McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott notes "competition" when asked if Cedric Thornton or Marcell Dareus will start at defensive tackle this Sunday in Cincinnati. Dareus' playing time could increase after an ankle injury limited him last week, but it seems the coaching staff wants to give Thornton a shot at taking that top role alongside Kyle Williams.

@kmart_BN

Talking about Marcell Dareus + the #Bills' DL pieces, Sean McDermott dropped a telling line: It's all about "who can get the job done.

Listening to McDermott talk about Marcell Dareus is... interesting.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott notes "competition" when asked if Cedric Thornton or Marcell Dareus will start at defensive tackle this Sunday in Cincinnati. Dareus' playing time could increase after an ankle injury limited him last week, but it seems the coaching staff wants to give Thornton a shot at taking that top role alongside Kyle Williams.

@kmart_BN

Talking about Marcell Dareus + the #Bills' DL pieces, Sean McDermott dropped a telling line: It's all about "who can get the job done.

Listening to McDermott talk about Marcell Dareus is... interesting.

This is just sad. What a waste. I don't see it happening but hopefully the light bulb goes on for MD soon.

If Tthorton beats out Darues any chance they trade him after the game? Parlay him into picks or picks and a wr? It seems Daures is the last guy to get on the "Bus". With his loads of potential I think Mcdermott is being more patient with him because of his massive deal as well. Could they find a trade partner mid-season? Would anyone take on that contract? I think if Thorton takes his job he needs to go.

If Tthorton beats out Darues any chance they trade him after the game? Parlay him into picks or picks and a wr? It seems Daures is the last guy to get on the "Bus". With his loads of potential I think Mcdermott is being more patient with him because of his massive deal as well. Could they find a trade partner mid-season? Would anyone take on that contract? I think if Thorton takes his job he needs to go.

No one will take that contract for a player perceived as lazy and doesn't want to play

It's too much of a cap hit for us and no team will take on that contract.

No one will take that contract for a player perceived as lazy and doesn't want to play

Idk coaches are all arrogant enough to think they are the guy that get him going. A team with some cap space and buffalo agrees to eat some of it I think it could get down. He is still a rare bird and one of the few DT's with the ability to pressure the passer.

Wouldn't matter if a team would take the contract. The Bills cannot afford the cap hit for trading him (the pro-rated cap hit for bonuses already paid out accelerate and count against the cap the season a player is traded instead of being amortized through the length of the contract.)