I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again he played well. That is not the point. He holds on to the ball and doesn't make mistakes.

The "point" is that he didn't hold the ball on Sunday. He got it out faster, much faster. The eye test showed that and the numbers back it up. We need to see him do that more consistently, I am the first to say that. But it was an improvement.

Again the issue is not TT, it is the decision that the team made to get worse in the short term and hope to hit on draft picks.

In particular they took away TT's best receiver from a team that is woeful when it comes to throwing the ball that I blame solely on the OC and game planning.

I want to see TT succeed and want to see the offense be successful. The fact that the team and fans seem so excited about 220 yards passing depresses me. I want to see 300 yards, which TT has NEVER DONE IN REGULATION.......

I know everyone is excited about the D, but let's see how they perform this weekend and conversely how the Offense reacts.

BTW Atlanta does not have a great defense.

Wow, another top 10 stat, at least.

Well we constantly hear, "he shows signs but we want to see it more consistently." It hasn't been "every so often" he has played well dating back to late last year. Why are we so opposed to chalking it up to genuine improvement? Is it impossible that a guy gets better after 25 starts? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Well we constantly hear, "he shows signs but we want to see it more consistently." It hasn't been "every so often" he has played well dating back to late last year. Why are we so opposed t chalking it up to genuine improvement? Is it impossible that a guy gets better after 25 starts?

Maybe he's a top 6 QB and no one will come out and say it.

Maybe he's a top 6 QB and no one will come out and say it.

Maybe your little snippets are a weak attempt at trolling.

:lol: :lol:

Wheres the DC Tom bot when ya need him?

We won. And idc if we had 213 yds passing. We won, no turnovers, no injuries, on to ATL.

That's not enough for the agenda people.

I'm the same way.. Not a fan at all. He has 2/3 games like this a season and people overreact.

SMH

And ready for a ticker tape parade for the Offense?

Please can we see a 300 yard passing game and a win, which every NFL team but the Bills seem capable of?

Repeat after me: Passing yards are not correlated to winning in the NFL.

Got that?

Let's have it again: Passing yards are not correlated to winning in the NFL

Don't believe me?

Go and look at the teams with the top 10 passing yards after 3 games this season. You'll find the Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, and you'll also find the 0-3 LA Chargers and the 0-3 NY Giants, then a bunch of teams in between.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

His QB rating in his last 6 games is like 109. It would rank him right between Rodgers and Brees. It might be time to stop acting like these are mirages and there might be actual improvement?

this again???? :wallbash::wallbash:

:D:beer:

Got that?

Please add

Rushing yards are not correlated to winning in the NFL.

Points on the board win games. everything else is meaningless so it seems.

Got that?

Don't believe me?

Go and look at the teams with the top 10 passing yards after 3 games this season. You'll find the Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, and you'll also find the 0-3 LA Chargers and the 0-3 NY Giants, then a bunch of teams in between.

i really don't know how many times i have to say this TEN QUARTERBACKS THREW FOR OVER 300 YARDS ON SUNDAY, SIX LOST!

Again the issue is not TT, it is the decision that the team made to get worse in the short term and hope to hit on draft picks.

In particular they took away TT's best receiver from a team that is woeful when it comes to throwing the ball that I blame solely on the OC and game planning.

I want to see TT succeed and want to see the offense be successful. The fact that the team and fans seem so excited about 220 yards passing depresses me. I want to see 300 yards, which TT has NEVER DONE IN REGULATION.......

I know everyone is excited about the D, but let's see how they perform this weekend and conversely how the Offense reacts.

BTW Atlanta does not have a great defense.

I get excited about wins.

this again???? :wallbash::wallbash:

:D:beer:

Please add

Rushing yards are not correlated to winning in the NFL.

Points on the board win games. everything else is meaningless so it seems.

Except that part of that's not true: the last time I ran the stats, rushing yards ARE correlated to winning in the NFL. You can't see it as clearly yet this season, but overall it's true

Simplistically, the reason for this is straightforward if you think about it a minute: when teams are ahead, if they can rush well enough to achieve 1st downs, that's a low-risk way of eating up the clock.

On the other hand, when teams are behind, they're pretty much forced to pass to try to catch up.

What worries me about the Bills offense right now isn't Taylor's lack of passing yards, but their ineffectiveness at establishing a running game. Last year, teams could stack the box and try to shut down the run, and they usually couldn't.

PS I haven't done as much recently, but to many of the old timers here I'm well known as a stats geek. If I use a stats word like "correlated" I usually know WTF I'm talking about.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan