Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

How many of us have a national platform with which our protest can possibly bring attention to our cause? If I could start my work day once a week with an email to all of my clients explaining how I detest the president and all that he stands for, and I actually felt it would make an ounce of difference, I'd be on that. I don't like that the anthem has been chosen as the platform for this protest as there are so many things for which it stands that deserve respect, but today's America is a divided nation and so many of the NFL's players stand on the opposite side of it from the president. Having a president that openly states that a Nazi flag-carrying, gun-toting, anti-semetic chanting group of marchers has many good people in it is surely not invoking confidence in a group largely consisting of black and hispanic males.

Well if you did, that's when the employer would probably fire you. See, such speech doesn't have the same protections from consequence in the workplace . It's not the place for it. Neither is the stadium . Try to have a protest there to counter the players lies and see what happens.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these dipshits did their political advocacy on their own time no one would care. The fact that they bring it into the stadium is the issue. I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

i almost drove up yesterday to buy tickets for the game and expensive concessions and discounted water to make a statement myself.

How many of us have a national platform with which our protest can possibly bring attention to our cause? If I could start my work day once a week with an email to all of my clients explaining how I detest the president and all that he stands for, and I actually felt it would make an ounce of difference, I'd be on that. I don't like that the anthem has been chosen as the platform for this protest as there are so many things for which it stands that deserve respect, but today's America is a divided nation and so many of the NFL's players stand on the opposite side of it from the president. Having a president that openly states that a Nazi flag-carrying, gun-toting, anti-semetic chanting group of marchers has many good people in it is surely not invoking confidence in a group largely consisting of black and hispanic males.

If I were your client I would cease to be.

You know those tweets you come across where you read and re-read them to make sure they actually said what you thought they did? Tweets so poorly thought-out that in your mind you’re sure what you’re reading is either a mistake or a parody.

Especially when it comes from someone with a blue check.

And wow, Joy Reid’s tweet is impressively STUPID:

A lot of people who are mad at Collin Kaepernick will be kneeling in church today. `

In her mind she thought this made sense.

Edited by B-Man

Hope Pegula lays down the iron fist to these dancing monkeys. Just play the music and dance for us, Mr bonjangles. We will throw you peanuts, we will cheer. Just shut up and dance

Wow...you've got some balls to be ok with writing an ignorant post like this...congrats on being "that" guy and helping to give Bills fans such a great name. :thumbsup:

Edited by JaCrispy

Wow...you've got some balls to be ok with writing an ignorant post like this...congrats on being "that" guy and helping to give Bills fans such a great name. :thumbsup:

thanks, petunia. you're now petunia because you're pretty and unique, with petals so delicate that i cannot touch you.

i admire your beauty.

While this is very true, should we not hold the president to a higher standard than others? It seems that the standard for which America tolerates political leaders and their level of communication just fell out of the sky the day Trump was elected. You may not have liked Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush etc., but they each were able to filter personal sentiment for the betterment of the whole.

I laugh when I think about some of the things the right got mad at Obama over. Like saluting with a cup of coffee in his hand. Or putting his feet on his desk. Or the White Houses Christmas tree decorations. Or how often he golfed (but now it's fine that trump golfs all the time and is on pace to spend more on travel in his first year than Obama did in 8 years).

Can you even imagine if he had said or did 1/4 of the crap Trump has? OMG it would have been the most epic melt down of all melt downs...

what a hypocritical response

and not directed at you solely, by the way.

this is all causing an uproar because of words and now it's a moment where who can out dick who.

if trump really is the bully, you just go on with life and let the bully be a bully and walk past him.

copy.

And tear yourself away from another 12-hour day posting a 100+ comments on a message board??

Fake news... :worthy:

i will likely be working today during the game once it gets boring or at least at some point.

i have to remove a split pin in a rotary drive. last time i had to do this i had to use my torch and cut it all apart. i'm hoping not to do that, have some Kroil. it's good ****.