Offensive pass interference....please explain.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.........when the O plays like crap for 55 minutes and can't muster a TD and a PI call at the end of the game on the final drive is what cost us the game, is all you're worried about, then it looks to me like we may have a bigger issue here.

Aye Carumba.

The offense played terribly today. No question.

Despite that, the Bills still had a chance to win the game, and the pass interference call, which was a bogus call, was big factor into how the game turned out.

The offensive pass interference call on our guy that cost us a first down inside the 20.....in my opinion, that was not pass interference. The ball wasn't even in the air when those two guys banged into each other. They collided, the db fell on his butt, and a couple seconds later Tyrod escaped the pocket and threw the ball to #18. First down.

Is it pass interference if the ball hasn't been thrown? If not, is it illegal contact if our guy knocks their guy on his butt....which was beyond the legal 5 yards to make contact....is our guy not allowed to jostle the defender if they engage?

I think it was a bad call. Did it cost us the game? We'll never know. Jones could have made the catch, but it would have been an amazing catch.

I thought it was the wrong call, but easily understood from the vantage point of the ref on the replay. Besides, that was probably the guy they tripped earlier in the game...

I thought it was the wrong call, but easily understood from the vantage point of the ref on the replay. Besides, that was probably the guy they tripped earlier in the game...

That or the inevitable revenge call by the refs for taking out one of theirs.

bull **** call.

I'm watching the Denver/Dallas game and they herald Bryant for doing the same thing.

Call it consistently (see Bryant, Gronk, etc.) or don't call it at all.

Gronk gets called for OPI as much or more than anyone. Den also gets his share of OPI calls.

Some of it depends upon the reaction of the defender - in the Bills case the guy goes 4 yards down field falling.

I think there was contact and his arm extends, but I also think the DB gets his feet tangled making it look worse.

I think that is a call that can go either way and it went against us. I don't think it was a bad call, but it also has gone without being called because it is borderline.

Agree. Never saw a replay but it looked like the defender turned Shady's helmet. The announcers never commented on it.

I heard them say something, but never saw a replay because of the hurry up. It looked like his mask got pulled down - did not see it turn at all, but still could of been called.

They didn't call the obvious facemask the play before, so they should have just continued to let them play.

The OPI was the right call. I am somewhat of a homer, so you know it was legit.

I just wonder how in the hell they missed the facemask. The one ref was right there! Blatant miss.

Edited by r00tabaga