Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

I don't see it that way at all. I think that's a false moral equivalence.

White supremacy is not = to BLM.

The way I see it - A leader of white supremacists (and nazi sympathizer) who identifies with what that group represents (including that the white race is superior to minorities, that they don't deserve all the same rights whites do, that we need a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" & that wants to create an all white homeland (to name just a few things)) is not equivalent to someone who believes that black lives matter as much as white lives do, openly welcomes those of different races into their group and thinks that everyone should be treated equal.

I do not agree with everything BLM says or condone every action they take but their guiding principles are much different than those of a hate group like the white supremacists.

Not exactly sure what you mean by BLM set up residence in the White House, but if you mean Obama then I totally disagree.

Also, I had no idea what you talking about when you said he "vowed to make citizens pay as deep a price as possible". So I looked it up. It took me a while to find anything. The only thing I really came across was something on Brietbart (the poster child of fake news) and a couple similar sites, that they called "shutdown theatre". They referrred to the 2013 govt shutdown and then proceeded to twist words and distort the truth. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue against it if that's what your referring to.

I'll just say that I don't agree and I don't really see how congress failing to pass legislation to keep non essential government functions running, mainly because republicans attached a very polarizing and very partisan piece of legislation to it, is Obama's fault anyway.

And I honestly don't understand how you can view Obama as the most divisive president of your lifetime. Even if you were only born the day Obama took office that still wouldn't be true. lol

We obviously see most things completely differently Tasker and grin reaper. I acknowledge your opinions, but I know I'll never sway them so I'll just respectfully end this conversation.

This was on the first page when I Googled "Obama government shutdown cruelty". There's a lot more to be had but I doubt you'd take any of it to heart. Remember, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. The administer wouldn't allow me to post this link or any excerpts, but if you Google what I did the article from the Federalist alone should be convincing enough.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how so?

I can't even begin to go through it here but you need to hit the history books. The KKK essentially functioned as a paramilitary group whose mission was to keep blacks subjugated even after the repeal of Jim Crow laws, through violence (including lynchings) and intimidation. They have been around for decades and their ethos goes far beyond "white victimhood" - they did what the authorities could not legally do (and in fact, the hoods were useful in concealing the identities of many policemen, politicians and civic leaders).

Comparing the KKK to BLM is utterly ludicrous and reflects a less than rudimentary understanding of American history.

I can't even begin to go through it here but you need to hit the history books. The KKK essentially functioned as a paramilitary group whose mission was to keep blacks subjugated even after the repeal of Jim Crow laws, through violence (including lynchings) and intimidation. They have been around for decades and their ethos goes far beyond "white victimhood" - they did what the authorities could not legally do (and in fact, the hoods were useful in concealing the identities of many policemen, politicians and civic leaders).

Comparing the KKK to BLM is utterly ludicrous and reflects a less than rudimentary understanding of American history.

I'd say the BLM movement is a paramilitary group, too. The black Panthers and GSA too

Militant, maybe. But that's not at all the same thing as paramilitary.

I am by no means defending BLM, but comparing it to the KKK is just silly.

I think he was just trying to bait me. At least I hope so, anyway.

Nobody believes that BLM and the KKK are the exact same thing.

Edited by BillsFan4

The Klu Klux Klan is not a paramilitary group today, it's just a vile hate group.

BLM is very similar to the Klan as it exists today.

You aren't arguing that the Klan, as it exists today, is acceptable, and the only issue with it is it's history, are you?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The Klu Klux Klan is not a paramilitary group today, it's just a vile hate group.

BLM is very similar to the Klan as it exists today.

You aren't arguing that the Klan, as it exists today, is acceptable, and the only issue with it is it's history, are you?

You are correct it is not a paramilitary group today. But you cannot characterize the Klan without acknowledging its history and the meaning that history has to African-Americans.

And I don't agree that "BLM is very similar to the Klan as it exists today." Sure, both are militant-like groups specializing in the Politics of Grievance and recruiting morons and bigots from the dregs of society. That is about where the comparisons begin and end.

I've been called many things. Silly is fine.

I think he was just trying to bait me. At least I hope so, anyway.

Nobody believes that BLM and the KKK are the exact same thing.

negative, partner. I here said it, them there groups is one in the same across the yonder of this here nation. What in the tarnation do you get to thinking this is about baiting you? They're both extremist groups of folk that them there Democrats really best associate themselves to being. All y'all done lost y'alls cotton picking mind

I've been called many things. Silly is fine.

negative, partner. I here said it, them there groups is one in the same across the yonder of this here nation. What in the tarnation do you get to thinking this is about baiting you? They're both extremist groups of folk that them there Democrats really best associate themselves to being. All y'all done lost y'alls cotton picking mind

To be clear, the comparison is silly, not (necessarily) you.

This was on the first page when I Googled "Obama government shutdown cruelty". There's a lot more to be had but I doubt you'd take any of it to heart. Remember, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. The administer wouldn't allow me to post this link or any excerpts, but if you Google what I did the article from the Federalist alone should be convincing enough.

Ok, I read that federalist article. I agree that some of that stuff seemed unnecessary (assuming it's true).

But let's also not pretend that republicans don't do things that hurt the American people, either.

