Beating Bengals would be more impressive than last two.

webtoe

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great observation. Im sure the Bills put alot of effort into preparing and playing these last two games. They have to be somewhat physically, emotionally, and mentally spent. Beating Cincy at home could possibly be the most impressive win to date if they pull it off. Not because Cincy is any sort of great team. But they have a very solid defense. Third in yards at the moment. And an offense that is more than capable. AJ Green has always been a thorn in the Bills side. Cinci really needs this game. 1-4 makes it very unlikely that theyll get to the playoffs. Could totally see Buffalo having a letdown this weekend. Most teams have games during the year where they are just flat. Good chance that happens to the Bills. Ill be really impressed if it doesnt and they win. Doesnt mean the season is over. The Bills could easily win three in a row coming back from the bye(cant believe I just said that). That would put us at 6-2 at the midpoint which would be great.

Edited by Billsmovinup

Didn't read the thread, just the title. It's not true. At Atlanta is the most impressive win this year. They are one of the top couple of teams in football and it was on the road too.

Think you need to put a little more thought into your response. OP makes a very valid point.

This is no gimme and actually I think the Bengals win decisively. Injuries are hitting and we scored 1 touchdown and had some real fortune on our side vs Atlanta.

Luck isn't sustainable.

Bengals have one win-over a bad Cleveland team. Dalton is over rated.

a team that is 1 and 3 could be very motivated.

2 of their losses are to the Green bay and Texans by a total of 7 points

I hope we want it more than them ... this is a character test ... if we pass then I'll buy the new Bills branding.

Beating the 1-3 Bengals is more impressive than beating a team that went to the SB last year? Yeah, not buying that.

No it's not but they have turn things around for sure.

They need to take this game as lightly as the past two, not at all.

Poor Las Vegas notwithstanding, this is a game the Bills should win. But they would have made the playoffs last year by taking the games they should win. They would have waltzed into the playoffs by winning those games and closing out some of the upsets which slipped just out of reach. Atlanta could have slipped away, but didn't. Now they need to take care of business.

Besides, 4&1 sounds so much better than 3&2....

Edited by grb

Huh? They have one win against the Browns. This is just classic Bills fan mentality, we're scared of our own shadows. We should beat the Bengals and it won't be that impressive if we do. A win any team thinking playoffs needs to have. I think it will be a low-scoring ugly kind of game but those are the games are team is built to win. We should be able to have our way with their offense.

Edited by HappyDays

Huh? They have one win against the Browns. This is just classic Bills fan mentality, we're scared of our own shadows. We should beat the Bengals and it won't be that impressive if we do. A win any team thinking playoffs needs to have. I think it will be a low-scoring ugly kind of game but those are the games are team is built to win. We should be able to have our way with their offense.

Exactly.

Think you need to put a little more thought into your response. OP makes a very valid point.

Cincy is the next game, so it's the most important game to us today. Kirby makes a better point, beating 3-0 Atlanta on the road is more "impressive" than beating the Bengals with their weak record. Want to talk about more "important", then we can argue about AFC vs NFC wins, because we've all been told how beating NFC teams hurts us. :) (Sarcasm, in case you've not been exposed to this line of thinking.)

Beating the 1-3 Bengals is more impressive than beating a team that went to the SB last year? Yeah, not buying that.

Yeah, I'm all for not taking the Bengals lightly but they're only win was against the Browns. Sure, they gave Green Bay a game for a half but we used to do that too. Don't overthink it. Take care of business Sunday

Besides, 4&1 sounds so much better than 3&2....

77% playoff odds at 4-1 versus 50%.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah, I'm all for not taking the Bengals lightly but they're only win was against the Browns. Sure, they gave Green Bay a game for a half but we used to do that too. Don't overthink it. Take care of business Sunday

That's all that counts!

Is it? I think they lost a close game @CIN in 2011 ( a field goal comes to mind) . I'm not sure that qualifies as having their a$$ handed to them. Prior to that you might have to go back to the eighties to find a game where the Bills were beaten down at Cincinnati.

That's what I thought as well, but I think he meant 2015. Taylor was out, Watkins went down, and Dalton was having a career year and the Bills defense couldn't stop them.

The 2011 game was ridiculously officiated. Bills got hosed badly by a tuck rule.

Not sure if that's sarcasm (my meter is off) but the best wins, are the best teams, on the road. Atlanta is good.

Its absolutely not sarcasm and I respect your opinion. Atlanta is a great team but for reasons I sighted above I think this could be a more impressive win than the Atlanta game.

As impressive as the last two wins have been, it is altogether different to go on the road against a familiar conference opponent as a slight favorite and pull out the victory. It was not too many years ago that the Bills went to Cincinnati 'on a roll' and got their ass handed to them.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment, but get this W and I will be fully on the bandwagon.

I agree with this. This game is a big test and the bills winning convincingly will tell me something.