Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know who your talking to but Tyrod hasn't had one game this season that gave me enough confidence in him to take out NE. Level headed fans know Tyrod is what he is, not good enough. Tyrod plays like backup and he was drafted to be a backup.

Let's just be honest here, there is absolutely nothing that Taylor can do to impress you.

And who cares whether you have enough confidence and whether we can beat New England or not? Buffalo already beat two teams that are probably better than New England in the Falcons and the Broncos.

And we did it with Tyrod Taylor as our quarterback.

Let's just be honest here, there is absolutely nothing that Taylor can do to impress you.

And who cares whether you have enough confidence and whether we can beat New England or not? Buffalo already beat two teams that are probably better than New England in the Falcons and the Broncos.

Hes made his mind up about Tyrod and if we are being honest, the chances of Tyrod doing enough to change the minds of the critics is slim. It seems like a safe bet that we are going to get the usual inconsistent play from him for however much time he has left as our starter.

I've been saying this whole season that I want to see Tyrod improve each game. Even if it's not a win, I wanna see him improve and he's just not. He's the same as he was 2 years ago with a worse receiving core. If I'm McDermott, I give him the Bucs and raiders game and if he's the same old Tyrod, I move on to Peterman Edited by Steptide

Hes made his mind up about Tyrod and if we are being honest, the chances of Tyrod doing enough to change the minds of the critics is slim. It seems like a safe bet that we are going to get the usual inconsistent play from him for however much time he has left as our starter.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. But conflating this issue is a severe lack of offensive talent right now.

per Rodak

Tyrod Taylor's 63.6 passer rating in Sunday's loss to the Bengals was the third-lowest of his 34-game career as the Bills' starter. Taylor's two worse games came against Oakland and Arizona last season.

--------

That is not an improvement

--------

Lack of talent is at the QB position

I've been saying this whole season that I want to see Tyrod improve each game. Even if it's not a win, I wanna see him improve and he's just not. He's the same as he was 2 years ago with a worse receiving core. If I'm McDermott, I give him the Bucs and raiders game and if he's the same old Tyrod, I move on to Peterman

What do you mean "same old Tyrod?"

You're never going to see Taylor throw for 300 yards per game, but as I've said, if Taylor can be what he was vs the Jets, Broncos and Falcons consistently, that's a QB we consistently win with.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. But conflating this issue is a severe lack of offensive talent right now.

This is true. And if McD and Beane are just going to let it ride without actually trying to fix the issue then that probably tells you they are ready to move on from Tyrod as well.

per Rodak

Tyrod Taylor's 63.6 passer rating in Sunday's loss to the Bengals was the third-lowest of his 34-game career as the Bills' starter. Taylor's two worse games came against Oakland and Arizona last season.

--------

--------

Is this a joke? Are you trying to imply that trajectory always needs to be going up and that a QB isn't allowed bad games?

per Rodak

--------

--------

The lack of talent is everywhere on offense right now. You cant just expect to plug someone else in at QB and watch them flourish simply because they are not Tyrod. The reality is that this is offense is bad and its not just because of Tyrod. Edited by Bangarang

Theres really no other explanation for it in my opinion. You cant field a WR unit of Zay, Clay, Holmes and Tate and expect your QB and passing game to be productive.

I wish you were more vocal with this to those who call it an excuse.

We have zero wr's. An oline that's playing badly right now. An inconsistent risk adverse qb who plays great followed by poor games. Opposing defenses now easily scheme Shady. Unless we get some wide receivers back real soon and our oline improves drastically, we'll be lucky to score 16 points a game. And yes if this keeps up our defense will eventually get worn down and completely discouraged.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I've been saying this whole season that I want to see Tyrod improve each game. Even if it's not a win, I wanna see him improve and he's just not. He's the same as he was 2 years ago with a worse receiving core. If I'm McDermott, I give him the Bucs and raiders game and if he's the same old Tyrod, I move on to Peterman

Bye week is the perfect time to move on from taylor. In two plus years he has shown no inclination to improve, why should one more game make a difference? Two weeks for guys to heal up, go dumpster diving for WR help, call up Reilly and get him reps, get Jones a zen master, sen duckass back to Siberia, and oh yeah bench the QB. You only get one shot a year to fix what's broke.

The lack of talent is everywhere on offense right now. You cant just expect to plug someone else in at QB and watch them flourish simply because they are not Tyrod. The reality is that this is offense is bad and its not just because of Tyrod.

Reading these posts some people seem to think this which is totally off the mark......our bread/butter is the run game....how do you go from number 1 to moving quickly to dead last a year later....its not the QB causing this....just like our defence how we went from top 5 to bottom 5 in one year......its the scheme....fix the damn line and things will improve...

