this is the worst group of Bills Wrs in their history. He's covered the team a long time. He knows. Without Matthews, they stink. Last two weeks TT did pretty well with Matthews and Clay. throwing a rookie in to what was on the field yesterday, and with the O line problems, wouldn't be fair to him.

Well we sucked with last year's receiving core as well. What's the common denominator?

Last years group was JUST as bad. Sammy was healthy for really one game, Woods wasn't himself either playing hurt almost the whole year. There were games we started guys off the street.

A strong running game with the fewest passes attempted and low turnover rate was successful in scoring. His numbers were good when he had Watkins and Woods on the field. Different scheme in 2017 has hurt the running game, and Sal M has said this is the worst group of Bills Wrs in their history. He's covered the team a long time. He knows. Without Matthews, they stink. Last two weeks TT did pretty well with Matthews and Clay. throwing a rookie in to what was on the field yesterday, and with the O line problems, wouldn't be fair to him.

Matthews, Maoriana... who else are your Gods?

your part pitbull aren't ya?

SO if Adams, Cobb and Jordy played for the Bills would they still be good?

But, but our Offense was top 10. Same BS excuses just go around and around.

If scoring doesn't matter, what does? Jordy Nelson is good. Green is good. Jones on Atlanta is good. period. We have no one close to that talent at WR. If the best QBs have these types of WRs, why is it an excuse for TT, who is far from their level, to have to produce with a bad group.

Faced with reality, you fold because of a twisted agenda towards one human being. hey, you were able to break free to post again. great. Funny how it wasn't possible after the two wins.

I see no media outlet calling our WR situation not a major problem. But the Foxx knows different. He just does.

I don't know anymore if I can hang with the idea of Tyrod continuing to play. He's so frustrating. Good one week. Bad the next. Yes his wr group is a joke but if I'm a betting guy I'd say we will definitely see Peterman play sometime this year....I think the coaching staff is just as curious as we are with NP?

Faced with reality, you fold because of a twisted agenda towards one human being. hey, you were able to break free to post again. great. Funny how it wasn't possible after the two wins.

I see no media outlet calling our WR situation not a major problem. But the Foxx knows different. He just does.

nah. i'm just not on the same team your on. you are on team Tyrod, no matter what. i am on team Buffalo Bills. i want more than, 'not terrible'. your content with that so it's good for you. i'm not content with that, i know we can do better than, 'not terrible'.

but hey, what do i know... 18-16 will probably win you the Superbowl.

Edited by Foxx

nah. i'm just not on the same team your on. you are on team Tyrod, no matter what. i am on team Buffalo Bills. i want more than, 'not terrible'. your content with that so it's good for you. i'm not content with that, i know we can do better than, 'not terrible'.

but hey, what do i know... 18-16 will probably win you the Superbowl.

Someone on team Buffalo Bills would have been excited over those two huge wins. Not lurking , waiting for the next loss to pounce. So the 18 wins were never enjoyable for you. A few on here have that same problem. Some one on team Buffalo Bills would be upset at how the WR situation has been handled this season.

If scoring doesn't matter, what does? Jordy Nelson is good. Green is good. Jones on Atlanta is good. period. We have no one close to that talent at WR. If the best QBs have these types of WRs, why is it an excuse for TT, who is far from their level, to have to produce with a bad group.

Mehh..

Don't mind me JM, I'm just bitter is all. We are going to waste a great D-unit this year due to our horrible Offensive unit. The loss to the Panthers was somewhat OK being outside the Conference. The loss to Cincy compounded with the Panthers just flat out sucks and is not excusable.

This is going to be a really, really long and hard year to stomach.

Edited by Real McCoy

Mehh..

Don't mind me JM, I'm just bitter is all. We are going to waste a great D-unit this year due to our horrible Offensive unit. The loss to the Panthers was somewhat OK being outside the Conference. The loss to Cincy compounded with the Panthers just flat out sucks.

This is going to be a really, really long and hard year to stomach.

It bothers me too, to have this defense wasted, if that does happen. The defense/ST units are playoff worthy. The offense is not. The only thing in our favor is a very weak AFC overall.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/10/08/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-week-5-no-passing-game/742725001/

"And they can’t throw it because guys such as Andre Holmes, Kaelin Clay, Zay Jones, and Brandon Tate have no business starting at wide receiver for the Bills, or any other team in the NFL with the possible exception of the Jets and Browns. It’s astounding how inept that foursome was Sunday, and has been all season.

“We didn’t make enough plays on offense, and I take full responsibility for that one,” said quarterback Tyrod Taylor. “We had a bunch of opportunities, left some plays out there on the field. Just a sour taste after this.”

Props to Taylor for shouldering the blame, and he is obviously part of the problem. His continued inability to make big throws in key spots hurts the Bills, but I’m not going to kill him for this game. He had no one to throw to. Time after time he would drop back — a season-high 43 times — and scan the field and no one was open. Seventeen of his 20 completions went to tight ends or backs, many of those on second or third reads."

As for Zay Jones, I'd like to put in some perspective some of the greatest WRs of our generation:

Jerry Rice - 16 games, 49 catches, 921 yards, averaged 57.9 yards/game, 3 TDs - with Joe Montana throwing to him and the late, great Bill Walsh

Terrell Owens - 16 games, 35 catches, 520 yards, 32.5 yards/game, 4 TDs

Randy Moss - 16 games, 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 82.1 yards/game, 17 TDs - with Culpepper throwing the ball to him

Isaac Bruce - 12 games, 21 catches, 272 yards, 22.7 yards/game, 3 TDs

Steve Smith - 10 games, 10 catches, 154 yards, 10.3 yards/game, 0 TDs

Larry Fitzgerald - 16 games, 58 catches, 780 yards, 48.8 yards/game, 8 TDs

Marvin Harrison - 16 games, 64 catches, 836 yards, 52.3 yards/game, 8 TDs

Reggie Wayne - 13 games, 27 catches, 345 yards, 26.5 yards/game, 0 TDs

Sterling Sharpe - 16 games, 55 catches, 791 yards, 49.44 yards/game, 1 TD

Looking at some of the greatest WRs of our time, it would seem premature to lump Zay Jones into the "can't start at WR" category....especially when you have Tyrod missing him on open routes and given his rookie status.

I would be shocked if anyone could name 2 of the 3 starting WR's on more than 10 of the teams in the NFL. Every NFL teams WR corp sucks except about 4. The Bills had a middle of the road receiving core before Clay and Matthews got injured. Now it is near the bottom just like any teams would be if the top 2 threats went down.

Well we sucked with last year's receiving core as well. What's the common denominator?

Tyrod's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods plays : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

The common denominator seems to be people saying nonsense because they don't have a real point to make.......

Here is how you fix that.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JM2009. View it anyway?

Greatest advice ever, did this a while back and it's like heaven called and said come get your 89 women and truck loads of beer.

Greatest advice ever, did this a while back and it's like heaven called and said come get your 89 women and truck loads of beer.

When you prove people wrong and also prove they have a crusade, what do you expect. This shady guy I have blocked as well because his name fits him well. The biggest problem this offense has right now is lack of quality WRs.

3,000 yards is not really that great of an accomplishment. In a 16 game season, that's 187.5 yards a game.

I'm not sure why that seems to be the mark of a good season.

Of course he didn't play in 16 games, though. Not that the average gets a ton better with 15 games, but you may as well look at the actual numbers and not fake ones.