Broncos dared Taylor to beat them through the air- so he did

YoloinOhio

As I said postgame........the Bills literally were running into 8 man boxes all day..........because the Bills have no deep threat the Broncos showed no respect for the pass and Taylor could have easily put up another 100-150 yards and quite a few more points in the air.

Contrary to what the Denver media might have felt, it was a Jauronian gameplan, otherwise they would have.

Just maddening to see them get an interception around the Broncos 35 yard line in a tight game and run directly into an overloaded front on first down.

The only way to get anything against that wall of humanity was to hold......and with a bouncing RB like McCoy that's what happened......and the next thing you know it's first and 20 and the drive is killed.

That was the most egregious instance but it was like that much of the day...........Taylor was fantastic with the opportunities he was given. :thumbsup:

Rico is a worry for sure.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod did what he had to do to secure a win.

The defense played great. Special teams were great. And the offense sustained drives and moved the chains.

With no run game to speak of, I credit Tyrod for playing a smart football game, protecting the ball, getting crucial first downs and for carrying the offense to enough points to get the win.

It was a great team win and Tyrod was a big part of it.

Yes, he did have an effective passing game.

He tore up their secondary and had 400 yards passing.... oh wait sorry I was daydreaming.

TT had his near typical 25 passing attempts and he had his second best completion % for a game too. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: Funny stuff sound familiar?

Typical 25 attempts per game and high completion %- yesits familiar! See Russell Wilson's 2013 leading up to his ring.

Doesn't seem to take a lot of shots. He seems to be improving on how best to get Tyrod working though. Deeper drops, more shotgun, more play action, some zone read concepts.

He's so fast the deeper drops help him. The play action boots were super deep, but he got back so quick it worked.

If you can make a deep drop work on those ends, you may have something to work with.

True. But Tyrod was rancid as a passer for the most part that day. He won that game himself offensively but it was basically his legs and one deep ball down the sideline to Hogan. He was much better as a passer on Sunday. As I said in another thread the most encouraging thing was the first couple of plays apart he got the ball out much faster. His average for the season dropped from 3.03 to 2.83 someone more mathematically able than me can probably calculate what that means his average was for Sunday alone.... but it was absolutely noticeable to the naked eye. The ball was getting out of his hands faster. That was no doubt partly gameplan against their pass rush but it makes him a better Quarterback. They have to keep on him about it. Get the ball out, get the ball out, get the ball out. I really hope it is the start of a trend.

Assuming same rough number of attempts in each game, it means he was around 2.4-2.5

i tell you what...not turning the ball over and causing turnovers is such a crazy underrated stat.

Great point, for sure.

I remember thinking at halftime of the Denver game that the only way I thought we had a chance was to get a turnover or two.

the same guys get on rodgers knob cause he never throws picks, same with dak last year and also they talk about turnover differential etc. then they want tyrod to throw picks...as soon as he throws a pick six to lose a game they would shred him.

Who here is saying they want to see Tyrod throw more picks? Where is this even coming from?

I know that Ive said I could live with more interceptions if it means more production and touchdowns from the passing game.

I know some are concerned about the running game faltering. The question is whether it is a problem for the Bills or an issue or opponents disrespecting the Bills' passing ability and overplaying the run. I don't know the answer, but I suspect there is at least a healthy dose of the latter in the last two games. Denver does have what is regarded as a upper echelon defense. Mostly, I'm thrilled with the way the Bills won the game versus Denver. It tells me opponents will not be able to focus on stopping the running game of the Bills. That should make it a little easier to run the ball going forward. If opponents continue to focus on stopping the run, well then there is a good chance Tyrod can make them pay.

Who here is saying they want to see Tyrod throw more picks? Where is this even coming from?

I know that Ive said I could live with more interceptions if it means more production and touchdowns from the passing game.

a dark stanky place?

With more passes the odds on increased INT's increases. That's the reality of it.

I'd gladly accept more if the results are a W.

With no run game to speak of, I credit Tyrod for playing a smart football game, protecting the ball, getting crucial first downs and for carrying the offense to enough points to get the win.

But do you credit Taylor for being a starting quarterback? You're on record as saying he's worse than +36 other qbs currently in the league.

It would be nice to get this issue successfully resolved, rather than have to revisit it again after Atlanta.......

Edited by grb

Tyrod did what he had to do to secure a win.

The defense played great. Special teams were great. And the offense sustained drives and moved the chains.

It was a great team win and Tyrod was a big part of it.

Not trying to pick on you, but what do you think about Cam Newton as an elite QB right now? Still elite and just injured or is there a bigger problem going on?

As much as the Bills were able to run the ball with Alynn, it seems like when it would come down to trying to hold a lead at the end of games they would get the ball and give it right back to the other team with a three and out and let the opponent try to come back. The Bills didn't run the ball well overall on Sunday, but they did run it when it mattered, with a 7 minute drive at the end and a FG that chewed up any hope of the Broncos having enough time to come back.

That drive was something I can't remember a Bills team doing in many years ... at least to a team that had a respectable defense and legitimate playoff aspirations. :thumbsup: Usually, their playoff quality opponents did that to the Bills.

Yes, he did have an effective passing game.

He tore up their secondary and had 400 yards passing.... oh wait sorry I was daydreaming.

TT had his near typical 25 passing attempts and he had his second best completion % for a game too. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: Funny stuff sound familiar?

Denver failed in a away game by first not stopping it enough and also because their QB wasnt good enough to push a advantage. Same fans can praise this game while others just see the last two seasons of it all over again of a 6-7 win season against teams failing at the gameplan against a home team that has the advantage . Enjoyed the win but sadly this win will do nothing but hurt next years draft. We all know who wins the home games more often, real good QBs win anywhere while the not good enough get the 6-7 win season because away games are a lot tougher. Just my opinion on this trying to post the other side of not wearing the Tyrod blind beer goggles. I hope Tyrod can be the man and take us to a playoff run but I have yet to see anything that will change my mind that he is just not good enough.

I LOLed at the 400 comment thanks.