Where was the concern last season when the offense scored enough points and the defense was the problem?

The concern was, I canceled the Sunday ticket and only watched 3 games all season, all three losses and consider myself a saner human because of it💪

Rex and Rob WERE NOT taking us anywhere.

If the playoffs started today, Buffalo is the #2 seed :flirt:

If I were rich....., oh wait, that's just a pipe dream.

The concern was, I canceled the Sunday ticket and only watched 3 games all season, all three losses and consider myself a saner human because of it

Sounds like a quitter to me.

I don't and I'm not going to put the loss solely on TT...

I understand our WR looks weak right now and we are banged up but it's still the NFL ... everybody has talent

Seattle a few years ago was a bunch of undrafted no names... and their fans hated it at first.. they coached and developed talent.

Beane did make a move by trading for kaelin clay. He believes in him and obviously McDermott does.. A lot of people have written him off already but he actually does get open. All it takes is for TT to connect with him once for a big play and give him some confidence

Andre Holmes has been in the league for years . You don't make it in the league for years as a WR if you aren't good because younger and faster and cheaper is always better

Zay has crazy pedigree. People were hyping him up like crazy. Now people are split... he sucks or he has the rookie yips... he is coming from the AAC. He is gonna have a learning curve, especially with the speed aspect of the game

When Matthews comes back we will be good I believe

A lot of people have very hot takes. They are usually very one sided... we are pretty thin and inexperienced

BUT

I'd be willing to bet someone steps up and makes their name. It's the NFL and there are 100 guys who want to make that play and catch that TD. Someone is going to step up if they want to stay in the league

We don't pass much. We need our WRs to maximize their targets and make the big plays count

Edited by Buffalo716

The concern was, I canceled the Sunday ticket and only watched 3 games all season, all three losses and consider myself a saner human because of it

I really don't want to see this defense wasted.

Reading these posts some people seem to think this which is totally off the mark......our bread/butter is the run game....how do you go from number 1 to moving quickly to dead last a year later....its not the QB causing this....just like our defence how we went from top 5 to bottom 5 in one year......its the scheme....fix the damn line and things will improve...

Its reverserex. If it aint broke, break it. I like alot of what Mcdermott brings to the table but I just dont get why we needed to change the damn offense. Yes Tyrod is limited but there was zero need to change the run blocking scheme. Ruining the running game doesnt help your limited qb.

Edited by Billsmovinup

A quarterback who can anticipate and is not afraid to fire the ball and throw receivers open couldn't hurt.

Peterman would throw more picks, but he'd also make more plays.

As I read this thread I think many agree TT is not the answer.

Some believe McD and Beane have already decided to move on.

Putting in a guy who has shown SOME aptitude for the position above TT , who MAY be the future backup is not crazy.

It assumes that one considers the playoffs already a long shot. Even if you don't , is there anyone who seriously believes we make any hay if we get into the playoffs.

Breaking the drought but prolonging our mediocre future isn't desirable.

Giving the new guy starting reps serves many purposes which probably don't lead to instant gratification.

Id say its pretty obvious based on Petermans 54.4 completion percentage, 5.7 yards per attempt, and 75.6 qb rating in preseason. His one touchdown pass was also very impressive.

So Tyrods stats have to come with mountains of context about who he is throwing to but Petermans get taken at face value despite him playing with the same kind of receivers that we excuse Tyrod for? I too enjoy double standards

Edited by Bangarang

A quarterback who can anticipate and is not afraid to fire the ball and throw receivers open couldn't hurt.

Peterman would throw more picks, but he'd also make more plays.

I like Peterman but he would get demolished with our turnstile oline..IMO....but its inevitable if our oline is not improved than i can see him coming in off an injury to our current QB.....we shall see...

Its reverserex. If it aint broke, break it. I like alot of what Mcdermott brings to the table but I just dont get why we needed to change the damn offense. Yes Tyrod is limited but there was zero need to change the run blocking scheme. Ruining the running game doesnt help your limited qb.

Love that phrase....reverserex...lol.....nfl teams should use this in their playbooks in the future

Dude they have 1 AFC loss. I agree its bad if they manage to win 6-7 more games and it comes down to tie breakers. But even I can understand why a 3-2 club coming out at home after the bye week isnt replacing its starting QB.

But if the team is going to make that change, doesnt it make much more sense to do that during a Bye week?? Gives the QB and the supporting cast time to meld together that the team wont get at any other point in the season.

Peterman behind this O-Line would get Trent Edwards'd right now.

he would get smoked.....guy has potential why on earth would anyone want to throw him into this mess of an offence right now is my opinion...