The Rams 2nd pick will also likely be a late rounder

SaviorPeterman

But make no mistake about it, just like with the Chiefs 1st rounder, this Rams 2nd round pick is also looking like it will in the bottom third of selections because this Ram's team is going to be decent this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak up and win that division since the only real threat is the Seahawks whose offense is terrible and can't score either. Plus the Rams have owned that series in recent years anyway even with much worse teams.

If i told you last April that the Chiefs would win the superbowl this year, would you with perfect hindsight trade pick #10 for pick #27, pick #91, and what would become then pick #32 in 2018?? I would have in a second.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had more wins that us, remember Bills beat the Jets are another bad loss from the wheels coming off.

Not saying the Rams are a SB squad but they have the talent to win a lot of games this year. And still think the defense will be much better this because it's not the norm for a Wade Phillips defense to give up almost 40 points.

My point is that not matter how you feel about the Watkins deal, it's not like we got the better end especially since Gaines is a FA after the season and we might just waste the 2nd round pick in a trade or draft another horrible player which has been the norm with our 2nd rounders in recent years.

and Watkins could injure himself next week and miss the next 8 games, then come back and play less then 100% the rest of the year too

For the record I have no issue with the Watkins deal despite his coming out party in primetime last night for the Rams. We all know his history here and at least we got something for him.

But make no mistake about it, just like with the Chiefs 1st rounder, this Rams 2nd round pick is also looking like it will in the bottom third of selections because this Ram's team is going to be decent this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak up and win that division since the only real threat is the Seahawks whose offense is terrible and can't score either. Plus the Rams have owned that series in recent years anyway even with much worse teams.

I hope Terry Pegula paid attention last night though watching former Bills on both teams light it up and make plays. Beane and McDermott are not proven commodities and certainly don't deserve a '5 year plan' or whatever BS they are already likely feeding the Pegulas.

Unlike the Bills the Rams are doing the right thing and building around a quarterback they picked in the 1st round. Honestly, the Bills should have went for it this year. I have to imagine McBeane gets more than just three years to do this thing, think about it next year will be the first year with a new quarterback of their choosing and they will already be in year two. Does it make any sense to fire them in year three with only two full years with the quarterback they chose?

If they get anything less than four years here it will be a mistake.

2 weeks into the season and everyone has a crystal ball.

Unlike the Bills the Rams are doing the right thing and building around a quarterback they picked in the 1st round. Honestly, the Bills should have went for it this year. I have to imagine McBeane gets more than just three years to do this thing, think about it next year will be the first year with a new quarterback of their choosing and they will already be in year two. Does it make any sense to fire them in year three with only two full years with the quarterback they chose?

If they get anything less than four years here it will be a mistake.

Who says the Bills dont go after Cousins or Garropolo?

So what... they spent a ton of picks on their QB already. Their roster has some top end talent, and they want to try and maximize it and get into the playoffs. I don't blame them, they're new to LA and have been bad for so long that nobody cares to go watch them.

We on the other hand don't have our QB, we have a lot of overpaid guys, and are clearly rebuilding. A talented WR isn't putting us over a hump, and we probably don't franchise him because it hamstrings your cap while you work on a negotiation. So he probably walks, and in order to get the comp pick you have to be a little less active in Free agency. We got a better pick and a player for it.

I don't know that the rams franchise him either... their best CB, WR, and MLB are all UFAs....

Edited by dneveu

So the Rams beat the Colts and 49ers....now they're legit.

This was my thought, too. They beat a terrible Colts team starting a terrible QB, and then they beat the 49ers (who will most likely be a bottom 2 team) by a whole 2 points and now the Rams 2nd round pick will be bottom of the round and they might win their division?

I mean, I guess it could happen. But let's hold off on the hot takes for now. We are only 2 games into the season and the Rams played two crappy teams.

Beating the Colts and 49ers is hardly any reason to think that they will win their division or even make the playoffs... Being marginally better than the Bills are today isn't saying much...

they have young , dynamic talent at QB, RB and WR. They have reason to be excited, we don't.

they have young , dynamic talent at QB, RB and WR. They have reason to be excited, we don't.

And by the end of this season the Bills may well have beaten the Jets twice and the Colts once as well.... That still doesn't lead me to believe that either the Bills or the Rams are going to make the playoffs this year....