Beating Bengals would be more impressive than last two.

webtoe

As impressive as the last two wins have been, it is altogether different to go on the road against a familiar conference opponent as a slight favorite and pull out the victory. It was not too many years ago that the Bills went to Cincinnati 'on a roll' and got their ass handed to them.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment, but get this W and I will be fully on the bandwagon.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this is a big game. Could easily fall into one of those trap type games. Still not that scared of them. Maybe their defense but not their offense.

Agreed. Then again, in past years we lose the Falcons game on that last drive.

That's how I felt seeing the Falcons coming back down the field. I just said "here we go again. Same old story I've seen a million times." did not expect that stop

It's a statement game. This will tell a lot about the bills. They won two games everyone thought they would lose and are flying high.

If they can fill in on the injured players that they lost them I think it's going to be a win.

We know depth had always been an issue so let's see if the depth we have can handle the load.

Not a trap game.. but a tough game. Cinci is playing much better after firing their OC. We beat them at their place last season. Will be very hard to do again unless the Bills can muster more offense somehow. This is a game over the drought years that Buffalo would almost always lose. A chance to go 4-1 this would not end well. Maybe McDemott can pull out some magic here. Its been a special season so far

As impressive as the last two wins have been, it is altogether different to go on the road against a familiar conference opponent as a slight favorite and pull out the victory. It was not too many years ago that the Bills went to Cincinnati 'on a roll' and got their ass handed to them.

This is true.

Agreed. Then again, in past years we lose the Falcons game on that last drive.

This is true, too.

It would be a win on the road, something the Bills haven't done all that much of during the drought. Playing .500 ball ( or better) on the road is critical to a team's playoff chances. A win in CIN would be a good step in turning that trend around, and each AFC win helps reduce the importance of beating the Pats. To contend for the East , a split would likely be a minimum requirement but a wildcard will remain in reach if the Bills can notch AFC wins elsewhere.

Edited by Boatdrinks

From my perspective it certainly wouldn't be as impressive as beating the Falcons on the road but if we beat Cincinnati, which I believe will be a tough thing to do it would prove to me that we are for real and that we stand a better than 50/50 chance at reaching the Playoffs.

This is true.

This is true, too.

Is it? I think they lost a close game @CIN in 2011 ( a field goal comes to mind) . I'm not sure that qualifies as having their a$$ handed to them. Prior to that you might have to go back to the eighties to find a game where the Bills were beaten down at Cincinnati.

Seems easy looking from the outside in.

Control the run game make sure Mixon doesnt get his big breakout party to the nfl.. keep gio Bernard out of space, double aj green all day long since theres no Eifert?

Pound the ball down their throats, try and get their D flustered and heavily penalized.

Sounds easy right?