Stephen Curry...Big thumbs up!

Lurker

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you approve of keeping the black community in the ghetto. Good to know.

So you approve of keeping the black community in the ghetto. Good to know.

Huh?

How did you get that from everything I typed?

What I was saying is that I don't approve of corporate welfare and that it is costs the average taxpayer much more than poor people on welfare and food stamps.

Way to just totally skip over and not address any the information I presented you though.

Edit - actually, I didn't even realize that you were referring to "the ghetto" with your comment below.

So you are saying that all the people who don't pay taxes live in the ghetto and are black?

Sure sound like it... yikes!

Actually, a large percentage of people get a free ride in this country. What percentage of people don't pay taxes? And how many of them are able bodied workers who refuse to find work? It's amazing how when you cut off the free ride, people are able to find jobs.

Edited by BillsFan4

So youre in favor of bestowing hereditary entitlements?

Nope. Each case is its own entity. Steve Kerr has always been very involved in politics. He has a unique experience and is a thinking man's type. He shouldn't be lumped into the asssinine "oh, he's just another dumb jock and he should keep his mouth shut" azzholiness that has pervaded this board and the national conversation lately.

Nope. Each case is its own entity. Steve Kerr has always been very involved in politics. He has a unique experience and is a thinking man's type. He shouldn't be lumped into the asssinine "oh, he's just another dumb jock and he should keep his mouth shut" azzholiness that has pervaded this board and the national conversation lately.

Jock's, by and large, are stupid.

Even the "smart" jocks. Stupid.

Look up corporate welfare before you go getting mad about people not paying taxes.

Bet you also don't care Trump hasn't paid taxes in years. He said it himself, that he used a $918M loss in 1995 to avoid paying federal taxes for years (up to 18yrs he can use it, but he wouldn't say how long it's been and he won't release his tax returns, so...)

The rich get far far more tax breaks than the middle class and poor. There are some massive corporations that don't pay any taxes!

Here's a list of corporations in the US that did and didn't didn't pay federal taxes. 18 of the largest corporations in the US didn't pay any federal taxes from 2008-2015. Rhere were 100 that didn't pay any federal taxes in a single year between that time period. You are talking Billions of dollars of federal tax revenue lost from just 1 corporation alone, let alone what's lost from all of them combined over this 8 year period.

https://itep.org/the-35-percent-corporate-tax-myth/#.WMGvmBIrLUZ

Oh, and welfare + food stamps only cost the average tax payer around $40 dollars per year. Where as the most conservative estimate I could find on what corporate subsidies cost the average tax payer shows a cost of $2436 per average taxpayer, per year.

http://thefederalist.com/2013/09/30/calculating-the-real-cost-of-corporate-welfare/

Why do leftists always bring up corporate welfare? That's a left-wing policy. That's like Philip Morris selling alcohol and then saying "before you go bashing alcohol producers you should take a look at the ass holes selling cigarettes.

In fairness, his statement was pretty stupid. His dad's fate is unfortunate but I don't see how it's related.

From Steve Kerr

Theyre protesting excessive police violence and racial inequality. Those are really good things to fight against.

I honestly think this is pathetic. They're protesting a strawman and doing so in an idiotic way. They haven't studied the issue or researched the facts.

Kaepernick said he's doing this because America is a racist country that oppresses black people. That is the foundation of this movement.

My question is, compared to where? Where are these countries that treat minorities as well as in America and the west? Black Americans are the wealthiest and most privileged black people in the world.

Do they still have grievances? Maybe. I think you can argue it either way. But the idea that America is what Kaepernick says it is is offensive. Not because it's unpatriotic (which it is) and not because it's racist (which it also is), but because it is an affront to truth.

It's also the difference between saying "I don't like your behavior" and saying "I don't like you."

I have no respect for any of these people. They insult me and expect me to support them and their cause in turn.

Show me legitimate evidence of real injustice and I'll stand and fight with you. Pout on the sideline because you have unsubstantiated feelings of injustice and I mock you.

