Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

Steelers support and standby their teammates during drug charges rape allegations but not army ranger standing for flag

It's ok to order a team to stay inside for anthem but wrong if owner makes them stand

When Kap was the only one to sit, everybody on the 49ers defended him. When the Steeler was the only one to stand, his coach scolded him for it. Can't make this stuff up.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your problem isn't with the players but all the people discussing it?

To a large degree, yes. I've repeatedly said none of this would be wasting everyone's time if many sports writers didn't feel the need to find a way to make themselves relevant again.

And they did it by constantly, aggressively writing stories about how Kaepernick wasn't playing in the NFL because of his disrespect for the flag, and how he never should have been let go by the 49ers (he wasn't, he quit), and the only reason he hasn't been signed is because the NFL -- a business that gives millions of dollars to group comprising predominantly black men -- is racist.

Of course, it had nothing to do with the socks he was wearing on the field with pigs dressed as cops. It has nothing to do with his girlfriend accusing the Ravens owner of being racist AND Ray Lewis being his slave whore.

No, no, no. They would never write about that. It had something to do with whatever reason Kaepernick came up with while he sat on his ass hoping someone would give him a job.

Many (not all) sports writers and announcers ate it up because, in the end, they get paid on how much they can piss off fans to clickbait their anger through social media.

If they all shut up, the players could kneel every freaking game and pretty much no one would give a rat's ass.

LA actually believes that Tim Graham was the cause of the Benghazi incident.

:lol:

And Kelly the Dog actually believes the reason Obama wasn't a successful president is because a country that TWICE elected a black man president secretly hated having a black man as president. :lol:

To a large degree, yes. I've repeatedly said none of this would be wasting everyone's time if many sports writers didn't feel the need to find a way to make themselves relevant again.

And they did it by constantly, aggressively writing stories about how Kaepernick wasn't playing in the NFL because of his disrespect for the flag, and how he never should have been let go by the 49ers (he wasn't, he quit), and the only reason he hasn't been signed is because the NFL -- a business that gives millions of dollars to group comprising predominantly black men -- is racist.

Of course, it had nothing to do with the socks he was wearing on the field with pigs dressed as cops. It has nothing to do with his girlfriend accusing the Ravens owner of being racist AND Ray Lewis being his slave whore.

No, no, no. They would never write about that. It had something to do with whatever reason Kaepernick came up with while he sat on his ass hoping someone would give him a job.

Many (not all) sports writers and announcers ate it up because, in the end, they get paid on how much they can piss off fans to clickbait their anger through social media.

If they all shut up, the players could kneel every freaking game and pretty much no one would give a rat's ass.

If they didn't write that or show that how did you know about it?

I don't blame it on the sportswriters at all. They are whores. That's what whores do. It's like TV networks and film studios. The people that run them and make decisions on what shows they air WANT to broadcast little indie feel good movies and pay auteur directors to come up with amazing bizarre crap they don't even understand they can tell their 21 year old girlfriends it's art to get a quicker blowjob. But they don't because us idiots won't buy that crap. They only put out what we will lap up or buy, literally or figuratively. We're bigger morons than the morons that write about it.

He wouldn't be wrong would he ?

No. That was just my take on him stretching during the anthem based off what Shady said about Kaepernick not being worth the distraction and then calling the president an a-hole on Twitter after his stupid remarks in Alabama.

I don't blame it on the sportswriters at all. They are whores. That's what whores do. It's like TV networks and film studios. The people that run them and make decisions on what shows they air WANT to broadcast little indie feel good movies and pay auteur directors to come up with amazing bizarre crap they don't even understand they can tell their 21 year old girlfriends it's art to get a quicker blowjob. But they don't because us idiots won't buy that crap. They only put out what we will lap up or buy, literally or figuratively. We're bigger morons than the morons that write about it.

you don't understand- he HATES being forced to see this discussion. Why do you keep forcing him to talk about this?

First the players make him look at them pre-game

Then the writers make him read their columns

Now here you are forcing him to read it here

I got your back from here on out LA- worry not.

The same way I get all my news: from reading TSW.

