Stephen Curry...Big thumbs up!

Lurker

Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump tweeted at 7:45 a.m. Saturday.

Here's what Curry had said that got him disinvited:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/trump-sticks-to-sports-with-comments-on-nfl-players-and-owners-and-steph-curry/2017/09/23/50e76dd2-a071-11e7-9083-fbfddf6804c2_story.html?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.cb7cc1a46140

Curry attracted the president’s attention Friday afternoon. The Warriors announced they vote as a team whether to attend the White House, as is tradition for champions from all sports. Curry said he would vote against going.

“We don’t stand for basically what our president . . . the things that he said and the things that he hasn’t said in the right terms that we won’t stand for it,” Curry said. “And by acting and not going, hopefully that will inspire some change when it comes to what we tolerate in this country and what is accepted and what we turn a blind eye to.

“It’s not just the act of not going. There are things you have to do on the back end to actually push that message into motion. You can talk about all the different personalities that have said things and done things, from Kaepernick to what happened to [Michael] Bennett to all sorts of examples of what has gone on in our country that we need to kind of change. And we all are trying to do what we can, using our platforms, using our opportunities to shed light on that.”

Edited by Lurker

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump tweeted at 7:45 a.m. Saturday.

Here's what Curry had said that got him disinvited:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/trump-sticks-to-sports-with-comments-on-nfl-players-and-owners-and-steph-curry/2017/09/23/50e76dd2-a071-11e7-9083-fbfddf6804c2_story.html?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.cb7cc1a46140

Curry attracted the president’s attention Friday afternoon. The Warriors announced they vote as a team whether to attend the White House, as is tradition for champions from all sports. Curry said he would vote against going.

“We don’t stand for basically what our president . . . the things that he said and the things that he hasn’t said in the right terms that we won’t stand for it,” Curry said. “And by acting and not going, hopefully that will inspire some change when it comes to what we tolerate in this country and what is accepted and what we turn a blind eye to.

“It’s not just the act of not going. There are things you have to do on the back end to actually push that message into motion. You can talk about all the different personalities that have said things and done things, from Kaepernick to what happened to [Michael] Bennett to all sorts of examples of what has gone on in our country that we need to kind of change. And we all are trying to do what we can, using our platforms, using our opportunities to shed light on that.”

Good for Trump withdrawing the invitation. These guys are idiots for passing up a rare opportunity just because that Barack guy no longer resides in the Whit House. And just what has " gone on in our country " Steph? What's been happening in Chicago? Well, we don't want to talk about real problems, just media driven exaggerations. I used to like Curry, but now I realize he's just another blowhard idiot without a clue.

Is he upset that whites are twice as likely to be shot by the police than blacks?

Probably not. And I'm pretty sure the black on black murder rate being double that of any other isn't a big deal either. You know, because of " what's been going on in our country".

OH MY !@#$ING GOD

ANOTHER GOD DAMN RACE THREAD?

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY... WHY?

MAKE

IT

STOP

Brought to you by the liberal media and athletes everywhere. Thank you.

Good for Trump withdrawing the invitation. These guys are idiots for passing up a rare opportunity just because that Barack guy no longer resides in the Whit House. And just what has " gone on in our country " Steph? What's been happening in Chicago? Well, we don't want to talk about real problems, just media driven exaggerations. I used to like Curry, but now I realize he's just another blowhard idiot without a clue.

Probably not. And I'm pretty sure the black on black murder rate being double that of any other isn't a big deal either. You know, because of " what's been going on in our country".

There was no invitation to be withdrawn. It hasn't been extended yet.

OH MY !@#$ING GOD

ANOTHER GOD DAMN RACE THREAD?

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY... WHY?

MAKE

IT

STOP

When you have a president who has a long history of saying and doing things that could easily be considered racist (and who's been sued by the government (more than once) for racial discrimination), race is going to be a topic of conversation.

I don't think it has anything to do with "that Barack guy" no longer being in the White House. It has to do with who replaced him.

When have so many athletes refused White House visits before Trump? I don't remember this happening with so often with Bush or Clinton or Obama.

Trump appeals to a very specific base. The rest of us pretty much seem to hate him (and with good reason IMO), so it's not all that surprising that athletes don't want to meet him. I sure wouldn't.

I think withdrawing the invitation makes him look petty and ego driven, like mostly everything he does.

Edited by BillsFan4

When you have a president who has a long history of saying and doing things that could easily be considered racist (and who's been sued by the government (more than once) for racial discrimination), race is going to be a topic of conversation.

I don't think it has anything to do with "that Barack guy" no longer being in the White House. It has to do with who replaced him.

When have so many athletes refused White House visits before Trump? I don't remember this happening with so often with Bush or Clinton or Obama.

Trump appeals to a very specific base. The rest of us pretty much seem to hate him (and with good reason IMO), so it's not all that surprising that athletes don't want to meet him. I sure wouldn't.

I think withdrawing the invitation makes him look petty and ego driven, like mostly everything he does.

I could swear you're describing Obama

Athletes have refused many times even in the recent past. Perhaps they didn't protest ( whatever their " cause" was ) loudly enough beforehand for you to notice . Trump just has the ball$ to do what many wouldn't because he just doesn't care about keeping up PC appearances. That is appealing. Politics has become a joke and it's a good thing he can brush aside " norms". Calling Trump racist is hyperbole and a media creation that has been repeated as fact. For example saying " both sides" were to blame for violence at a protest when folks on both sides came prepared for battle is just being honest , not racist. Does anyone know who actually threw the first punch? So many lies masquerading as facts.

