Most alarming is McDermott

This is a terrible thread, IMO. For three reasons:

1) we didn't lose because of clock management; it played actually no role whatsoever in the outcome of the game and so I don't get why this is a complaint.

2) in hindsight, the clock was actually managed correctly. If Zay catches that ball, we call TO and then easily have 3

Shots at the end zone while giving the panthers no chance to get the ball back.

3) if you can't appreciate how well coached the D was out there today and on the road, you are missing what coaching is all about. The game management stuff comes with experience; the fundamental coaching doesn't.

Agreed. I am extremely encouraged by McDermott so far. This team looks organized, plays really hard, and does not beat itself with mistakes. And that was a great performance by the defense.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) we didn't lose because of clock management; it played actually no role whatsoever in the outcome of the game and so I don't get why this is a complaint.

2) in hindsight, the clock was actually managed correctly. If Zay catches that ball, we call TO and then easily have 3

3) if you can't appreciate how well coached the D was out there today and on the road, you are missing what coaching is all about. The game management stuff comes with experience; the fundamental coaching doesn't.

#1 - Just because it didnt play a role, doesnt mean we cant discuss it. So I don't get your point.

#2 - Gahhhh my head is going to explode. No it wasn't.

#3 - Agreed, I think he has done a great job, but it doesn't change the clock management issue today for me.

Edited by Crayola64

If they make that play to Zay, they still have a TO and chances to score. This was not the worst time management we've seen and doesn't raise any red flags for me, yet.

I don't know what the most concerning thing is, actually...

Maybe that makes it time management by default...

#1 - Just because it didnt play a role, doesnt mean we cant discuss it. So I don't get your point.

#3 - Agreed, I think he has done a great job, but it doesn't change the clock management issue today for me.

Of course we can, but if you start a thread calling the clock management an embarrasment how serious can you take said thread?

agree

It really wasnt that awful, plenty of time to win while leaving Carolina with no time to play if we score.

It's the damn offense. Sorry but you have to play to the strength of your players. If they let Tryod roll out more and throw on the run like the last drive, we would have moved the ball better all game and put some more points on the board. Keeping TT in the pocket is a mistake. If he's our QB, you need to gameplan for his strengths.

Sounds like most of you were listening to Gannon, who has no idea what's going on on the Bills' sideline. To me it seemed like they had a play set to go quick, but it took too long to get it in there and someone messed up so he was forced to burn a TO.

He's now had 2 complete games.

It's time for McD to go. It's obviously not working out.

Hell, he STILL hasn't won a playoff game yet.

He's a friggin' .500 coach and obviously always will be.

McCoach and Beane need to be fired immediately. Career .500 records and zero playoff wins is unacceptable in week 2. Of their first season. !@#$ those losers.

Yeah, this guy nailed it for the most part.

We knew/know this is what Tyrod is. We knew this wasn't going to be a good offense.

But I think we were hoping we finally had a coach that could manage the game properly. Clock management by McDermott was absolutely embarrassing. And I don't want to hear about how he's a rookie head coach, he's been around this game. He himself said he's been preparing for this for a long time.

It's a tough reality to face that we have yet another head coach who has no idea how to manage the game.

It wouldn't have mattered much. If Jones catches the ball we are down at the 3 or 4 yard line, call a TO with 14 seconds left and have 2 or 3 cracks at the end zone.

People make this a much bigger deal than it is many times.

The great thing is how well Jauron has aged and it seems his clapping skills have really improved.

What I don't get is how guys get head coach jobs without ever being in that role. No offense to the 7 year old girl's soccer team he coached.

Wait... This is hilarious. By your logic, there would never be new coaches. We'd need to resurrect Vince Lombardi and that guy who used the word "matriculating."