Most alarming is McDermott

We knew/know this is what Tyrod is. We knew this wasn't going to be a good offense.

But I think we were hoping we finally had a coach that could manage the game properly. Clock management by McDermott was absolutely embarrassing. And I don't want to hear about how he's a rookie head coach, he's been around this game. He himself said he's been preparing for this for a long time.

It's a tough reality to face that we have yet another head coach who has no idea how to manage the game.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the HC that kept Carolina to 3 points (and no TDs) is ALARMING!

Time management was an issue, but he'll learn. And comparing the emotions of a real game to Madden is just silly, IMO.

Can't wait to see where this thread goes... o_O

embarrasing?

We knew/know this is what Tyrod is. We knew this wasn't going to be a good offense.

But I think we were hoping we finally had a coach that could manage the game properly. Clock management by McDermott was absolutely embarrassing. And I don't want to hear about how he's a rookie head coach, he's been around this game. He himself said he's been preparing for this for a long time.

It's a tough reality to face that we have yet another head coach who has no idea how to manage the game.

hyperbole much? Embarrasing? Far from it.

you can create threads with one post?

Thats waht they do so when it turns out Mcdermott is a good coach at the end of the year they can hide behind a fake account. Its no different as it was on bbmb. Its likely one of these hot takers runnin rampid creating threads on nothing.

what would you expect from a rookie HC.

The great thing is how well Jauron has aged and it seems his clapping skills have really improved.

What I don't get is how guys get head coach jobs without ever being in that role. No offense to the 7 year old girl's soccer team he coached.

Every HC gets his first HC job at some point. Should have used his timeouts a lot better.

Should have used timeouts better, but that's not why we lost. Far worse was Rivera's decision to kick a FG on Carolina's last drive. Firing offense, actually, and it's exactly how the Panther's lost to the Bills last time the teams played.

This is a terrible thread, IMO. For three reasons:

1) we didn't lose because of clock management; it played actually no role whatsoever in the outcome of the game and so I don't get why this is a complaint.

2) in hindsight, the clock was actually managed correctly. If Zay catches that ball, we call TO and then easily have 3

Shots at the end zone while giving the panthers no chance to get the ball back.

3) if you can't appreciate how well coached the D was out there today and on the road, you are missing what coaching is all about. The game management stuff comes with experience; the fundamental coaching doesn't.

This is a terrible thread, IMO. For three reasons:

1) we didn't lose because of clock management; it played actually no role whatsoever in the outcome of the game and so I don't get why this is a complaint.

2) in hindsight, the clock was actually managed correctly. If Zay catches that ball, we call TO and then easily have 3

Shots at the end zone while giving the panthers no chance to get the ball back.

3) if you can't appreciate how well coached the D was out there today and on the road, you are missing what coaching is all about. The game management stuff comes with experience; the fundamental coaching doesn't.

This.