McDermott: Bills Need More Urgency from Dareus

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice way of putting words in my mouth.

Uh huh, so when you say

I want more urgency from McDermott and Beane to stop shedding good players from the team.

You aren't criticizing McD and Beane for putting Dareus on notice?

You aren't fooling anyone.

I mean, barring a turnaround season from him, look for FO to off-load him in the most cap friendly way possible. Sunday the Defense didn't really miss his presence - a lot of which had to deal with Kyle and the rest of the Front 7. But your point here also gives them some reason to keep Dareus around. If he proves enough, we need young talent at our positions so that we can maximize our upcoming Draft picks. Biggest concerns are DT/OL (aging Kyle, Incognito, and Wood), not popular or sexy given our lackluster WR corps, young DBs, veteran RBs, and a questionable QB. But teams are built and defined by the trenches, it's time we got ours.

But hey, 2-1 so far, let's see where this goes.

If we end up trading Darius to save our cap hit, we may have to throw in a 4th round pick to the other team (ala Brock Osweiler)...potentially the price to pay for another team taking on Marcel's massive contract...I could see this happening...so Marcel plus a 4th rounder for extra cap space and major relief from this headache.

We could do a osweiler type deal where we trade 99 and a second round pick to someone and get a 5th rounder back. Along those lines.

Sorry, i hadn't read the entire thread before I posted.

Yes good idea - let's keep shedding star players and using draft picks to replace them. Then if and when those draftees become good players, we can turn on them and replace them, too! What could go wrong?

Sure this okay guy we will get to replace our really good guy will be only be half as good but we will only pay him half as much! And here's the genius part... Ready? We'll get TWO of them!! Win win! One for each!!!! Edited by Kelly the Dog

I agree. We're 95% losing both after this season. We'll have to land a high motor guy like meatball and a space eater like Dareus. Marcel has used up all his coupons. He got his big payday and I don't see the drive he once had. We'll need a QB, wr, LB replacement for Preston and 2 solid DT's. Throw in Mills replacement and there's your 6 picks in the 3 rounds.

People having been saying "this is Kyle's last season with the Bills" for the last 5-6 years. If it's up to the coaches and front office he's not going anywhere. Ultimately it will be up to Kyle but I don't see it being a slam dunk that he calls it quits after this season. He's still playing at an extremely high level.

This quote is pretty telling especially with Dareus out today because of another 'injury'.

I suspect that as the losses continue this season they'll release him by the end of the year and simply take the monstrous cap hit.

He won't be released mid season.

The thing I wonder- who here thinks this is the way you reach dareus and get him re-engaged? It doesn't seem like the right approach to me. I'm not sure how to get the guy but this doesn't feel like it.

The thing I wonder- who here thinks this is the way you reach dareus and get him re-engaged? It doesn't seem like the right approach to me. I'm not sure how to get the guy but this doesn't feel like it.

The nice guy approach didn't work with the Ryan's. McD and the ex-Marine D line coach are trying tough love. Maybe instead of the coaching being blamed, it might be time for the player to get it?

May as well try it. Nothing else has worked to this point. And if Dareus doesn't step up, I will put the blame on him. He's getting paid to be a star, he's an adult, and if he needs a professional support network he can definitely afford therapists.

I think if his seemingly pretty positive and aggressive co players just don't don't rub him enough to want to win? he has other interests.

do not hate him for for it, just kinda selfishly bummed over here, they are not able to work it out yet.

I for one have not given up hope for the Fat Kid and the Bills. but i have lost a bit of my enthusiasm for his career here.

There's nothing anyone can do to get Dareus re-engaged. He's an adult now whether he acts like it or not. It's up to him.

The nice guy approach didn't work with the Ryan's. McD and the ex-Marine D line coach are trying tough love. Maybe instead of the coaching being blamed, it might be time for the player to get it?

That does seem to be the issue season is young. But I hope he knows he is defining himself each day. As the person and then as a NFL Football Player

Yes good idea - let's keep shedding star players and using draft picks to replace them. Then if and when those draftees become good players, we can turn on them and replace them, too! What could go wrong?

They're not all the same. We appear to have a Haynesworth on our hands. Getting rid of a guy like that isn't a terrible idea.

There's nothing anyone can do to get Dareus re-engaged. He's an adult now whether he acts like it or not. It's up to him.

Fatalistic approach Arnold

They're not all the same. We appear to have a Haynesworth on our hands. Getting rid of a guy like that isn't a terrible idea.

next season, if he does not turn his head around I suspect bill will bite the bullet and cauterize the wound

I think if his seemingly pretty positive and aggressive co players just don't don't rub him enough to want to win? he has other interests.

do not hate him for for it, just kinda selfishly bummed over here, they are not able to work it out yet.

I for one have not given up hope for the Fat Kid and the Bills. but i have lost a bit of my enthusiasm for his career here.

Dareus has no interest in being great. He's fine with just being a guy because it's easier. That's obvious not only through his actions but things he says, like how he's "just a piece of the puzzle." It's a cop-out for underachieving.

...hey when he's FINALLY cut circa June 1, 2019 or sooner, maybe he hires Haynesworth as his agent.....there's TWO on the SAME page.....MORE for LESS I believe................

keep me posted. I'm sure it'll keep your interest since you been keeping tabs on all his money, weight, what he eats and his captains hat.

That's true- but I sure do know some bosses I've had make showing up to work better than others. Everyone has their own management style and players will respond differently. You can't force him to commit but you can figure out which buttons to push or avoid pushing.

My best impression isn't that you have to coddle marcell but that he's much more likely to show up for a true mentor than to prove wrong a guy that makes him feel like an outsider. That's at a huge distance so a grain of salt there but...

That's true- but I sure do know some bosses I've had make showing up to work better than others. Everyone has their own management style and players will respond differently. You can't force him to commit but you can figure out which buttons to push or avoid pushing.

My best impression isn't that you have to coddle marcell but that he's much more likely to show up for a true mentor than to prove wrong a guy that makes him feel like an outsider. That's at a huge distance so a grain of salt there but...

fair take. I am always the optimist. and learn something each day to affect my everchanging opinion