From Steve Kerr

I honestly think this is pathetic. They're protesting a strawman and doing so in an idiotic way. They haven't studied the issue or researched the facts.

Kaepernick said he's doing this because America is a racist country that oppresses black people. That is the foundation of this movement.

My question is, compared to where? Where are these countries that treat minorities as well as in America and the west? Black Americans are the wealthiest and most privileged black people in the world.

Do they still have grievances? Maybe. I think you can argue it either way. But the idea that America is what Kaepernick says it is is offensive. Not because it's unpatriotic (which it is) and not because it's racist (which it also is), but because it is an affront to truth.

It's also the difference between saying "I don't like your behavior" and saying "I don't like you."

I have no respect for any of these people. They insult me and expect me to support them and their cause in turn.

Show me legitimate evidence of real injustice and I'll stand and fight with you. Pout on the sideline because you have unsubstantiated feelings of injustice and I mock you.

From Steve Kerr

You are never going to get " legitimate evidence" you are asking before because the actual statistics are coming from people with agendas from both sides. It's easy to tear apart or at least highly question most of these numbers and studies from both sides. You cling to ones and believe in ones that support yours and yet you claim "confirmation bias" to refute the opposite, a term that is quickly becoming the most overused and misused and therefore meaningless term in all of world blather.

But you are asking me and others to believe that the ones who feel or act or claim to be replaced are reading about this from fake news and liberal media rather than it actually happening to people they know or themselves. That's crazy imo.

You are never going to get " legitimate evidence" you are asking before because the actual statistics are coming from people with agendas from both sides. It's easy to tear apart or at least highly question most of these numbers and studies from both sides. You cling to ones and believe in ones that support yours and yet you claim "confirmation bias" to refute the opposite, a term that is quickly becoming the most overused and misused and therefore meaningless term in all of world blather.

But you are asking me and others to believe that the ones who feel or act or claim to be replaced are reading about this from fake news and liberal media rather than it actually happening to people they know or themselves. That's crazy imo.

So anecdotal evidence = truth? Because those involved ( especially on the wrong end) couldn't possibly embellish the story, minimize what they did to contribute to the situation or eggagerate? Some people like to punk off Cops , act like a tough guy, then quickly realize they have bitten off more than they can handle. Then cry about " excessive force" being used. Use of force allows the minimum amount of force required to control the subject. In other words it is relative to what the subject is doing. Kind of a " sliding scale" . That's just one example. It just comes down to who you want to believe. I get it, it's " cool" to dislike Cops in society.

That's not accurate. I'm asking for any empirical evidence supporting this narrative and getting nothing. I have seen plenty of solid evidence that argues the contrary.

You're suggesting that the anecdotal evidence is more reliable than empirical evidence. That's a poor method for finding truth but a great one for supporting a false narrative.

Where confirmation bias comes in is where black kids are taught from a young age that cops (and white people generally) are out to get them (see "the talk"). Whenever they have a negative interaction with a person from the oppressor group they attribute it to racism even when racism is not in play. I've seen very few acts of genuine racial discrimination but I've seen countless baseless accusations where the accuser was convinced beyond doubt that he was right.

You brush off media influence out of hand, but look how this got started. Not organically by an oppressed people rising up, but in response to a few high profile news stories, most of which proved baseless, but not until after the masses were stirred up. And psychological studies show us that once a belief has formed it will subsist even after the foundation upon which it was formed is proven false.

I also think the burden falls upon the people demanding action be taken to make the case that their cause is legitimate.

So anecdotal evidence = truth? Because those involved ( especially on the wrong end) couldn't possibly embellish the story, minimize what they did to contribute to the situation or eggagerate? Some people like to punk off Cops , act like a tough guy, then quickly realize they have bitten off more than they can handle. Then cry about " excessive force" being used. Use of force allows the minimum amount of force required to control the subject. In other words it is relative to what the subject is doing. Kind of a " sliding scale" . That's just one example. It just comes down to who you want to believe. I get it, it's " cool" to dislike Cops in society.

Like the Michael Bennett story, which was nearly a complete fabrication, and disappeared from view as soon as video showed up to refute his claims?