There's usually 2 sides to the story though and you really have to research these days to get the whole truth and that's what I try my best to do. I don't have time right now to research everything in that article, but I do remember about the amber alert.

The actual amber alert system was never shut down, not for a second. It was just the purely informational site, and it only lasted a day or two from what I remember. They had to shut it down without IT guys there to protect against hacking but brought a furloughed worker back to run it because of the confusion caused by the false reporting that the amber alert system itself was shut down.

So it was basically much ado about nothing. The national center for missing and exploited children actually compiles all the amber alert site data and issues the alerts in a national level, and was still functioning (that federalist article is wrong in reporting it was shut down). That Amber Alert.gov site doesn't even list amber alerts. It redirects you to another website for those. Plus each state has their own amber alert system. The government amber alert website is just an informational site that tells you about what an amber alert is, the guidelines for issuing one and other stuff like that. That federal webpage plays no role in finding missing children and It has nothing to do with amber alerts being issued.

I'm more than willing to look at information that is based in facts and reality and has verifiable information. When the only sites I can verify the supposed information on are all far right leaning sites, I tend to be skeptical of that information.

I try my best to choose valid sources that aren't completely one sided and use verifiable factual information to form my opinions. I try to stay away from the sources that lean far left or far right (which is getting harder and harder these days). i like information sources that just report the facts and leave their opinion out of it (which is also getting harder and harder to find). After doing my own reading, I also like to double check some stuff on sites like Snopes that fact check articles and provide links to all the research they did in their fact checking.

As far as Breitbart - they are a notorious fake news site. That is a well documented fact. I view them as one of the problems in this country. They put out so much hateful crap and have their readers brainwashed. I admit, I am immediately skeptical of anything from Breitbart, and for good reason IMO.

Edited by BillsFan4

Ok, I read that federalist article. I agree that some of that stuff seemed unnecessary (assuming it's true).

But let's also not pretend that republicans don't do things that hurt the American people, either.

There's usually 2 sides to the story though and you really have to research these days to get the whole truth and that's what I try my best to do. I don't have time right now to research everything in that article, but I do remember about the amber alert.

The actual amber alert system was never shut down, not for a second. It was just the purely informational site, and it only lasted a day or two from what I remember. They had to shut it down without IT guys there to protect against hacking but brought a furloughed worker back to run it because of the confusion caused by the false reporting that the amber alert system itself was shut down.

So it was basically much ado about nothing. The national center for missing and exploited children actually compiles all the amber alert site data and issues the alerts in a national level, and was still functioning (that federalist article is wrong in reporting it was shut down). That Amber Alert.gov site doesn't even list amber alerts. It redirects you to another website for those. Plus each state has their own amber alert system. The government amber alert website is just an informational site that tells you about what an amber alert is, the guidelines for issuing one and other stuff like that. That federal webpage plays no role in finding missing children and It has nothing to do with amber alerts being issued.

I'm more than willing to look at information that is based in facts and reality and has verifiable information. When the only sites I can verify the supposed information on are all far right leaning sites, I tend to be skeptical of that information.

I try my best to choose valid sources that aren't completely one sided and use verifiable factual information to form my opinions. I try to stay away from the sources that lean far left or far right (which is getting harder and harder these days). i like information sources that just report the facts and leave their opinion out of it (which is also getting harder and harder to find). After doing my own reading, I also like to double check some stuff on sites like Snopes that fact check articles and provide links to all the research they did in their fact checking.

As far as Breitbart - they are a notorious fake news site. That is a well documented fact. I view them as one of the problems in this country. They put out so much hateful crap and have their readers brainwashed. I admit, I am immediately skeptical of anything from Breitbart, and for good reason IMO.

You're making a pretty strong case that the Federal Government shouldn't be involved in the Amber Alert system, assuming your right about the lack of real impacts from a shut down. Really, it's an argument that everything that was shut down is wasted dollars that the Federal Government shouldn't be spending, because shutting those things down didn't matter.

Is that the argument you're making?

You are correct it is not a paramilitary group today. But you cannot characterize the Klan without acknowledging its history and the meaning that history has to African-Americans.

You absolutely can, and should characterize the Klan based on what it is now, when what it is now is having the actual impact. Nearly everyone whom the Klan of the 1950s and prior impacted is dead today. That Klan is irrelevant to the conversation.

And I don't agree that "BLM is very similar to the Klan as it exists today." Sure, both are militant-like groups specializing in the Politics of Grievance and recruiting morons and bigots from the dregs of society. That is about where the comparisons begin and end.

Which is fine, because it's the only relevant comparison. Both organizations are racist at their core. Anything beyond that is an acknowledgment that you find one group's racism acceptable.

• 1 month later...

John McCain is your classic politician.

The F-er is on death's door and he still has to put on his suit each day and get out there and muck it up in front of a camera.

He needs his audience and someone to boss around because feeling important and fueling his enormous ego is what he does; it's what all politicians do.

What amazes me is that some Americans actually think politicians care about them, like they are in the political game to make something or someone better. That's not the cloth these people are cut from. Those people often go into teaching, medical care, and jobs that pay very little but make big differences in individuals' lives. They don't f-ing run for the US Senate.

I support McCain's comments on the NFL and his separation from Trump of course. But overall, F John McCain.