2017 Cam Newton Excuse Thread

prissythecat

Carolina has a garbage o line (Matt Khalil is one of the worst starters in the nfl) & the Eagles have a good D. Bradham looks awesome.

if you're watching this game and thats what you see as an issue than you must love taylor.

newton is not making reads, newton is not taking time. and when he goes for the big play he is chucking it up and throwing 3 INT's. so, i guess you like the 3 big plays a game so long as you take the 3 INT's.

this is just piss poor qbing.

oh and that one pass with 12 left, funchess had to jump to catch it. how many **** passes around it? right before he ran away from no one instad of passing. after that throws it away because he saw von millers shaddow.

Edited by Boyst62

You dont know s*** about football, I promise you that. Give up trying to.

opinions vary, but in the shoutbox i was holding school doing my best romo.

clearly, you don't know anything about football to have hope in the wanna be elite newton.

but, since you claim i don't know **** about football the onus is on you to provide an example or provide a point in which i can retort which is far more difficult than just your weak ability to throw the accusation pandering to the low hanging fruit of the cam clingers.

i suggest we can talk about zone blocking schemes. what do you like? iol? oil? those are two basic things we can argue. you pick your side. i'm feeling fiesty.

I knew Boyst would be all over this.

Lets use the TT excuse .... His receivers kept dropping passes all game long ...

the WRs if anything were not getting open and he was forcing a few throws. Especially to CMC. And when doing so his poor accuracy made for INT's and blatant misses.

the WRs if anything were not getting open and he was forcing a few throws. Especially to CMC. And when doing so his poor accuracy made for INT's and blatant misses.

Now why did I expect the normal Boystian sarcastic reply?

Maybe we should coin that - Boystian Reply....

TBH I only watched part of the game and it wasn't looking good. Schwartz!!!!!!!

28/51 239 yards 56% 1 TD, 3 INT's, 71 running yards, 1 TD running.
1 big fat loser losing.

I guess you really don't like Newton, huh?

I've never been a great fan of Newton, and after watching last night's game, I have to agree more with you than with the "Newton is elite" crowd. He's not. He's a decent QB but if he couldn't run, he'd be dog meat because his passing skills and his leadership wouldn't be good enough. I think we saw that last night. He couldn't make the clutch plays except with his feet.

The QB in that game who sparkled was Wentz. If he continues to develop, he'll be a keeper.

I guess you really don't like Newton, huh?

I've never been a great fan of Newton, and after watching last night's game, I have to agree more with you than with the "Newton is elite" crowd. He's not. He's a decent QB but if he couldn't run, he'd be dog meat because his passing skills and his leadership wouldn't be good enough. I think we saw that last night. He couldn't make the clutch plays except with his feet.

The QB in that game who sparkled was Wentz. If he continues to develop, he'll be a keeper.

If Newton has a great game, Boyst will post how it wasn't that good. Look at page 2 in this very own thread.

I'm not going to sit here and say Tyrod is the answer, but good god if I had to watch that every week, I'd pull my hair out. Worse than I already do. That was atrocious last night.

Sidenote - I do watch it every week, as I live in Charlotte and it's always the only game on, but it's different when you actually care.

If Newton has a great game, Boyst will post how it wasn't that good. Look at page 2 in this very own thread.

hitting targets like he does is similar to going target shooting with a shotgun. You're gonna connect some times

I'm not going to sit here and say Tyrod is the answer, but good god if I had to watch that every week, I'd pull my hair out. Worse than I already do. That was atrocious last night.

Sidenote - I do watch it every week, as I live in Charlotte and it's always the only game on, but it's different when you actually care.

next weekend he will go for 300+ yards and account for 3 TDs and be a God again.

hitting targets like he does is similar to going target shooting with a shotgun. You're gonna connect some times

next weekend he will go for 300+ yards and account for 3 TDs and be a God again.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a God. You're just using that exaggeration to make your point sound better. He's just not as bad as you think.

Do I think he's elite? No, not at all. Is he a terrible loser? No, not at all.

You base your opinions on players completely on emotion.

Just how bad are you with a shotgun?

It's more like You're gonna miss some times.

I used to go out to my uncles farm in Lincoln off of Plank Road in Ontario County to skeet shoot in my teens. I wasn't great, but I didn't suck either.

I watched a girl shoot from her hip and hit well over 75% of the targets. Impressive as hell.

Is this the random thought thread?

I don't think anyone is saying he's a God. You're just using that exaggeration to make your point sound better. He's just not as bad as you think.

Do I think he's elite? No, not at all. Is he a terrible loser? No, not at all.

You base your opinions on players completely on emotion.

I have said and will always say when he is ok the field and over 80% health he is one of the best athletes on the field.

He's a loser, though, because he loses and does so like a loser would. A poor sport and whiny baby.

I base my opinions on the player. No emotion. I don't do emotions.

I have said and will always say when he is ok the field and over 80% health he is one of the best athletes on the field.

He's a loser, though, because he loses and does so like a loser would. A poor sport and whiny baby.

I base my opinions on the player. No emotion. I don't do emotions.

the bold and giant font about his stats say otherwise.

Newton was very mediocre last night, and that's taking into account that 2.5 of his INTs weren't his fault. He was inaccurate and jittery in the pocket, although the Eagles pass rush had a lot to do with that.

And wtf is up with defenses not defending read option properly? This isn't 2014 people!

Holy crap!!! Didnt see any of that game. How is Chicago winning games like that?

1-10-CHI 24 (9:15) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton FUMBLES (Aborted) at CHI 27, RECOVERED by CHI-39-E.Jackson at CHI 25. 39-E.Jackson for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-10-CHI 33 (12:42) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass short left intended for 13-K.Benjamin INTERCEPTED by 39-E.Jackson (20-P.Amukamara) at CHI 24. 39-E.Jackson for 76 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-10-CAR 36 (7:17) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass short right intended for 22-C.McCaffrey INTERCEPTED by 59-D.Trevathan at CAR 46. 59-D.Trevathan pushed ob at CAR 38 for 8 yards (22-C.McCaffrey).

1-10-CHI 24 (9:15) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton FUMBLES (Aborted) at CHI 27, RECOVERED by CHI-39-E.Jackson at CHI 25. 39-E.Jackson for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-10-CHI 33 (12:42) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass short left intended for 13-K.Benjamin INTERCEPTED by 39-E.Jackson (20-P.Amukamara) at CHI 24. 39-E.Jackson for 76 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-10-CAR 36 (7:17) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass short right intended for 22-C.McCaffrey INTERCEPTED by 59-D.Trevathan at CAR 46. 59-D.Trevathan pushed ob at CAR 38 for 8 yards (22-C.McCaffrey).

I warned guys artwork the bears have a good backfield. Gilmor3 would have been a great fit there. Their safeties would be fitting for him

• 2 weeks later...

Now that one of Cams favorite target to force the ball to is with the Bills, will we see fewer excuses or more ?

Newton was not utilizing Benjamin.

He was throwing the ball all around.

If the Panthers faulter and people blame losing Benjamin than they need to go back to 2015. They went to the Super Bowl without him

Olsen was the loss.