Two feet on the ground

The Bills have played well all season and dare I say over achieved. With the injuries, place and timing of this weeks games this was the expected result.

Anyone that has gone off the rails over an offense falling flat with Zay Zay as their number 1 WR is bonkers. The Bills played hard again today, almost hard enough to win a game they had no buisness winning.

Heal up on the bye week and take down a shaky Bucs team.

I'm all in on this.

Yeah, losing today sucked, and Charles Clay's injury really sucks.

The Bills are 3-2, and it was not easy getting to this point, but they did.

Now we are at the bye week. Re-evaluate, heal up, and come out swinging against the Buccaneers.

Progress is being made, and there is alot of season to go.

One game at a time, folks.

We're 3-2. Half of the folks who are outraged with today's performance predicted 3 wins for the whole season. We can easily go 3-2 over the next 5 and have a shot at the end with the colts and Miami twice. The bye is coming at the perfect time.

The Bills have played well all season and dare I say over achieved. With the injuries, place and timing of this weeks games this was the expected result.

Anyone that has gone off the rails over an offense falling flat with Zay Zay as their number 1 WR is bonkers. The Bills played hard again today, almost hard enough to win a game they had no buisness winning.

But most of these injured guys won't be back after the bye week. Tampa looked as good as the Bengals to me.

Bucs are a tough game- but McD knows them well. It'll be a big statement for setting the tone. I'm curious how McD will manage the bye week. Lots of different philosophies out there and wonder if he will give the team lots of time/space or expect a high level of work

Yep.

They were outmatched today and still almost eeked out a victory. This year is going to be an absolute grind offensively and TT has going to have to play better than he did today to get us to the playoffs. The offense is depleted and the defense is going to have to continue to keep us in games.

I feel like there is this same thread every year. We beat a couple teams we aren't supposed to, then lose to a crap team (say what you want bungles were 1-4 entering today).

Then people say it's all good. Look what we have done. We beat (insert team name). Tyrod was OK. Trust the process. It was penalties. Bad luck. Could have, should have, would have. We are headed in the right direction. There will be easier defenses.

But I know deep down we aren't going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong, but sense that I am not. History repeats itself. We cannot overcome injuries and lack of depth. Same song and dance.

I feel like there is this same thread every year. We beat a couple teams we aren't supposed to, then lose to a crap team (say what you want bungles were 1-4 entering today).

Then people say it's all good. Look what we have done. We beat (insert team name). Tyrod was OK. Trust the process. It was penalties. Bad luck. Could have, should have, would have. We are headed in the right direction. There will be easier defenses.

But I know deep down we aren't going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong, but sense that I am not. History repeats itself. We cannot overcome injuries and lack of depth. Same song and dance.

This isn't a sunshine and rainbows thread. This is simply reaffirming that nothing changed today. The Bills played solid, disciplined football again. They are a few pieces short of being next level.

Still a much better watch than last year.

I'm all in still. But they need to make a move. MCDermott and TT can say all day they have faith in this group of WR, but we all know that is BS.

People have posted on here that they are worried about the lockerroom with a great defense and a bad offense.

Well everyone in that locker room knows these WRs are not legitimate NFL players. McDermott can say next man up all he wants but they need to make at least two significant personnel moves by Tuesday

Cincinnati was 1-3, but carry on.

We never said trust the process before this season. Thats new.

I'm all in still. But they need to make a move. MCDermott and TT can say all day they have faith in this group of WR, but we all know that is BS.

People have posted on here that they are worried about the lockerroom with a great defense and a bad offense.

Well everyone in that locker room knows these WRs are not legitimate NFL players. McDermott can say next man up all he wants but they need to make at least two significant personnel moves by Tuesday

What two or more significant moves would you make by Tuesday? Or give us an example of what you mean using player names in a hypothetical scenario.

Not sure there's anyone available at this point that's worth much. They gambled on Matthews' and Clay's health and got burned. No one left but cast-offs and rejects. Good luck trading for anything other than someone else's problem.

Agreed.

No one was calling for 3-2 at the bye.

All the teams outside the Chiefs in the AFC look pretty week.

I'm just going to be interested in what moves we make during the bye.