TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't value the position. Which is why I suggested they won't select a WR high next year in the CFB thread

They did trade a starting corner for a guy, a slot corner for a guy and traded up to the top of the 2nd. They value the position but have no clue how to evaluate it. They don't understand the importance of speed and seperation.

They did trade a starting corner for a guy, a slot corner for a guy and traded up to the top of the 2nd. They value the position but have no clue how to evaluate it. They don't understand the importance of speed and seperation.

I can see this perspective but again the difference between Zay Jones and Watkins IS game changing. So if they truly valued the position, why trade Watkins? Why settle for a awful receiving corp? They don't utilize it, that is why.

It's much simpler than that. Zay is on a rookie contract, Sammy is about to ask for money worthy of a Julio Jones, and he isn't that. They hope Zay develops into a #1 next year and are exchanging Sammy's production for a 2nd round pick and a cheap replacement.

I knew that as soon as Sammy caught one deep pass everyone would say bad trade for the Bills. We weren't going to pay him what he thinks he is worth. We'll see if the Rams do.

The fact we weren't going to pay him is speculative and still reflects poorly on the regimes offensive understanding.