Anecdotal evidence from millions of people could be considered to have a modicum of truth, sure.

Why do leftists always bring up corporate welfare? That's a left-wing policy. That's like Philip Morris selling alcohol and then saying "before you go bashing alcohol producers you should take a look at the ass holes selling cigarettes.

In fairness, his statement was pretty stupid. His dad's fate is unfortunate but I don't see how it's related.

That's not true. Corporate subsidies are bipartisan. Both sides seem to like to blame the other but there's a long history of both parties supporting it.

Trump himself used it to keep companies like Carrier here. He is actually a big (and vocal) supporter of corporate subsidies and tax loopholes, and has been for decades.

The massive bank bailout happened under George W Bush, as well as the TARP program (which he signed into law).

Republicans in congress have voted plenty of times to give out or continue corporate subsidies. Both parties have.

Like in 2013 where the republican controlled house voted to slash $40B from food stamps while also voting to preserve massive corporate subsidies. At least the democrats try to help the poor as well.

The Republican Party bases much of their current platform on giving massive tax breaks to the rich. Just look at their voting record in congress and the senate.

That's not true. Corporate subsidies are bipartisan. Both sides seem to like to blame the other but there's a long history of both parties supporting it.

Trump himself used it to keep companies like Carrier here. He is actually a big (and vocal) supporter of corporate subsidies and tax loopholes, and has been for decades.

The massive bank bailout happened under George W Bush, as well as the TARP program (which he signed into law).

Republicans in congress have voted plenty of times to give out or continue corporate subsidies. Both parties have.

Like in 2013 where the republican controlled house voted to slash $40B from food stamps while also voting to preserve massive corporate subsidies. At least the democrats try to help the poor as well.

The Republican Party bases much of their current platform on giving massive tax breaks to the rich. Just look at their voting record in congress and the senate.

You're right that Republicans behave too much like Democrats. That doesn't change the fact that corporate welfare is part of leftist ideology and is counter to laissez-faire conservative economics.

This what you wrote:

"Anecdotal evidence from millions of people could be considered to have a modicum of truth, sure."

Where did this little tidbit come from?

A mathematical estimate that is probably way low, considering there are about 45,000,000 black people in this country. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have estimated a lot more than just "millions."

A mathematical estimate that is probably way low, considering there are about 45,000,000 black people in this country. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have estimated a lot more than just "millions."

So, this is what you call a "mathematical estimate"? What makes it mathematical? At first I thought it was just a wild ass guess but I changed that to something you must have just pulled out of your ass. While both of those may certainly be true, I really think it is a gigantic crock of horseshit that you made up to defend your own bias.

Edited by grinreaper

So, this is what you call a "mathematical estimate"? What makes it mathematical? At first I thought it was just a wild ass guess but I changed that to something you must have just pulled out of you ass. While both of those may certainly be true, I really think it is a gigantic crock of horseshit that you made up to defend your own bias.

I based it on the fact that every single black person who has commented on it that I have seen or read or heard, 100% out of hundreds, think this issue exists. 0% of the hundreds have said, implied, intimated or even postulated that it is within the realm of possibility that it doesn't exist.

Then I started in on the math.

45 mil black Americans. A couple hundred out of a couple hundred think it exists. Zero out of a couple hundred don't believe it exists. Therefore, it's a very good chance that "millions" agree it exists versus the chance that most black Americans believe it doesn't exist but they never spoke out or no one asked them.

On second thought I believe that I did see certifiable idiot and liar Sheriif Clarke imply once it didn't exist. So there is one.

But that wasn't this weekend which is what I what referring to.

I based it on the fact that every single black person who has commented on it that I have seen or read or heard, 100% out of hundreds, think this issue exists. 0% of the hundreds have said, implied, intimated or even postulated that it is within the realm of possibility that it doesn't exist.

Then I started in on the math.

45 mil black Americans. A couple hundred out of a couple hundred think it exists. Zero out of a couple hundred don't believe it exists. Therefore, it's a very good chance that "millions" agree it exists versus the chance that most black Americans believe it doesn't exist but they never spoke out or no one asked them.

On second thought I believe that I did see certifiable idiot and liar Sheriif Clarke imply once it didn't exist. So there is one.

But that wasn't this weekend which is what I what referring to.

Wow, that's a lot of people in just one weekend. I'm wondering, did you use a calculator for this math exercise?

Wow, that's a lot of people in just one weekend. I'm wondering, did you use a calculator for this math exercise?

Nope. I'm good at math in my head. I read a couple dozen comments from players, saw countless tweets, saw at least ten interviewed on TV, saw a bunch on interviews I clicked on from online, read a bunch more on places like here who paraphrased or quoted some players, as well as a bunch from commentators and pundits on tv who were talking about what certain players told them, heard a bunch on the radio and bills.com. Then I added the couple hundred players who were kneeling, most of whom but not all of whom were black, and came up with "a couple hundred."

Nope. I'm good at math in my head. I read a couple dozen comments from players, saw countless tweets, saw at least ten interviewed on TV, saw a bunch on interviews I clicked on from online, read a bunch more on places like here who paraphrased or quoted some players, as well as a bunch from commentators and pundits on tv who were talking about what certain players told them, heard a bunch on the radio and bills.com. Then I added the couple hundred players who were kneeling, most of whom but not all of whom were black, and came up with "a couple hundred."

And how'd you select that sample?

100% of aggrieved people were aggrieved. More at 11.

Actually Colin Kaepernick said he wasnt aggrieved, or more specifically been unfairly treated, he was doing because he was lucky to be in a position to not be aggrieved, and was doing it for other people, less fortunate than he, who may have been unfairly treated. Thanks for playing.

Actually Colin Kaepernick said he wasnt aggrieved, or more specifically been unfairly treated, he was doing because he was lucky to be in a position to not be aggrieved, and was doing it for other people, less fortunate than he, who may have been unfairly treated. Thanks for playing.

So then that's not a !@#$ing anecdote, you dunce.

So then that's not a !@#$ing anecdote, you dunce.

Colin Kaepernick didn't say that this week, that was his original position, moron. He wasn't included in the anecdotal number. I didn't see him speak if he did indeed speak. My post was only in reference to you saying all these people were aggrieved and I found that ironic that the guy behind it didn't feel aggrieved.

That said...

While I still stand by my belief that "millions" of black people in America feel this way, and it's almost for sure a low estimate IMO, I shouldn't have used the couple hundred who kneeled as being anecdotal, because some of them, a lot of them, weren't automatically believing there is racial injustice. If I had to guess, I would say 100% do believe there is, but their sole act of kneeling doesn't specifically mean they do. A lot were just protesting the Orange Clown's stupid comment.

So even though I'd bet all of them believe it's true, I should not have included all of them in the hypothetical. Although it's one of those you don't know for sure things, but you know for sure. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Colin Kaepernick didn't say that this week, that was his original position, moron. He wasn't included in the anecdotal number. I didn't see him speak if he did indeed speak. My post was only in reference to you saying all these people were aggrieved and I found that ironic that the guy behind it didn't feel aggrieved.

That said...

While I still stand by my belief that "millions" of black people in America feel this way, and it's almost for sure a low estimate IMO, I shouldn't have used the couple hundred who kneeled as being anecdotal, because some of them, a lot of them, weren't automatically believing there is racial injustice. If I had to guess, I would say 100% do believe there is, but their sole act of kneeling doesn't specifically mean they do. A lot were just protesting the Orange Clown's stupid comment.

So even though I'd bet all of them believe it's true, I should not have included all of them in the hypothetical. Although it's one of those you don't know for sure things, but you know for sure. ;)

You and Meathead sure know a lot about what it means to be black in America. :thumbsup:

It's called "empathy." You and a bunch of others here should try it sometime.

I'm just shocked that there are actually people who believe, without question, they know how millions of others' feel.

But that's leftism for ya. "I know what you chappies need!"

Edited by jmc12290