We're in complete agreement here. Complete agreement. Like I said, if you take them out of the equation, no one actually cares about someone kneeling during the anthem. I sure the hell don't care about it. I wouldn't care if OBJ was doing his dog piss move on a flag. It's one of the greatest features of our country.

But the sports writers need to shove it in everyone's face. Over and over and over. And we keep watching it when we need to turn it off and tell them all to STFU and play the games.

you don't understand- he HATES being forced to see this discussion. Why do you keep forcing him to talk about this?

I don't mind the discussion here or I wouldn't take part in it. Do you see me posting in every thread? No. Why? Because I ignore topics that bore me.

I just prefer they start the games the way they always did...at kickoff.

But you feel free to make whatever ridiculous point you think you're making.

Edited by LABillzFan

The same way I get all my news: from reading TSW.

We're in complete agreement here. Complete agreement. Like I said, if you take them out of the equation, no one actually cares about someone kneeling during the anthem. I sure the hell don't care about it. I wouldn't care if OBJ was doing his dog piss move on a flag. It's one of the greatest features of our country.

But the sports writers need to shove it in everyone's face. Over and over and over. And we keep watching it when we need to turn it off and tell them all to STFU and play the games.

But it's the sportswriters job to report what they see, opine on what they see, and get people to read and discuss what they just read. That's what they get paid for. And the more people that read and discuss them the more their employers like it. It's their life and the way they make their money and feed their families and afford their heroic bar tabs and substantial substance abuse issues.

OUR job on the other hand is to choose which of these jokers to read and discuss.

So we are the problem not them.

I hate Jerry Sullivan and yet I will bet anyone that his bosses love him. Because of us idiots not because of his writing.

We're getting miles from the point here. This began a year ago when a very thoughtful quarterback decided to use the platform of an NFL player to protest racial inequality and institutional racism in the U.S. Those aspects of our country are obscene. Yesterday's massive amp-up of this was in response to the Nation's top political figure calling protesting NFL players "Sons of Bitches"that should be fired - likewise obscene. Maybe Trump is actually brilliant in that his words last Friday have inspired more action and talk about racism than Kaepernick' kneeling ever could have. Or he's exceedingly egomaniacal. Either way, same result.

A few thoughts:

1. I don't agree with Kaepernick's thesis but fully support his right to express his opinion and his right to protest, as I respect the right for anyone to protest whether it be fellow NFL players or Jim Kelly or Shady or skin head Neo-Nazis. I don't have to agree with your view or how you do it (I don't like what Shady did) but I'd hate even more being in a society where you can't protest at all.

2. The flag to me represents not just the military but our country and its values. And the key value is the freedom and rights we have guaranteed under the Constitution. If the flag stands for anything it stands for those rights. I have read enough pro and con comments from ex-military to know there is no universal belief by the military. So I think the idea that the military is being specifically disrespected is not well informed, as has been pointed out by the players taking the action.

3. I will always stand, take my hat off, and put my hand in my chest when the anthem is played. But I'm hypocritical because I don't do that in private. And if I see a veteran I will always thank him for serving. Because his or her service lets me enjoy the freedoms I and others have. Including the freedom to stand for the anthem or not.

4. I respect having the courage to take a stand at personal cost. I think Kaepernick is way off base but he has the courage of his convictions. I applaud the courage of Villenueva not only for his service but for being the only Steeler to step out for the anthem yesterday.

5. Our rights do not come with a dollar sign; they are guaranteed by the constitution. Football players have as much right to protest as did Rosa Parks. So spare me the stuff about why millionaire football players should just shut up and play.

6. Owners need to decide what they want their employees to do. The vast majority apparently think the players should express their views through this form of peaceful protest. I'd rather the owners restrict these protests by keeping teams in the locker room during the anthem, and by making sure some of their profits are used to help their regions deal with issues being debated (and some profits are). And if owners decide they want their players to stand during the anthem since that would be a job related function, then players should comply or look for other employment. Such are the perks of ownership

6. The president? He simply does not understand our constitution and what freedoms are within, nor does he understand the role of the president. I want to see some of his proposals on infrastructure, tax policy and trade enacted. But I don't need a guy who has mistreated women, veterans, minorities, gay and lesbian individuals, and anyone he happens not to like in the moment lecturing me or anyone on values. He forfeited any credibility on values or morality years ago.