Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

Huge blow. And it was such a bad throw. I know I will get hammered for being anti-Taylor... that might have been his worst play of the game.

The playcall was a failure......Atlanta had it stuffed/jumped and I think Taylor saw it and threw it in a safer spot than the harmful area where the throw was originally intended to go.......a tip and interception there and the Bills certainly collapse and lose that game.

The receiving corps is atrocious and worse now with Matthews out.

The people calling out Tyrod for missing tiny Kaelin Clay 60 yards downfield while "elite" QB Matt Ryan missed a bunch of long throws by a mile is hilarious.

Another nice game from Tyrod.......and the second time this season that he's played a team with fast LB's that could take away his ability to make big plays in the run game.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge blow. And it was such a bad throw. I know I will get hammered for being anti-Taylor... that might have been his worst play of the game.

He had more than one bad throw today.

But so did Ryan.

And thankfully, today, the Bills' player was better.

The playcall was a failure......Atlanta had it stuffed/jumped and I think Taylor saw it and threw it in a safer spot than the harmful area where the throw was originally intended to go.......a tip and interception there and the Bills certainly collapse and lose that game.

I totally disagree.

Must be hard for a Tyrod hater to except a 9.0/ att game with no picks. EVERY QB makes throws EVERY game they'd like back. Your standards for Taylor are outrageous.

No. The throw Matthews got hurt on. Can you read?

He waw hurt in the 3rd down throw on the drive where we kicked a FG after 4th and goal at the 1.

I was looking at the poster above me who referenced the touchdown throw as the one you were talking about.

The receiving corps is atrocious and worse now with Matthews out.

The people calling out Tyrod for missing tiny Kaelin Clay 60 yards downfield while "elite" QB Matt Ryan missed a bunch of long throws by a mile is hilarious.

Another nice game from Tyrod.......and the second time this season that he's played a team with fast LB's that could take away his ability to make big plays in the run game.

I thought Tyrod was very good this game. He still doesn't get the credit for not turning the ball over. The bomb to clay was insane. He eludes rushers as if they don't even exist sometimes.

I totally disagree.

I was anticipating that playcall.......and the Falcons were too......you don't need the ALL-22 to see it......it's supposed to result in an easy dive-in TD and instead it was going to be a violent collision at the catch point.

I was anticipating that playcall.......and the Falcons were too......you don't need the ALL-22 to see it......it's supposed to result in an easy dive-in TD and instead it was going to be a violent collision at the catch point.

I hate that call though. Once in awhile okay. But they had guys getting open today. I think you throw to the endzone on that down and distance in this game.

Its a weird play call from the formation they were in to throw the ball inside, where all the guys are and hope he smashes through. They had McCoy on the same side as the play, so the safety was on that side of the play too. And even with a perfect pass the safety had that play read and was going to blow it up.

Edit: just rewatched it and even with a perfect pass the safety was going to light up Matthews.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

If Jordan is out an extended period, they might have to give up one of those picks for a WR.

They have to do a Sammy Watkins type trade for Landry or something.

I don't think they need to make a huge move but they need to bring in a credible vet if Matthews is out long term. Maybe a Brandon Marshall type.

Must be hard for a Tyrod hater to except a 9.0/ att game with no picks. EVERY QB makes throws EVERY game they'd like back. Your standards for Taylor are outrageous.

I am not a Tyrod hater. Behave yourself. He played a solid game today. That does not mean he doesn't have bad throws. He had a bad throw. Anyone following the game thread will also know I praised him for the previous 3rd down where he stayed patient in the pocket when in previous years I think he'd have ran.

I am very encouraged by his last 2 starts. That does not mean he never has a bad play and it is fair for someone to call a bas play a bad play.