I didn't know Obama was being sued. Do you have a link?

I didn't know Obama was being sued. Do you have a link?

Here you go -

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-report-trump-housing-discrimination-2017-2

Oh, and just for good measure, here's another one on how he's been to court over 3500 times, almost half of those for lawsuits against him for many different reasons -

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281908-report-trump-involved-in-3500-lawsuits

Athletes have refused many times even in the recent past. Perhaps they didn't protest ( whatever their " cause" was ) loudly enough beforehand for you to notice . Trump just has the ball$ to do what many wouldn't because he just doesn't care about keeping up PC appearances. That is appealing. Politics has become a joke and it's a good thing he can brush aside " norms". Calling Trump racist is hyperbole and a media creation that has been repeated as fact. For example saying " both sides" were to blame for violence at a protest when folks on both sides came prepared for battle is just being honest , not racist. Does anyone know who actually threw the first punch? So many lies masquerading as facts.

There's no need for the media to create anything in regards to Trump's racism. Trump does that well enough on his own.

Just curious, what do you think the motivation behind Trump's birther movement against Obama was? You don't think it had anything to do with skin color? Calling the president a Muslim from Kenya and continuing to do so even after the president released his long form birth certificate has nothing to do with his race?

There are plenty more examples of Trump doing, saying and being sued for racist things, but if you can't see it then there's no point in me trying to list them.

I'm sure it's all just a coincidence that so many of the most racist people in America all seem to be a part of trump's voter base...

Edited by BillsFan4

Just curious, what do you think the motivation behind Trump's birther movement against Obama was? You don't think it had anything to do with skin color?

It had to do with Trump wanting attention. Nothing more.

You people give him too much credit for having any beliefs whatsoever.

There's no need for the media to create anything in regards to Trump's racism. Trump does that well enough on his own.

Just curious, what do you think the motivation behind Trump's birther movement against Obama was? You don't think it had anything to do with skin color? Calling the president a Muslim from Kenya and continuing to do so even after the president released his long form birth certificate has nothing to do with his race?

There are plenty more examples of Trump doing, saying and being sued for racist things, but if you can't see it then there's no point in me trying to list them.

I'm sure it's all just a coincidence that so many of the most racist people in America all seem to be a part of trump's voter base...

Can you cite some racist comments he's made?

It had to do with Trump wanting attention. Nothing more.

You people give him too much credit for having any beliefs whatsoever.

Calling the first black president a Muslim from Kenya had nothing to do with his race? Come on man.

I agree it was also for attention though. He is a total attention whore.

Here you go -

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-report-trump-housing-discrimination-2017-2

Oh, and just for good measure, here's another one on how he's been to court over 3500 times, almost half of those for lawsuits against him for many different reasons -

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281908-report-trump-involved-in-3500-lawsuits

Oh, you were talking about Trump?

The moment you wrote "a president who has a long history of saying and doing things that could easily be considered racist," I just assumed you meant Obama.

Hilly started the birther movement. Is she a racist?

Democrats love keeping blacks in poverty on their projects plantations, only appealing to them every 4 years. Their welfare/abortion politics is meant to keep blacks poor, uneducated, and mindless followers. And it's working. Stay on the plantation the democrats built black people.

Heaven forbid you take on personal responsibility, hard work, pride in community and family, and rise from the slums that the elites of the left want you to stay on. Keep those Obama phones, food stamps, and government checks that guarantee you never a chance to succeed.

As long as big brother gives you a free ride, keep spouting "racism" to try and get more free stuff. Hopefully a few more hurricanes come about so the poor, descriminated BLM crew can rescue more Jordans from those oppressive shoe stores.

I don't think that's true. No one gets worked up over Indians and they're brown. I think he just exploited a fringe controversy.

Because people don't have an irrational fear of being slaughtered by Indians the same way they do about the irrational fear of Muslims. I agree he exploited a fringe controversy but this fringe are scared of Muslims and it's racist not religious.

Because people don't have an irrational fear of being slaughtered by Indians the same way they do about the irrational fear of Muslims. I agree he exploited a fringe controversy but this fringe are scared of Muslims and it's racist not religious.

When you hear "Kenya" do you think Islamic terrorists? I think long distance Olympic runners.

When people think of Muslims they think of 9-11 and well , Indians. Not blacks.

When people think of Muslims they think of 9-11 and well , Indians. Not blacks.

Please consult the English-Gibberish, Gibberish-English Dictionary and get back to me. Thanks.

When you hear "Kenya" do you think Islamic terrorists? I think long distance Olympic runners.

Ha. Good one.

Do you really think the morons that believed the birther bullschitt were not scared of darkie rather than Barack Obama reading the Koran?

Can you cite some racist comments he's made?

I'll start with a couple.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!

Or this one saying the overwhelming majority of all violent crime is committed by blacks and hispanics -

https://mobile.twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/908172588886753280/photo/3

Here's the crime rates by race - https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

Or the one where he said his judge in the Trump University scam case has a conflict of interest because he wants to build a wall and the judge was of Mexican descent.

Or when he said that almost all immigrants coming in to the US were rapists and drug dealers. (again, not true)

Of course, the only true answer to the whole Obama-Muslim-Kenya question was "Who !@#$ing cares?"

There's no religious test for office, and he was a natural-born citizen. The question is irrelevant.

was he though? never produced a real birth cert... He may be, but we will never really know. what we do know is that he is a globalist who wanted to destroy america's economy and culture to bring about his one world NWO. Is it a surprise that the stock market is hitting record highs after he got out of office, and a nationalist business man took over?