The 4th and 2 fake punt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There must've been some type of tell in their formation or movement, because I knew they were going to fake it. Anyone else sense that before hand?

HA! I called it just before it happened. The others at the bar asked how I knew. I admitted I didn't know, but something about the formation made me suspect. Don't really know what it was---just hinky.

BTW, terrible field position for a fake, so it wasn't as if it was something to expect.

Edited by The Dean

You could tell in the stadium that there was movement happening pre-snap that didn't happen with their other punts. I thought the same thing about it being a fake.

If casual fans could pick up on it, chances are the players knew too.

I actually also felt one was coming there, even before they lined up. It felt like a real obvious fake punt situation-- down, distance, and the way the game was going.

It was actually a good idea to go for it-- even if they don't get it, the broncos defense was playing pretty fierce. They forced us to punt on the INT the possession before, and we barely got into FG range after getting the ball back.

Good idea; bad play execution; and great play by the bills ST.

There must've been some type of tell in their formation or movement, because I knew they were going to fake it. Anyone else sense that before hand?

Definitely...I was yelling "fake! fake!" when they were over the ball. No idea why I thought that.

At the game my son was yelling fake punt before it was snapped. They had their gunner run out across the field late as if they were all confused, but it was a tell that something was going on

Edited by stevewin

The center only had one hand on the ball like he was snapping a shotgun formation play. I noticed that on the replay, although I admit I didn't compare it with any of their other punts. They pretty much always use two hands for punt snaps.

I actually also felt one was coming there, even before they lined up. It felt like a real obvious fake punt situation-- down, distance, and the way the game was going.

It was actually a good idea to go for it-- even if they don't get it, the broncos defense was playing pretty fierce. They forced us to punt on the INT the possession before, and we barely got into FG range after getting the ball back.

Good idea; bad play execution; and great play by the bills ST.

I thought it was a terrible call and risk/reward. At that point I would have assumed they were the Broncos and we were the Bills and they would wear us down.

I thought it was a terrible call and risk/reward. At that point I would have assumed they were the Broncos and we were the Bills and they would wear us down.

Vance tweaked imo. Don't forget he was on the other side with Miami when TT put up all those yards on xmas eve. I think he panicked way too early.

Agreed. That why I was surprised I suspected a fake. Made no sense, IMO.