McDermott: Bills Need More Urgency from Dareus

26CornerBlitz

I always root for people who live up to their potential...but Dareus is CHOOSING to squander the opportunities that he has been blessed with. I have zero patience for that kind of 'urgency'. A true waste.

he's choosing to collect a paycheck that is more than most of us see in our entire lifetime which is worse to me.

I look at someone like Kyle and then look a Marcell and get sick of how both agents work over teams and players mail it in when they get paid.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's choosing to collect a paycheck that is more than most of us see in our entire lifetime which is worse to me.

I look at someone like Kyle and then look a Marcell and get sick of how both agents work over teams and players mail it in when they get paid.

I look at someone like E.J. GAINES who has fought and fought and fought through injuries and is finally making a huge impact in the NFL. That's more effort and determination than Dareus could ever possibly match.

I always root for people who live up to their potential...but Dareus is CHOOSING to squander the opportunities that he has been blessed with. I have zero patience for that kind of 'urgency'. A true waste.

I do not think the game is over yet, so dont fold your dareus cards just yet. stand pat

I look at someone like E.J. GAINES who has fought and fought and fought through injuries and is finally making a huge impact in the NFL. That's more effort and determination than Dareus could ever possibly match.

that's fair. I compare him to meatball because they are the same build and other than, you know, a broken leg and bone spurs Kyle has been grinding it for years without an issue. Edited by The Wiz

Through the years I've learned we know only so much of what people are dealing with. Dareus was blessed with many physical skills but what little we know about him personally points towards an incredibly tough road. Just because he's huge and quick doesn't mean he's been given some of the mental, social and emotional advantages some of us have.

$100m is tempting but I'd have to think twice about whether I'd trade spots with him due to my many blessings and relatively few challenges I've had to face.

Through the years I've learned we know only so much of what people are dealing with. Dareus was blessed with many physical skills but what little we know about him personally points towards an incredibly tough road. Just because he's huge and quick doesn't mean he's been given some of the mental, social and emotional advantages some of us have.

$100m is tempting but I'd have to think twice about whether I'd trade spots with him due to my many blessings and relatively few challenges I've had to face.

Well said. One thing I've learned through some rough life lessons is I personally want to judge less. I get wanting people to excel and do their best, but sometimes what you are seeing IS their best, or the best they can do at that time. It does NOT mean they can't learn to live up to potential. They may just be acting lazy, who knows? But they are people with all the strengths and weaknesses the rest of us have but on a higher stage magnifying everything.

Don't get me wrong, fans will always judge players (and that's fine), but judging people is different. Dareus is not choosing to say "I will underachieve today". It's far more complicated, IMO.

Peer pressure is what is needed. Don't be surprised if that happens. There are a lot of big boys in that locker room that care. It will be interesting how the rest of the year plays out.

You can't get rid of him so I'm hoping he'll get with the program. He might surprise us Sunday.

Well said. One thing I've learned through some rough life lessons is I personally want to judge less. I get wanting people to excel and do their best, but sometimes what you are seeing IS their best, or the best they can do at that time. It does NOT mean they can't learn to live up to potential. They may just be acting lazy, who knows? But they are people with all the strengths and weaknesses the rest of us have but on a higher stage magnifying everything.

Don't get me wrong, fans will always judge players (and that's fine), but judging people is different. Dareus is not choosing to say "I will underachieve today". It's far more complicated, IMO.

This is nonsense. I have seen humans perform in the most demanding and in the harshest environments under extreme stress thousands if miles away from there family.

There is literally nothing holding him back but himself. Himan will is an amazing thing.

This is nonsense. I have seen humans perform in the most demanding and in the harshest environments under extreme stress thousands if miles away from there family.

There is literally nothing holding him back but himself. Himan will is an amazing thing.

Describe nonsense.

I don't care for Dareus to be on our team at this point. But, things aren't always black and white with humans. And, Dareus is human. And, all humans are different.

Thank you! Nobody's saying that Dareus should be taken out and beaten. He can wallow in a lack of self motivation till the proverbial cows come home. Everyone has stuff that has, or is, happening to them...EVERYONE. I'll compare my list to of stuff with anyone's. What defines people is not what happens TO them but what they DO about it. Sadly this has been lost in modern day America.

Marcel....get up off the sofa!

Thank you! Nobody's saying that Dareus should be taken out and beaten. He can wallow in a lack of self motivation till the proverbial cows come home. Everyone has stuff that has, or is, happening to them...EVERYONE. I'll compare my list to of stuff with anyone's. What defines people is not what happens TO them but what they DO about it. Sadly this has been lost in modern day America.

Marcel....get up off the sofa!

I don't know. I said earlier, maybe if Kyle and Richie pinned him against a wall and threatened to beat the snot out of him he'd wake up.

@JonScottTV

McDermott says Marcell Dareus is set to play Sunday vs. #Falcons. #Bills

Good news. I'm as frustrated with Dareus as anyone but also amazed at how many here freely conflate his past character/emotional issues with his current injury. What if he was just hurt? Or is he no longer allowed that possibility?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Good news. I'm as frustrated with Dareus as anyone but also amazed at how many here freely conflate his past character/emotional issues with his current injury. What if he was just hurt? Or is he no longer allowed that possibility?

I think it's because injury and urgency are two different things. He's got one, but lacks the other. Bills fans wish it was flipped.