Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

I think the Bills should embrace their past as a way of purging the stank from OP. Invite Maybin back to paint a huge mural on the exterior of New Era.

This seems more likely, and inspirational than any tribute to Orton's mediocrity.

If Orton is put on the Wall of Fame, then I think the rubber matt that did in Kevin Kolb should be tacked up there, as well.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

After seeing Peterman's performance last Sunday, do we revive the conversation about Orton on the wall of fame? Does the best quarterback of the drought era deserve a spot?

Lets bring him in again i say!  

On 9/27/2017 at 8:44 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

"* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years."

That's the standard now to get up there? That feels like an insult to those others who are up there and makes the Bills look very little-league (like giving Terrell Owens a key to the city lol)

Edited by BigDingus

On 9/27/2017 at 9:44 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

So you want to put someone on the wall of fame who played how many games in total for the Bills?  And because he *almost" made it to the post season?  

W O W