Tre White named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month

CWink07

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tre Bien!

So we let Gilmore go, the Pats signed him for an ungodly amount, and we replaced him with Tre.

That trade with KC is looking better and better even if they are winning.

A tweeter named Walt Patulski who is not Walt Patulski just made a good point. Said in late August we gave up our second starting CB. In late September we still haven't given up a TD pass.

That will likely end this week but Tre and Gaines have been terrific. Against the run too.

Awesome. Congrats to the kid!

He's played very well, especially for a rookie.

Maybe the best part is that he also seems to be a great person and total team first guy who seems to have fully bought in here.

When you can combine those types of traits with also being a great player on the field, you could have something special...

Plus, my hope is that these types of high character guys will be more likely to want to stay in Buffalo when it comes time for their next contract, instead of wanting to run for the spotlight (like Gilmore and other "me first" players we've had over the years)

Scotty law incoming to tell you Bill Belichick knows better than you in 3....2.....1.....

1) so Belichick doesnt know more about football than most internet posters?

2). This is awesome and hes really impressed me. Seems like a great dude too.

But if Mahomes or Watson turn into legit franchise qbs and we struggle to find one, its not a good trade. No one would trade a cb for a franchise qb.

3) we still let a good player walk and create another hole that we had to use a high resource on. Constantly making holes and then using 1st round picks to fill them, keeps you spending bing your wheels.

That said, its a great honor for him but it will take more than 3 games to fully evaluate the trade.

It should be noted that CB is one of the toughest positions to come in and succeed as a rookie.

I disagree with this. I believe corner is the hardest physically challenging position to play. But if you have the physical skills, you can succeed right away. Especially in a zone system where you arent asked to be on an island every play.

This is so unfreaking believable I do not know what to say.

7 as in SEVEN! passes defensed in 3 games. WTF.

All pros at DB have great year if they defense 12 to 15 in a complete season. Just wow Tre. No one can keep up that pace. Can they??????

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/passes-defended/2016/

Edited by cba fan

This is so unfreaking believable I do not know what to say.

7 as in SEVEN! passes defensed in 3 games. WTF.

All pros at DB have great year if they defense 12 to 15 in a complete season. Just wow Tre. No one can keep up that pace. Can they??????

part of it might be that teams tend to target rookies a lot. Once he shows he can play, teams will start not looking his way as much and the #s like that go down

1) so Belichick doesnt know more about football than most internet posters?

2). This is awesome and hes really impressed me. Seems like a great dude too.

But if Mahomes or Watson turn into legit franchise qbs and we struggle to find one, its not a good trade. No one would trade a cb for a franchise qb.

3) we still let a good player walk and create another hole that we had to use a high resource on. Constantly making holes and then using 1st round picks to fill them, keeps you spending bing your wheels.

That said, its a great honor for him but it will take more than 3 games to fully evaluate the trade.

I disagree with this. I believe corner is the hardest physically challenging position to play. But if you have the physical skills, you can succeed right away. Especially in a zone system where you arent asked to be on an island every play.

1) My comment had little to do with Belchick's prowess signing players. It was more that the Bills didn't need to massively overspend to keep Gilmore. But Belichick is not infallible.

2) Still a long way to go before those guys prove anything. And the Bills could very well end up picking a better prospect in next year's draft.

3) You also can't devote huge dollars to a player who arguably isn't worth it.

@rapsheet

In April, the #Bills traded back from No. 10, picked up a 1st round pick, and took Tre'Davious White who just won AFC D Rookie of the Month

McDermott has been on a tear with the decisions he's been involved with! Poyer, Hyde, Tre, Gaines, Matthews and all those draft picks for 2018.

Who in their right mind could not be on board with this? :thumbsup: