Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

Steve Bannon described Trump's strategy. Let the left worry about the race stuff (even by inflaming it a little bit) and we go hard after the economy to win over the blue collar workers in traditional blue states. I think there's a very good chance Trump gets reelected with the same strategy.

Interesting point here.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I boycotted the game this weekend, have watched about 5 games each week for 20 years and 2 or 3 for 25 years before that.

Didn't miss it at all, the game is losing me more and more, I can't get interested in it at all. The joke of kicking people out of college games for a totally inconsistent enforcement of targeting is ruining enjoyment as well.

Sure, when Obama was in office.Clearly an agenda by the DOJ. Look , much of what a cop has to do involves profiling individuals. Want them to stop , and just show up after something happens? That's fine I suppose just be ready for more crime.

It wasn't just about profiling though. There was more to it than just that. I only quoted one small paragraph from 2 separate 160+ page reports.

You get mad at CNN for twisting facts yet you do it to fit things into your agenda. Why was it clearly an agenda by the DOJ? and how did a president distort data by stops and arrests made by the police department themselves? Where do you think the DOJ data came from? Were the police in on it too? What about the judges? The president told them all to pull over, search, arrest and sentence people to fit his agenda?

Show me even a scrap of proof from a valid source that shows what you claim. Otherwise your just completely making things up.

These are valid reports. Not fake news.

Edited by BillsFan4

It wasn't just about profiling though. There was more to it than just that. I only quoted one small paragraph from 2 separate 160+ page report.

You get mad at CNN for twisting facts yet you do it to fit things into your agenda. Why was it clearly an agenda by the DOJ? and how did a president distort data collected by the police department themselves? Were they in on it too? What about the judges? The president told them all to arrest and sentence people to fit his agenda?

Show me even a scrap of proof from a valid source that shows what you claim. Otherwise your just comp,geeky making things up.

These are valid reports. Not fake news.

It really depends on who is " interpreting " the data. Numbers are numbers. An ideological agenda driven President and administration such as Obama's was obviously going to arrive at certain conclusions from those data. And claim it was " reasonable" to conclude. Its like the sun rising in the east, really. Just as predictable.

CNN reports their " interpretation" of things that are said by others as facts. One doesn't need to watch for very long to pick up on this.

It really depends on who is " interpreting " the data. Numbers are numbers. An ideological agenda driven President and administration such as Obama's was obviously going to arrive at certain conclusions from those data. And claim it was " reasonable" to conclude. Its like the sun rising in the east, really. Just as predictable.

CNN reports their " interpretation" of things that are said by others as facts. One doesn't need to watch for very long to pick up on this.

So, you have no proof and yet you just assume they messed with the data and you presented your interpretations things to me like it's a fact.

Sound alike what you accuse CNN of doing.

Again, show me any proof of this or it's just "fake news".

It's silly to just assume the data is wrong because you say so.

Edited by BillsFan4

What are they protesting? That cops kill twice as many whites every year than blacks, yet blacks commit 50% of the violent crimes? Seems like a logical protest.

Makes it sound like we should all be upset with the police system at this point... well... I guess... yea. Yes we should.

Makes it sound like we should all be upset with the police system at this point... well... I guess... yea. Yes we should.

Mr. Policeman, I hate you. Going around my neighborhood keeping it safe, getting shot and in car wrecks. What have you ever done for me???

Tupac Shakur, I love you. Crack dealing rapist. Yeah, give me more of that.

I boycotted the game this weekend, have watched about 5 games each week for 20 years and 2 or 3 for 25 years before that.

Didn't miss it at all, the game is losing me more and more, I can't get interested in it at all. The joke of kicking people out of college games for a totally inconsistent enforcement of targeting is ruining enjoyment as well.

I think I'm through with it. Like you, its been losing my interest for some time, but if the league front office is going to choose sides here and allow the NFL to become a political advocacy forum, I'm out. I watch sports to get away from that garbage.

There is no "police system", there are individual departments.

Further, shootings are examined on a case-by-case basis, and there are repercussions for those that are found to be unjustified or unreasonable. Just because police shoot an unarmed suspect does not mean they did anything unreasonable; and the instances of unarmed shoots are so infrequent that it couldn't reasonably be labeled an institutional problem.

There is no "police system", there are individual departments.

Further, shootings are examined on a case-by-case basis, and there are repercussions for those that are found to be unjustified or unreasonable. Just because police shoot an unarmed suspect does not mean they did anything unreasonable; and the instances of unarmed shoots are so infrequent that it couldn't reasonably be labeled an institutional problem.

But, there is an institutional problem, cultural police problem that transcends what you just said.

Now mix in anti-government/authority sentinent that is being cultivated, the problems gel together.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Note to Rob's House: I am not a leftist. I am strongly anti-regulation and anti-union, among many other non-leftist views. I am culturally liberal, fiscally quite conservative. I have some uncharacterizable views, for example I believe in open borders with little to no government services, etc.

(You, by contrast, are basically an admitted homophobe, among other bigoted viewpoints.)

Anyhow - the issue of police shootings is less about the police departments and more about the juries who acquit the offending officers...

I think I'm through with it. Like you, its been losing my interest for some time, but if the league front office is going to choose sides here and allow the NFL to become a political advocacy forum, I'm out. I watch sports to get away from that garbage.

football is dead in 10 years anyway, ratings are plummeting every week and major sponsors are going to demand cut-rates to carry the abortions of Thursday and Sunday night games.

planning for a second weekend of zero football, maybe the rest of my life.

football is dead in 10 years anyway, ratings are plummeting every week and major sponsors are going to demand cut-rates to carry the abortions of Thursday and Sunday night games.

planning for a second weekend of zero football, maybe the rest of my life.

I watched the Bills game................but had little to no interest in the others..........in particular Thursday or Sunday night.

I did however watch 4 college games on Saturday............. :thumbsup:

Anyhow - the issue of police shootings is less about the police departments and more about the juries who acquit the offending officers...

Perhaps, but does that mean it is some kind of nationwide scourge? The justice system calls for a trail by jury of ones peers ( or a judge). The legal system is being followed. The jury decides according to the law and the evidence . Nothing else.

So, you have no proof and yet you just assume they messed with the data and you presented your interpretations things to me like it's a fact.

Sound alike what you accuse CNN of doing.

Again, show me any proof of this or it's just "fake news".

It's silly to just assume the data is wrong because you say so.

Not saying the data is flawed. Show two individuals the data and they could arrive at different conclusions. Very different depending on their political bent. Let's not pretend that doesn't happen. Check the data on say ,health care, and you will get wildly different interpretations of what those numbers mean.