Stephon Gilmore is Trending

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the offseason and even during the open game of the season (Patriots/Chiefs), the Bills were getting bashed for all the players the Patriots picked off our roster. Last night on WGR550, there were callers saying the plot to have New England take our bad players has worked.

Hot take, Gilmore has one interception and two passes defended in a New England romp of Tampa Bay.

Hot take? Winston throws the ball around like it's a hot potatoe, wouldn't surprised me if he chucked a few picks.

A hot take would read, Gilmore goes the entire game without any communication issues.

The Pats will get their defense fixed, and then that will be the story of the season - how they overcame their early defensive woes on their way to another division title etc. I almost think they enjoy setting up challenges to overcome, theyve gotten bored with just beating everyones a$$ every year.

Ugh theyre totally in my head. I hate them so much.

Not sure Dean.

I think a lot of it has to do with that he was a high draft pick during a regime that took power in the latter years of the current drought, claimed they were going to bring change, and never produced the results on the field.

The "he's always sucked" comments are rightly ignored; they have zero basis in fact; it's a purely emotional argument that cannot, in any way whatsoever, be supported by any real data.

As for yesterday, what a cluster NE's defense is looking like right now. I'm not a big Rodney Harrison fan (mostly because he's a proven cheater and nobody appears to care about that at all), but he's right when he says that there's clearly huge communication issues. I mean, just look at the Whittaker TD yesterday:

Gilmore is calling out a zone swap when McCaffrey goes in motion, McCourty looks to be calling for a man-pass to Gilmore (but he ends up following McCaffrey anyway), and Kyle Van Noy seems to think he's got the motion back in man coverage as well.

So I ask myself: how can 3 different guys think that 3 different things are going on in the same defense? Gilmore had a lousy game yesterday, but the above issues are systemic in nature.

Probably the most insightful post in several pages and getting no meaningful talk. Thanks for chiming in bandit.

Dudes not playing good ball. Is he the core issue or just a symptom of a bigger problem? Who knows. We don't know the calls or communication process. He's traditionally been a good NFL corner.

A few comments:

"I would literally pay a sack of potatoes $65 million to play CB before I pay Stephon Gilmore."

"Worst performances I've seen from a Patriot today. And he's on a 5 year, $65 MILLION deal . . ."

"Shoot Stephon Gilmore into the Sun"

Most comments would not make through the filter.

Thank you for sharing such tidbits of bile from the Patriots.

I derive pleasure from such.

Kudos to you Loyal Bills Fan !!

To be fair, that kicker is pretty good.

B-)

This is scrumptious.

a delicious choice of adjective.

This is my take, as well.

But there is something I don't quite get. Why all the Gilmore hate? I get reveling in his failure because he plays for the Pats*, but this seems to be something more. Was he a bad guy here? Did he shame the Bills on the way out? And I'm not even talking about the posts that say "He sucked from day one with the Bills" (or things of that nature), because I just write off those comments to stupidity. But there seems to be something that is driving real hate toward him, and I can't figure out what it is.

If it's just about the $$, then Bills fans should LOVE the fact he's getting it elsewhere (especially from the Pats*).

Fred Smerlas s#it all over Buffalo (the city), the Bills and their fans, yet everyone seemed to love him after he left (and to this day, it seems).

Maybe it is just a day for Gloating all around ? How often do Bills fans get a bigger slice of the pie than the Patriots?

Not very.

I have no hate on unhappy. He seems stoned, which makes sense if he has communication issues and or memory lapses. Peaceful yoga hippy type who is now rather rich.

and was overrated too long in Buffalo.

Sound decision to move on from him

Hot take? Winston throws the ball around like it's a hot potatoe, wouldn't surprised me if he chucked a few picks.

A hot take would read, Gilmore goes the entire game without any communication issues.

Dan Quayle?

Maybe it is just a day for Gloating all around ? How often do Bills fans get a bigger slice of the pie than the Patriots?

Not very.

I have no hate on unhappy. He seems stoned, which makes sense if he has communication issues and or memory lapses. Peaceful yoga hippy type who is now rather rich.

and was overrated too long in Buffalo.

Sound decision to move on from him

I think thebandit's response, and yours, probably make the most sense. I'm not making excuses for Gilmore, or suggesting he doesn't have issues. But I certainly don't remember him being a "bad guy" in Buffalo.

But keep in mind, for those gloating and extremely high on T. White (as I am, as well), Gilmore had a pretty damn good rookie year, too. Come to think of it, so did Donte Whitner. (Now, I understand why fans were down on him, when he left the Bills, because he acted totally classless.)

I guess I'm far more interested in celebrating our early success (though we know how that can turn), than spending any effort bashing former Bills players.