LA Ratings for Dolphins-Saints > Chargers-Eagles game

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/chargers-fifth-watched-game-los-angeles-weekend.html

Now you gotta realize the London Dolphins game was at 6AM LA time. The ungodly hour.

And they can't fill the tiny soccer stadium either. Most games are filled by opposing teams' fans.

Chargers have the most pathetic marketing department. They got so many stars yet they can't market them properly.

In defense of the Rams they were there for like 30 plus years and did draw well until Georgia Frontiere took over and forced a move to Anahiem and then demanded a new stadium. Back then cities were not as willing to give money so she gutted the team and waited until a city came available which it did in St Louis. She proceeded to move the team there and the rest is history.

I do feel bad for St. Louis because they followed the NFL's policy to keep a team to the letter of the law and still got screwed. The Rams will do fine and if they keep winning I think they will see a good turnout. Plus once the new stadium hits it will be popular.

The Chargers... well I'm thrilled to see their demise and issues. Zero reason the team needed to move and Spanos had a temper tantrum so I love seeing him get embarrassed weekly. The Chargers played exactly one season in LA so they never were an LA team. The NFL really failed in not forcing the team to stay in SD and even forcing a sale to get better ownership. I really believe the Chargers will be moving it just is a question of where and do not doubt London, NFL says by 2022 they are ready for a team.

Edited by corta765

I predict the Rams will ultimately do fine. they seem to be on the right track and when the new stadium opens, it'll be a hot ticket. the Coliseum is terrible and in a bad area. the chargers are doomed. They should start scouting for a new city now.

I watched parts of the Chargers-Eagles game. There had to be a lot more Eagles fans than Chargers fans in the stadium because they were cheering whenever the Eagles made plays ... and booing whenever calls went against them ... to the point that the announcers mentioned it more than once.

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/chargers-fifth-watched-game-los-angeles-weekend.html

Now you gotta realize the London Dolphins game was at 6AM LA time. The ungodly hour.

And they can't fill the tiny soccer stadium either. Most games are filled by opposing teams' fans.

Chargers have the most pathetic marketing department. They got so many stars yet they can't market them properly.

That tiny soccer stadium will be full when the Bills play there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with the raiders in Vegas. It amazes me when you build a product as huge as the NFL, and then go moving teams to different cities. Like duh, part of the reason the NFL is so huge is because of where the teams play. Just because Los Angeles didn't have an NFL team, doesn't mean they needed one, let alone two

I do feel bad for St. Louis because they followed the NFL's policy to keep a team to the letter of the law and still got screwed. The Rams will do fine and if they keep winning I think they will see a good turnout. Plus once the new stadium hits it will be popular.

In taking the team from LA they signed a contract that they should not have - the contract guaranteed they would have a top rated stadium (top 5?) and with Jerry's World, the Cheaterma, University of Phoenix Stadium, etc there was no way the stadium could be upgraded to meet contract and they certainly were not going to do a Falcons and throw a working stadium and build a new one so they lost the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with the raiders in Vegas.

Raiders will do very well in Vegas. Raiders draw Latinos in incredibly large numbers, and Latinos are virtually the majority in Vegas. By the time you have corporate suites to entertain high rollers, it will sell out no matter how badly the team plays.

Edited by LABillzFan

Chargers game wasn't even on TV in L.A. The Raiders/Broncos were on. Only a matter of time before Chargers go back were they belong. Edited by purple haze